Prudential Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential in June 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth. Had a phone call initially with the recruiter. Talked about what my goals were and what I was looking for in the role. Also talked about the requirements of the position, sponsorship and also about the eligibility of FINRA exams. Didn't proceed further because they could not sponsor without the certification.

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Interview process was not very substantial. One phone interview, and I was told that they would call me to set up the in-person. Four months later, did not hear anything. Still have not formally received a rejection, but what have you. Regardless, the interview itself was docile. Nothing extraordinary to note.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was highly professional. Interviewer was knowledgeable and helpful. The process was well organized. All information was offered up front and there was always the feeling that this was a reputable company

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my friend who works there. 3 weeks later I got an email to schedule an interview. Good but intense interview with 4 people. Did not hear back until 2 weeks later to schedule another interview. Went very well and got an email 2 days later to take this assessment test. It was tough one. I think I failed it, because after that they went mum on numbers of my follow up emails..... it has been 2 weeks already.

Interview Questions

• Many accounting questions. Hot to treat accrual, revenue, depreciation etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Thorough and fair. Final round was several short interviews along with a test. Interviewed with people from all levels of the company, probably 9 or 10 in total. This was after one phone interview that was pretty uninvolved, mostly personality type questions. They got back to me the night I got home from Chicago to let me know I had an offer, and the offer was far more generous than I expected

Interview Questions

• Convince me that debt markets are interesting enough to work in   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

They hired through my college career website. I received a response that week. They asked very straightforward questions about your background and why you are interesting in the position. During the first round they asked you to choose five adjectives to describe yourself. In the second round they told you more about the position and asked why you are interested.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked questions to make sure you were committed enough to bring in your own clients.   Answer Question

Commission based and I did not want to bring in a list of 200 of my own clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

-It was very straightforward and understood. They are up front with you and give you feedback, it is very relaxed as a matter of fact. The leadership there is good. It is usually just you and 2-3 of the managers/supervisors they are very professional throughout the entire process. I worked there before and when interviewing again you can how the culture is understood across the regional offices.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through school career website and had on-campus interview after about a month. It took me only 2 weeks for first interview, and asked me about basic questions regarding my resume and experiences. Also, they asked me 5 behavioral questions, it was pretty hard questions to answer unless prepared.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific situation and asked me to solve the problem from the view of different roles such as project manager, new employee, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

On campus interview, straightforward questions. Brought back for an office interview, the partners were pretty intimidating with 7 different interviews and the entire process was just extremely long and tiring. Nice that they took us to dinner with staffers the night before to feel more relaxed but overall way too long of a process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the Fed should do in light of the new QE3 reports?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Most of the interview involved behavior related questions. Some questions related to excel skills and how to manage large amounts of data (tables, charts, pivots). The interview was less formal than expected and was more geared towards getting to know the candidates background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and what you did to fix the problem   Answer Question