Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.2

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First there was an online assessment which tested work ethic and values before an interview invite was sent out. Then there were 2 initial interviews which were conversational and provided additional information about the company before a more formal interview with a senior manager

Interview Questions

• Have you had an ethical dilemma and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Interview

Semi secure building , not very busy for after lunch. Pleasant and inviting staff . Just an overview of prudential and an introduction to the hiring process. A good mix of formal and casual for the initial encounter

Interview Questions

• 1st interview ; overview of assessment and if I am a good fit with the selection process   1 Answer
    • We do a complete criminal background check, a credit check, a drug test. As well as a follow up of 4 more interviews before we offer a position and talk about compensation , is that ok?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter contacted me saying that he had reviewed my resume and thought that I would be a good candidate for the job. He then opted for me to do an online assessment of how you would handle various workplace situations. After that I got a call saying that they want me to come in for an interview. The in-person interview was a hour long (group) assessment of job duties.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential in July 2017.

Interview

Unnecessary phone calls/voicemail and emails just to take a brief personality assessment. Unprofessional without scheduling a phone interview and didn't ask, "is this the best time to talk?" Hiring and interview process seemed fairly easy to get the role, and seemed like they were hiding that it was a sales role. Overall, not worth the time and process.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who made the job sound so lucrative. I took a personality assessment and then had my first interview. He didn't ask many questions and told me about the position. The job is 100% commission but when I asked him he tried to talk his way around it by highlighting the percentages I would make from sales as well as bonuses.

Interview Questions

Because they don't offer any base pay. The benefits are really good but if you have slow sales you're literally making zero dollars. You can do everything right and just not have people who want to buy insurance. Sales positions have a very high turnover rate and they don't care about losing you because they will most likely retain the clients you bring in during the beginning.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and they quickly set up a interview. They sent me a online personality assessment to complete. I went in for the interview and the recruiter just told me about the position.Not too many questions were asked at all.
     It is a sales position. Since you have to get your licenses to sell the insurance, it is a long process which you are reimbursed for after you pass the exams. In the pre-contract phase you are paid about $10 an hour.
    It seemed anybody could get the position if they put the hours in to train. You seem are your own boss really for this job. The opportunity to make money is there, it just depends how much work you want to be put in. The position was not for me, so I am not moving forward with the process.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Ontario, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I thought that it was going to be difficult since I have never been in this industry before. It consists of 3 stages. The first one was an introduction with the manager. He/she explains the company, what they're known for, how well they are doing in the industry, his/her background, and what got them interested in this career. It's relieving because they are down-to-earth with you. I was a little cautious because he did mention "commission-only" and that i will have to pay for all the licensing myself. So that first meeting all i could think about was, "am i ready for this commitment?". After you schedule your 2nd "meeting" (not really an interview, per say, because you're really just getting to know each other) you have to fill out a background check online that asks for previous work and addresses from the last 10 years (good luck with that if you're like me who held a lot of jobs from many industries during college and moved around a lot). The second meeting, you are asked to take another assessment that measures your knowledge about a lot of math and critical thinking. He told me that it didn't matter if i got them all wrong, it helps him gauge how much he'll need to help when it comes to studying for my licenses. (I hope that's the case because that test was pretty rigorous, in my opinion). Third meeting was with the managing director. That was the real interview. The two of them then explain compensation. The way they broke down the pay structure makes "commission-only sales" sound less intimidating. Next step is to make sure my background clears, study for the life & health license, and then begin training in the office. Tips: Take some time to reflect after the first meeting. Is this really what you want to do? You're not going to be paid during the training period. You're on your own for the first couple of months. Make sure that you will be dedicated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Prudential?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Scheduled a interview before even sending me the assessment; after the assessment was done then canceled the interview. Before even scheduling a interview should've said after completing the assessment if we believe you are a fit for the position we will then follow up to schedule a interview and not vice versa.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Invited to an info session in their Bethesda, MD office. It was only 3 people and the Prudential employee basically explained the role and asked us if we had any questions. It was pretty informal and they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview?

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest worry about potentially having this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was very informative of the role and the company itself. Check in at security, escorted through the building and about an hour long interview. The interview itself was pretty straight forward - describe the qualities that qualify you for the position, what are you looking for in a career etc. The recruiting manager was very knowledgeable of the position and was able to answer all of my questions (which is uncommon considering most recruiters have never actually worked the role they are interviewing for).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Prudential that differentiates them from competitors?   Answer Question