Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.3

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who made the job sound so lucrative. I took a personality assessment and then had my first interview. He didn't ask many questions and told me about the position. The job is 100% commission but when I asked him he tried to talk his way around it by highlighting the percentages I would make from sales as well as bonuses.

Interview Questions

Because they don't offer any base pay. The benefits are really good but if you have slow sales you're literally making zero dollars. You can do everything right and just not have people who want to buy insurance. Sales positions have a very high turnover rate and they don't care about losing you because they will most likely retain the clients you bring in during the beginning.

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and they quickly set up a interview. They sent me a online personality assessment to complete. I went in for the interview and the recruiter just told me about the position.Not too many questions were asked at all.
     It is a sales position. Since you have to get your licenses to sell the insurance, it is a long process which you are reimbursed for after you pass the exams. In the pre-contract phase you are paid about $10 an hour.
    It seemed anybody could get the position if they put the hours in to train. You seem are your own boss really for this job. The opportunity to make money is there, it just depends how much work you want to be put in. The position was not for me, so I am not moving forward with the process.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Ontario, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I thought that it was going to be difficult since I have never been in this industry before. It consists of 3 stages. The first one was an introduction with the manager. He/she explains the company, what they're known for, how well they are doing in the industry, his/her background, and what got them interested in this career. It's relieving because they are down-to-earth with you. I was a little cautious because he did mention "commission-only" and that i will have to pay for all the licensing myself. So that first meeting all i could think about was, "am i ready for this commitment?". After you schedule your 2nd "meeting" (not really an interview, per say, because you're really just getting to know each other) you have to fill out a background check online that asks for previous work and addresses from the last 10 years (good luck with that if you're like me who held a lot of jobs from many industries during college and moved around a lot). The second meeting, you are asked to take another assessment that measures your knowledge about a lot of math and critical thinking. He told me that it didn't matter if i got them all wrong, it helps him gauge how much he'll need to help when it comes to studying for my licenses. (I hope that's the case because that test was pretty rigorous, in my opinion). Third meeting was with the managing director. That was the real interview. The two of them then explain compensation. The way they broke down the pay structure makes "commission-only sales" sound less intimidating. Next step is to make sure my background clears, study for the life & health license, and then begin training in the office. Tips: Take some time to reflect after the first meeting. Is this really what you want to do? You're not going to be paid during the training period. You're on your own for the first couple of months. Make sure that you will be dedicated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Prudential?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Scheduled a interview before even sending me the assessment; after the assessment was done then canceled the interview. Before even scheduling a interview should've said after completing the assessment if we believe you are a fit for the position we will then follow up to schedule a interview and not vice versa.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Invited to an info session in their Bethesda, MD office. It was only 3 people and the Prudential employee basically explained the role and asked us if we had any questions. It was pretty informal and they called me a week later and asked me to come in for an interview?

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest worry about potentially having this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was very informative of the role and the company itself. Check in at security, escorted through the building and about an hour long interview. The interview itself was pretty straight forward - describe the qualities that qualify you for the position, what are you looking for in a career etc. The recruiting manager was very knowledgeable of the position and was able to answer all of my questions (which is uncommon considering most recruiters have never actually worked the role they are interviewing for).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Prudential that differentiates them from competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (East Hanover, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

It's a 3 stage process, i got called by a recruiter. First you go in they tell you about the position, second you fill out application and they go into details about requirements in that position, lastly you going take the aptitude test and they give you project 200 ti fill out and you wait for them to give you a call back which doesn't happen sometimes. They never tell you about a base salary what so ever. They initially tell you that you will be a Financial Advisor then later on they try to get you to do basic insurance sales.

Interview Questions

• Why did you consider taking that position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back, interview process did take a long time and was a bit tedious at times. You will have to first take an IQ test to see if you are capable of doing everything the job requires.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who needs a manager to motivate or self motivated?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Lengthy interview process (series of 3-4 interviews, some of which are over an hour long). Everyone was very nice and helpful. They answered any questions I had about the position. Very straightforward. Interview process also includes an online assessment to see if you are a good "fit" for the position (personality and behavioral questions).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Very standard first round interview. Started with introducing myself and walking through the resume. Manager introduced the company and requirement for the position.

Candidate would need to take a course to learn about the financial products before work commence. This would be a commission only position. Company will sponsor candidates to take the 6 series exam to become a certified financial adviser.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself.

Why do you want to become a sales person?
      Answer Question