Prudential Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Financial Professional Interview Questions

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY).

Interview

After sumbitting my application online, I took an assesement which qualified me for an initial meet and greet. After the meet and greet, I was invitied for a formal interview. The last interview consisted of meeting with the managing director of the office that I applied to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the office manager, and told that my licensing (around $1100!) would be up to me to finance, with a promise to be reimbursed. After explaining that I would not be able to meet that initial investment, the sales manager assured me that I should continue with the application process anyway, hinting that there might be some sort of way they could help me. I filled out the online application and was sent a questionnaire. I filled out the answers and received an email a few days later explaining that I was not eligible to be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• The questions are fair, but very hard to answer without explanation. An answer of "I Don't Know" could show negatively, but could be very accurate depending on why it was answered that way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview at first, then a series of online assessments, then 3 different face to face interviews, overall it took almost 3 months to get accepted into the CDP Career Development Program, which I successfully completed in 3-6 months.

Interview Questions

• How do I like interacting with people.   1 Answer

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Recruiter or Hiring manager will contact you and send you an initial application including a test you take online to determine if you would be a good fit for the job (personality profile). If you pass, you will have to take another test determining your logic skills. You will further have to pass a thorough background check, drug test, etc. as well as interviews with your hiring manager, managing director, and manager of agency training.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be a good sales representative and give me examples.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Interview

Interviewed twice with a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (East Brunswick, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very simple. If you pass the assessment test and get the required licenses, you will be hired. Almost everyone is a college graduate. If you are intelligent and study hard, you can pass the test for the licensing exams. it talks about three months to get all the licenses and you also have to earned at least 5k in GDR before you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging. They mostly talk about the job potential.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

Application and background checks are extensive and can take a few weeks to complete prior to an interview with management. Interview is conducted by the in house recruiter, then by the management team you will be assigned. Finally by the regional director if an offer is going to be made. Everyone is very supportive and wants to be sure that they are hiring the best candidates.

Interview Questions

• Interview question very from why you would be a good fit for this position to how well to you manage time and responsibilities of being your own boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Discovered in Job Fair
    Manager presented job opportunity
    Entrance exam written
    Interview practice over phone and in person with prospective clients
    Listing of contacts on memory jog
    Review and pass Series 6 and 63 exam
    Go on field and on job training for 23 weeks

Interview Questions

• No allowance, just subsidy

Pressured to perform according to high expectations   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take or leave offer. No sweeteners if desirable

Financial Professional Interview

Interview

Met recruiter at a job fair. Left resume with him and contacted a couple days later. Interview process consisted of an initial interview, follow-up and then offer meeting. The initial interview was more educational and experience background. Following the initial you have to take a personality test, which you can't fail because they hire anyone with a GED. During the follow-up interview they ask you questions relating to your ability to sell and gather more information about personality. After that, if you're willing to shell out $10K (licensing, commute, daily living expenses) and not get paid for 6 months, they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• What are you more interested in, managed money and investments or insurance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Unpaid for 26 weeks of training.