Prudential Financial Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Financial Service Associate Interview Questions

2.7

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

The 1:1 interview consisted of basic background questions on my work history. The manager asked if I had any sales experience. He also asked about my education. The manager then explained the culture in the office and the sales environment to expect. He informed me that I had to take a test to determine if I qualified for a full time or part time position. If qualified for the full time position, I would be called in for a second interview. If I do well on the second interview they will bring me on board for 10 weeks to prepare for the Series 6 and 63.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an employee that acts negative towards you on a consistent basis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a College recruiting event. I gave him my resume. He called me the next day and scheduled an Interview. Now I am waiting for the second interview. I am guessing that I will be offered a job. I don't know If I will take it or not. This job is commission based. I want a real salary.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2010.

Interview

what sales background do you have

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Latham, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I got a call, Prudential had found me because I had posted my resume on a website. Its a very straightforward interview process they tell you step by step what you are going to do. I was first sent a online background and resume application to fill out; although I have had to fill out a lot of these for jobs I find them frustrating because after spending hours upon hours perfecting my resume I have to copy and paste it into little boxes. I found it a little strange because there was no place to put my job title and only 35 characters allowed for describing job responsibilities. This took an hour and a half. You go in take a math exam ( about an hour), I considered it more of a reasoning skills exam you would not need to be good at math to take this exam and you get as much time as you need. When you get home you have a personality test to take online within the next 48 hours. There were a lot of questions about how your boss views you and how you view yourself compared to other people you have worked with in the past. I got a call telling me I had done very well on both exams and was invited back in to have a "career path" interview. Theres really only one career path you are allowed to take-financial services associate. I was given a Project 200 packet to complete. I think anyone who took the time and completed this packet would have a 100% chance of getting this job. All in all its a very straight forward and timely process which makes applying here a lot less stressful and confusing than most jobs.

Interview Questions

• I never got a question and answer interview, only to an informational interview.   Answer Question

I went into the "career path" interview hoping that there would be other paths than building a clientele out of my family and friends and being a salesperson. That was just not something I was comfortable with because I know a few people in the insurance field and would either limit my customer list or be taking away customers from people I know.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in November 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a Prudential FSA. The manager was very amiable and the interview was painless. He did ask me about a company from which I was terminated. He did ask about other previous companies I had worked for. I would tell anyone who is about to interview for this position to relax and be confident in yourself. I am now in Step 3 of the process and am about to have the "Structured Interview".

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Melville, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a representative of Prudential who found my resume on-line. She Scheduled an interview with my manager. I met with him briefly very comfortable and easy interview. I then was introduced to the recruiting manager who briefly met with me and put me on the computer to fill out the application. I was then told they would schedule me to come back for a math test. I returned about 2 days later and met briefly with the recruiter who asked me some great questions and made me feel at ease. She described more about the process and asked if I had any questions. She then set me up to take the math test it took about an hour. Very easy math concepts just take your time and its easy. I was then told they would review it and call me. The next day I was sent a link for the personality test . No problem just answer the questions truthfully or you will wash out. You are only cheating yourself. I was then contacted by phone and told I did extremely well. I was then scheduled to come in for a meeting with my manager. I first met with the recruiter who described more of the process .. very informative. I then met with my hiring manager he went over a book I received and how I was to complete it along with project 200 This is all designed to help you and get you in the frame of mind that you are going to need to be in. It also includes 10 interview you need to do 5 on the phone 5 in person. I am now waiting for the next interview . However I am extremely happy so far. All this time and steps taken have done nothing more than help reassure me that I am making the right decision . You need to keep in mind you will need some sort of way to make money other than Prudential during this time it is long and you do not find out when you start if you start for some time. Look at it as an investment into your future. All good things take sacrifices.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you have recently faced and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • Did you do any prep for this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not yet there.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential in October 2009.

Interview

On the day of my interview I was briely told about the company and the position and was giving a in office test. The test consist of math and english problem solving skills. Which took about 2 hours after that, I was sent home to tak a in home test which was basically a personality test. As os today I have passed both test and I am waiting to hear from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (City of Industry, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I received an interview after meeting the recruiter from a career fair. The initial interview was mostly fit and included a mathematical test that took about two hours to complete. I voluntarily withdrew from the interview process, but had a great experience with the people at Prudential and even had coaching from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Champaign, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by the local recruiter via email. After reading over a hundred reviews on sales positions at various companies i.e. farmers, metlife, northwester mutual, etc. I decided Prudential was the best of the group and decided to contact the recruiter and go in for an interview.

The first interview was 1:1 with a relatively young lady who asked me some very basic questions about myself based on the information on my resume. Most of her questions were aimed at my networking ability, work ethic, and commitment. Next she told me a little about the company and asked if I had questions. Following that, I took an aptitude test that lasted about 1.5 hrs. Before I left, I was told to take a personality assessment online within the next 24hrs.

I did extremely well on both and was told to come back in for another meeting with the manager of sales and training about 1 week later. I began to have second thoughts due to my ability to quickly establish networks that would generate sales (college grad/non-local). After talking more with the recruiter I decided to go back in and speak with her concerning those issues. The meeting went well and I committed myself to finishing the interview process.

Next week, I went in and discussed the marketing project. I had 4 days to complete it. Upon completing it I went in to meet with the manger of training and of sales sequentially. Both meetings went extremely well. I learned more about my future bosses and the work atmosphere which I describe as one filled with a strong work ethic, positive thinking, personal growth oriented, and mentorship, which is great if you are a very competitive/durable individual.

About 10-15 mins after I left, I received a phone call from the recruiter who told me they both liked me as a very solid candidate as well as her of course and the next step is to get the ok from the big guy which is pretty much a yes with a nod from all three of them. She even told me the start date.

I'm going back in next week to meet with the big guy and presumably to accept the offer.

In summary its a very intense and through interview process. I can tell this is certainly not a job for the weak hearted.

Interview Questions

• The aptitude test consisted of questions such as:

Is the quantity in column A greater than the quantity in column B given X is..... and 2x+y   1 Answer
    • Personality test: would you describe yourself as: a) hostile b) easy going c) .....

Should the 1st ppl you contact to sell to be your family members? yes or no   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Albany, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on the phone for 1 week, and then i went into the local office for an interview and test. The test consisted of "choose the best answer" questions. If you score a 55 or better you make it to the next step... and that is where I am