Prudential Financial Services Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Financial Services Associate Interview Questions

2.7

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in September 2015.

Interview

They found my resume was found on Monster and contacted me to apply. After initial contact, they wanted to move forward and sent an 88 question online test about what I'd be most and least likely to do in different scenarios, as well as other questions about fit, skills, and values.

I "passed with flying colors" according to the office coordinator who followed up with me, and I was invited to come and speak with a mid-level manager.

That interview was 1.5 hours long, going over my story, my interest in the company and the industry, and my relevant experience and skills. He presented on what is involved in the position, the benefits and training process, and about the office, company, and industry more generally. Throughout, we mentioned personal stories. Next week, he'll give me a call to ask 6 questions, predetermined by an outside agency. With luck, I'll move forward from there to interview for 3 hours with the more senior managers in the office! After that, if all goes well, I'd start the background check, training and certification process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Applied online. After applying online I received interview phone call then after all of that I received an in-person interview. Everyone was very pleasant. Seems like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The process moves fast. I get the impression that they try to hire as many people as they can so they can leverage their contacts. They are very up front and transparent about the process. Be prepared to do several more background tests after you accept a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is straight commission. They also will tell you that you will be able to work independently, but you will find out after you are hired, that even though you will be 1099'd. They will expect you to be at mandatory meetings every morning so that everyone can talk about how they did their job yesterday and will do it again today.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Met with Regional Sales Manager and Senior Financial Services Associate after a referral from the Senior Financial Services Associate. Interview process consisted of an online assessment test as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason you left the same position at the last company you worked for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Meet with certain people discuss what the job is like and how they rate above other companies. They were nice people that just wanted to get you in so they could pull a cut of your commissions

Interview Questions

• what do you like about this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was ok no salary so not much to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

Got an interview with this company because my brother's co-worker worked for the manager of this (Jackson, MS) office. The interviewer was well put together, and extremely personable. Some concerns though were that I never had much time to respond to questions nor did I feel like I had time to talk in general. The interviewer was very good at trying to persuade you to really look hard at accepting the position with the company.

Overall, the interview was a little overwhelming at first, but soon, it was okay. Be prepared to answer questions about the services Prudential offers as well as some other questions based on your personality (are you personable, are you an introvert/extrovert).

Interview Questions

• If you were to enter an elevator and there were 9 other people in the elevator, what would you do?   2 Answers

The job is all commission. Or at least, the job offer I got was. At this point in my life, that was too big of a risk for me.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Charlotte, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

2 quick interviews that were easy to pass. They'll hire anyone because the outlay for them is zero. Anyone can get hired here. Making a real living here is up to you and you alone. If you have a book of business or can succeed anywhere you will also succeed here, but you will get more help getting to the next level elsewhere. Why go with the bare min?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I met the company at a college fair and gave them my résumé. I had to fill an online information questionaire and later they sent me a personality test. After I passed the personality test they invited me for an interview. During the first interview they gave me a brief overview about the company and asked me to tell them a little about myself. It was overall a good experience and they invited me to a second round. They did not tell me anything about their salary package and told me that would be discussed in the next round. I started to get the feeling that this job is commission based. They did tell me that I have to take classes to be licensed, go through training and that I would not be working their technically until that is done, about 6 months. After the interview they wanted to sign up for classes right away and pay for them, as well as an extensive background check. I opted out of continuing further because I did not want a commission only job.

No salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential (Bethesda, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I started my interview process through my campus recruiting services. The entire process involved three face-toface interviews; the first to get acquainted with the company, the hiring manager and to see if there was a potential fit with the company and the applicant (myself). The second meeting went more in depth about the job's duties, required licenses for the state of application (in my case, the series 7 & 63, and cad., life & health), and their personalized business plan -- which involved putting together a 'Project 200' excel workbook (i.e. compiling a list of 50+ personal/professional references and their personal demographical information, which was suppose to be my "natural market"). This particular part was a little much, considering that it seemed as though I would have to use my friends and relatives to make cold calls to sell financial services to.. The third round interview was with the office's managing director -- the last gateway before an employment offer was determined. All in all, the company seemed straight forth with a solid training and mentoring platform to set new employees up for success.

For licensing, Prudential stated that they'd reimburse me for tests and material, provided I passed all three on the first attempt. They also stated that they'd pay a salary plus bonuses and commissions for the first two years while I built my book of business (only after acquiring all necessary licenses), then I would fall into a 10-99 status as an agent w/out a salary base (strictly commissions, etc.).

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me how I'd feel soliciting financial services to my family members, and how exactly would I go about doing so.   1 Answer

Found a better job opportunity in a different industry that was more relevant to my past work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Orange, CA).

Interview

3 separate interviews. First interview is informal and conversational. Second interview goes into responsibilities and expectations. Third interview is split into two halves. First half goes over compensation and benefits. Second half is with the managing director and is more detail/background oriented.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 things you want to accomplish professionally and personally within the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Need to pass licensing exams and training in order to be hired full time.