Prudential Financial Services Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Financial Services Associate Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Melville, NY).

Interview

I first received a telephone interview with the Howard Beach office of prudential, afterwards the Uniondale office, and then Melville. It should have struck me odd that there was so much competition over my entry level resume.
   The interviews consisted of a first general meeting, describing the company, and the second on marketing strategies, the third would have been a marketing presentation by myself, on my own internal market. The company does require you to submit the names and information of at least 200 of your friends and family to generate leads. If you are uncomfortable with this, do not apply.
   I was told training is unpaid, but i may receive reimbursement. Pay is commission, plus draw for your first year. The draw is variable, so it can and will go up and down based on performance. Marketing costs are only partly subsidized by Prudential, and will also fluctuate based on performance.
   I decided not to go further in the process, as I was not interested in a job wich may require me to put more into it financially than I would get out for the first couple years.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, this company seems more bent on hiring you, than you might be on getting the Job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Mount Pleasant, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

Standard interview process for this industry - interviews with managers and directors plus additional computer testing, and mock telephone call. Each step can take up to a week. Once initial approval is granted you will need to submit a lot of paperwork, get finger printed and then wait on the background checks. It can take some time to get through the various interviews and up to a month after the interview to actually start their training program.

Interview Questions

• Standard knowledge and sales skills questions for this industry but they also want a list of your friends, family, associates, etc. to see whether you have enough contacts to build a business network.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Moosic, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Once you have received a call back and you passed the candidate assessment quiz you are pretty much hired. The questions that they ask you are situational and standard just like any other company. It seems like they want to see if you are able to communicate effectively, because you are going to be in a client facing role.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a drink, what kind of drink would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call from their internal recruiter, followed by a call from a manager and a personality test. There were three in person interviews. The first was a light intro interview with my manager. He gave me a project 200 to complete. The second interview was with two managers. We went over my project 200. The third interview was with the managing director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. 100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Cleveland, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview seemed the company spent more time informing me on Prudential what the position entailed than getting to know me. The personality test was standard and the skills test was fairly easy. Both interviews were almost identical. The interview was very informative for me which was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I got called right after I applied online, really fast. They told me to go to their office and have a test. I went there and the test was mainly behavior questions regarding to your work ethics. Then I was told to watch a video about general information of this position and how people achieve their goals at Prudential. After that two managers came in to interview me. They said I did really well for the test. They asked some simple questions about my background. Then they said that for this position Prudential cannot offer any sponsorship (I'm an international student). So I didnt get the job.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New Orleans, LA) in January 2011.

Interview

Seemed like a great employer with good training opportunity, I would recommend it to anyone that is a self starter and willing to develop a local client base.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever done?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years?   1 Answer

Am looking for a travel opportunity and this position required a lot of sales and being tied down to a specific region.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Bellevue, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

First went in for a pretty informal 1 to 1 interview, they basically told you about the company and the position. Then completed a aptitude test the same day (which took 1-2 hours). They emailed a personality test for you to complete within 48 hours.
    Then went in for a 2nd interview with the manager. It was not very formal either. The manager was nice, he described your tests results, and guide you through deciding whether you would like to do this (giving you a head up that this is a straight commission job and you won't be making any money the first 3 months during your licensing & training period). If you think that's ok, they will give your Project 200 to complete (put down a name, telephone, address, etc. list of 200 people you know). Together with Project 200, you must do marketing survey with 10 people.
    After finishing the project, they contact you and ask you to go in for a Structured interview (with Manager and Trainer 2-3 people), which they are supposed to ask some standard interview questions. And then there should be two more interviews after this: 4) Career Presentation Meeting, and 5) Career Decision and Planning Meeting as indicated on their website.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok working straight-commission?   Answer Question
    • How would you find your clients if you just opened up your own business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter and sales manager at a career fair. I gave them my resume and followed up the following Monday. I received a call back within 24 hours asking that I fill out an extensive application online before going to their financial offices to begin the skills assessment. The online application is very detailed and requires a list of 10 years employment history, and other background info.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Miami, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

Basically, I e-mailed someone who was a campus recruiter. The day after I had a reply in my inbox and now will be interviewing with him. Seems easygoing and you just have to be assertive and know what you want.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into the insurance field?   Answer Question
    • Describea time when you had a problem with a customer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty laidback. I feel that if you walk in there and you know a little about the company and you want to go in the insurance, then this will be a no brainer.