Prudential Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.3

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Scranton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in January and I got a call from the recruiter in March to set up a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview consisted of 2 situational questions (tell me about a time...) and an explanation of salary, what the position consists of and benefits. Once I stated that I was still interested, I progressed to the next step which was an assessment. It had a call center simulator and a lot of behavior questions, nothing too hard. I got an email the next day asking to set up an in person interview. I scheduled mine for the following week. The interview was with one manager, and it was about 6-8 situational questions and a 'tell me about yourself'. After that I was able to listen in on a live call in the call center to see what it would be like. The position is just educating clients on their 401k, pension, savings, etc and helping them with any changes they would like to make. I got a call the next day offering me the position. Which comes next is a very extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you calmed down an angry customer, tell me the steps you took and what was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Interviewed after meeting with someone at a networking event. Smooth interview, standard questions. Job involves a lot of sales. They want to see that you are a positive and confident person.

Interview Questions

• None. Most important question was to explain why you wanted the job/why you wanted to work for prudential.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

Interview

It is a presentation like they would give to large groups not personal at all.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Prudential in September 2013.

Interview

so far just finished online app and waiting for call back from Recruiter from the Pittsburgh Region.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions.Run me through your resume etc... But felt like I was being harassed during the interview to buy life insurance. There is over 4 rounds of "interviews" but stages 3-4 are mostly about convincing you to begin to work for them. I stopped after round 4 because it no longer interested me. You have to pay for all materials associated with obtaining your sales license and will not get reimbursed if you fail.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Interview process outlining the career followed by a personality test and intelligence test.
    Compile a list of 200 names and numbers of friends and family and others including occupation and so on. Then you must pass licensing tests with the state and SEC.
    You have 26 weeks to do this as well has make 5 sales and 5000 of revenue.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions that you would expect. Expect ethics questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Tampa, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Got one call from a person in Kansas just as a preliminary. She scheduled me for a 1 on 1 interview with the Tampa hiring manager. The hiring manger made a great presentation with all these promises of financial riches if one works hard enough. They want you to give them 200 contacts and try to sell to them. Its not what you think it is, if you know people with money then you can make some cash quickly but there's too many competing insurance firms and if your customer cancels a policy, then you have to give back your commissions. Its good for people who don't need a constant stream of cash and its a significant initial investment of time and MONEY. Money because you have to pay for your own licensing exams and you have to make a lot of calls and drive to a lot of places to pitch your product. Also, you have to create your own leads, and that takes money.

Interview Questions

It was a commission only job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was called at the office to take two tests and then a follow up 1:1 interview. The tests took 3 hours and after that the recruiter met with me. He went over the test results. If you scored within their hiring range he will let you know and he did. I did well. I was a good fit for their program. Then he explained the process. The individual needs to fill out a form that they call it Project 200. Usually, you suppose to list all your friends and if you can't provide this, there is no further interview. You get disqualified immediately. So, I decided not to write my friends and family names and called the recruiter to let him know that I am not interested in the position anymore.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter did all the talking and I had some questions such as security licenses and so forth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interviewing process took a couple weeks - 2 face to face interviews, the first of which included a skill set test. Not a very hard position to obtain, as long as you choose the "common sense" answers on the skills test. They really like enthusiasm, and appreciate those who are able to bring their own clients to the table. They only provide you with 20% of the leads and you're responsible for obtaining the rest. Commission only for the most part....

Interview Questions

• Are you apart of any social organizations?   1 Answer

I'd just graduated from college and all of my "leads" were friends who would've probably been to broke to pay for some life insurance....comission failure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2010.

Interview

Started off with an easy one-on-one interview, just glancing over the highlights of my resume. Then had to complete a skills test, Intelligence test, and a personality test. Even though I failed my personality test (for some reason...) they began to tell me about the job descriptions, pay and work for the first year. After that, I was taken to the interviewer's office, where he told me I had to write down 200 names of people I knew that would need life insurance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about a situation you had that proved to be difficult for you?   1 Answer

All commission and no base - would result to only 15,000 a year. They withheld about $300-$600 of your paycheck in case you didn't meet commission. Only hired me to get my clients. Too much work for the money.