Prudential Interview Questions in Hartford, CT | Glassdoor

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and effecient. I met with three executive's separately and the conversations flowed well. The recruiter was very helpful to answer any questions and the management team was flexible when scheduling the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome challenges to achieve success?   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Interview in Hartford, very straightfordward questions, but others had different experiences. Asked about resume, and basic finance questions. No modeling related questions. What is ebitda? How to evaluate company ect. The company seems like a good place to work, Headquarters in hartford is very big but surrounding area is questionable

Sales Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

For more mid level and senior roles the process seems informal. I met with the manager and her manager. Met a few folks on the team. They had me meet several other senior people just to get a feel for the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

It took about 3 months to complete interview process. I was called 3 times for face to face interview total with 6 people. All personality questions nothing technical but you should answer them technically to prove that you can do the job. Focus and emphasize on your strengths. Everyone was very polite and made sure I'm easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation when you took a risk   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received an offer and accepted it

Retirement Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

On campus interview consisted of two back to back thirty minute interview sessions, the first was with one interviewer, the second one was with two interviewers. Super day consisted of 4 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you thought a project leader's strategy might be harmful to the company?   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 months. It began with a phone screening and then called in two weeks later for an on site interview. The first interview was an hour and a half. I met with 2 managers and 1 associate manager. Then I was called in for a second interview two weeks later and met with 2 directors and 1 manager. The next day after I received a job offer! You better practice your interview questions and do your research.

Interview Questions

• What kind of journal entries do you process on a weekly basis?
      What makes a good leader?
      Name a time you ran into a problem and how did you go about fixing it? What could you have done differently?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with staffing, Preliminary phone interview with Hiring Manager, followed by five one hour interviews back to back with co-department managers, dept head and hiring manager. Mix of video conference and in person.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiting firm and asked to submit a resume. Within a week I was told they were interested and wanted to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted approximately 45 minutes and mostly described the job, the department and the market. A two hour, on-site interview was scheduled with three individuals - the hiring manager and two of his reports. I asked more questions than they did; they seemed to want to make sure the job information was clear.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience coordinating projects across departments and other locations.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Internal applicant, had three rounds of interviews; HR, four back-to-back interviews, then two back-to-back. The hiring manager and her three peers were the second round, then the VP of the group and who became my peer was the third round.

Interview Questions

• You've been at Pru for a while now, but you started with a very different background. Are you going to wake up one day and decide that you miss your old life and go back?   Answer Question

Sales Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Prudential put me through an in person series of interviews. The HR recruiter told me that I was the only candidate and it turns out, I was one of six candidates for a half day series of interviews. I took a day off from work and drive 4 hours to their Hartford office and stayed over night - they paid for my hotel and meal expenses. The recruiter asked me to do two writing assignments and submit them prior to the interview and do a work style assessment to see if I was a good culture fit. Be careful of companies who ask you to do a written assignment - they are just using you for their own benefit of free work...I worked for three days to make perfect so they would see how competent I am because I thought I was the top candidate and it was the final round of interviews. That was sooo not true.

I met with four people in the department. They seemed nice but none of the four had any sales training experience - I am a seasoned sales training leader and bring deep experience.

They declined me without even progressing me to the next round saying that the person they hired was a sales professional in the industry and they would learn how to do training.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall any difficult questions just the writing assignments.   Answer Question