Prudential Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, its my 2nd year so I was a shoe in on returning again. But for newcomers it can be a very competitive field as a lot of people do apply for an internship at Prudential.

Interview Questions

• Describe one tough challenge you faced in a group activity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Shelton, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

A super easy process, first a phone interview with a recruiter and then one superday that consisted of three thirty minute interviews. All interviews were predominently behavioral and pretty similar to one another. Interviews were mostly conversational with about a 10 minute window at the end for questions which i recommend you come prepared with. Process definitely moved quickly phone interview then superday a week later and heard back about a week after the superday. Overall very stress free process with really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you took a risk on a project and it didn't work out as well as you had planned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Process lasted about a week. Interviewer only asked two questions; mainly conversed about unrelated topics to see if I would be a good fit for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dresher, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on college website. Had an on campus interview with 2 people. Was asked to come visit their office for another interview. Interviewed with one other person. Was shown what I would be doing in the summer. Got tour of campus. 2 weeks later I got an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential in April 2016.

Interview

Asked a lot about your personality and what drives you. I honestly cannot remember much of the rest but a lot of it had to do with why you would be a good salesman.

Intern Interview

Interview

Spoke with rep from HR by phone -- both concrete and hypothetical questions.. some weird ones, be prepared
    Conduct lots of research of the company -- very important to show you can add value to the specific firm
    Look at job posting and address specifically why you meet/exceed requirements/expectations

Interview Questions

• What percentage of your accomplishments would you attribute to yourself vs. external forces?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

My interview for the position was with a hiring manager. Most of the questions were personal in order to determine if I had the right personality and determination for the position. At the end, they ask you to complete a task after the interview which consists of contacting family members/friends and telling them about life insurance.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable making various phone calls to potential clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable talking to them in the interview, very nice people, great company. There were 6 people that interviewed me from the team I would be working on. They were younger and the interview was more like a conversation with a friend. Very easygoing and laid back. Newark is just a scary area.

Interview Questions

• A lot of excel questions and how to go about solving problems   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was one on one. The first part was very standard behavioral stuff, "walk me through your resume," etc. The second half was a simple case case, which was unexpected but not surprising because they are a private equity firms and they need similar skills as management consultants. I was caught a little off guard, but the interviewer walked me through it. He had asked some accountant specific questions, which I did not know because I'm not a business student. Recommend knowing basic accounting terminology and practices before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Should a company acquire another, somewhat related company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a dinner the night before on campus, really relaxed.
    Some great interviewers and some that asked the same question over and over making it hard to come up with new answers.
    Really depended on the interviewer that you had.