Prudential Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

Spoke with rep from HR by phone -- both concrete and hypothetical questions.. some weird ones, be prepared
Conduct lots of research of the company -- very important to show you can add value to the specific firm
Look at job posting and address specifically why you meet/exceed requirements/expectations

Interview Questions

• What percentage of your accomplishments would you attribute to yourself vs. external forces?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in November 2012.

Interview

First interview was on-site at my campus, second round was at their headquarters in Newark, NJ. Process seemed very organized throughout and it looks like a program that can give you a lot of hands-on experience. The second round interview consisted of 2 separate interviews by employees, the first round was just one.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you experienced difficulty motivating a team member and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Phone Interview - Surprised with multiple people on the other end - Conference style

Interview Questions

• How would you finance an apartment?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

college recruiting, one on one interview and Newark interview

Interview Questions

• normal questions throughout the process. A lot about strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential in April 2016.

Interview

Asked a lot about your personality and what drives you. I honestly cannot remember much of the rest but a lot of it had to do with why you would be a good salesman.

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dresher, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on college website. Had an on campus interview with 2 people. Was asked to come visit their office for another interview. Interviewed with one other person. Was shown what I would be doing in the summer. Got tour of campus. 2 weeks later I got an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was one on one. The first part was very standard behavioral stuff, "walk me through your resume," etc. The second half was a simple case case, which was unexpected but not surprising because they are a private equity firms and they need similar skills as management consultants. I was caught a little off guard, but the interviewer walked me through it. He had asked some accountant specific questions, which I did not know because I'm not a business student. Recommend knowing basic accounting terminology and practices before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Should a company acquire another, somewhat related company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a dinner the night before on campus, really relaxed.
    Some great interviewers and some that asked the same question over and over making it hard to come up with new answers.
    Really depended on the interviewer that you had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a long process, but I enjoyed meeting everyone that I did. They asked me a lot of scenario questions and tried to get to know me as a person. Prudential is a company that I would like to work for in the future. If you feel like you didn't land this job this time, always try in the future

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed once by a hiring staff at school then again at their office in Newark by 4 other people. The first interview was basic getting to know me and the company. The second one consisted of basic technical programming question from their staff.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between how Java handles memory compared to C++   Answer Question