Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.9

Associate Interview

Interview

Very long drawn-out interview process. I had multiple interviews for one position and had received positive feedback after each and then never heard from anyone again. They seemed professional at first but having to ping multiple times for follow up was not professional on their end.

Interview Questions

• They ask a number of behavioral based questions first and then you are asked to present to current employees about the company as if you were already working there, knowing all the in's and outs.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview process took 4 months. The HR Recruiter seemed professional at first but that quickly changed. I interviewed with a total of 8 people over the 4 months. I had very good feedback. The time that elapsed between my last interview (final round) and the decision being communicated was one month and I only got a response after repeatedly asking for an update and then letting them know I received another offer. The HR Recruiter said she contacted me a few days prior and left a message yet I could not find a single phone call from her on my phone bill. I will not consider or recommend this company for employment based on their lethargic processes.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      2. How do you handle a non performing employee?
      3. Tell us about yourself.

There was a list of questions that Prudential gives all managers.
      Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is multi tiered, a total of 3 interviews, one with a recruiter, then with the director and then the director and two managers. Very simply questions, personality based. Post communication is somewhat lacking.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put two colors together what would it be?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me after I applied for the software engineer position in the new Mountain View office. A phone interview was set up with the VP. She seemed nice and it was overall high level discussion of my experience and the position. She told me that this position needs working on the Angular js technology which is a front end technology. She asked me to come for the onsite interview and the recruiter scheduled the interview. When I went for the onsite, the first guy who was supposed to interview me arrived late. He kept looking at my resume and asked me what position I had applied for. He even asked who I spoke to on the phone. He seemed totally unprepared and was not friendly at all. He asked me some java questions and then he said that looks like I am not a backend person and the next people to interview me are all backend people. He started to scare me saying it will be brutal if I do not know backend. I told him that in the phone screen we discussed that it was a front end role but the position said software engineer. He said he will look for someone on the frontend side when he realised I have more frontend experience. I kept waiting inside for sometime. Then they sent a frontend engineer who seemed friendly. But since he was not scheduled to interview me, he seemed very unprepared. He asked me a few questions.
    After that he said he will grab the next person. But he came back saying that no one else is there and that I can go back and the recruiter will reach out to me for the next steps. This was the worst experience ever. I took a day off at work to attend this interview and they did not have anything properly planned for the interview. I was also told that the hiring manager was out of town and they all looked very confused. Also, I never heard back from the recruiter. Such a waste of time. Very unprofessional.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone call with the division head. It started straight away with him describing the role and then asking me about school, classes, projects, etc. The interviewer was very engaging and we ended up going past the 30 minute mark. He listened intently and when a particular project interested him, he pushed on it.

Interview Questions

• Are there any projects you are currently working on? If so, tell me more about it and what aspects of it you are responsible for, what interests you about it and what was the motivation behind it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

FIRST ROUND , HR CALLED , ASKED MY DETAILS , MADE ME DO GATE TEST . NO FOLLoW UP AFTER THAT .Never heard back from them and never received any updates after that

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Scheduled a interview before even sending me the assessment; after the assessment was done then canceled the interview. Before even scheduling a interview should've said after completing the assessment if we believe you are a fit for the position we will then follow up to schedule a interview and not vice versa.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

No phone interview. Emailed an interview request. Met with 4 different people, took about 2 hours. The following sent sent another interview request for a 2nd interview. I sent my availability and did not hear back from the scheduler for over a week (very unprofessional) followed up with the recruiter who said the scheduler was trying to work everything out. When I finally heard back from the scheduler she gave me a list of 4 dates to choose from. I sent her back and the date and time and she replied that that was not going to work and they wanted me to come in the next day! (This is after she gave me a list of dates to pick from, once again very unprofessional after I already took off work for the other day)! With no other option I went to the second interview and the first interviewer was extremely nice, however the second interviewer was rude and standoffish and I could tell she felt like she has better things to do that interview me. After the interview was over she did not even bother to walk me out the door and I had no idea where to go. I sent numerous follow up emails with no response, finally my recruiter called me to tell me they went with someone who already worked there because they were more qualified and did not have to be trained. Honestly, why waste anyone's time if that is what they had planned from the start! Overall extremely negative experience, I expected so much more from a company like Prudential. As an HR professional I am highly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What are some process improvements you've worked on in your current role?   Answer Question

Senior Management Reporting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. After speaking on the phone interview, the next day I was invited for an in person interview for the following week. Was told I did not get the job after over a month of waiting. HR did not answer emails, was totally unresponsive. Terrible and rude HR, would never apply here again.

Annuity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral - phishing expedition. According to postings, extremely high rate of hire - tremendous office space - actual on site appears to have very little people in the building/parking lot on a weekday.

Interview Questions

• Describe an arbtrary item which has nothing to do with the job.   1 Answer