Prudential Manager, Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Manager, Financial Services Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (White Plains, NY).

Interview

What a waste of time. 4 interviews a background check then spent hours putting together an awesome marketing plan. All to be declined the offer. In the end I believe it was because there is too much risk with the comp plan. You get paid a decent salary the first year but then it gets reduced to a tiny base pay. A heck no situation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Denver, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

It is a behavioral interview process. They ask you how you acted in several different situations. The process is the same across the country. If the Managing Director likes you then you may meet the Compliance Manager and eventually the Territory VP and the Territory HR Consultant. They will try to put you into a training position that pays almost nothing with a promise to promote you to the real position in 6 months to 1 yr. The training position pays you on personal production.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had an ethical dilemma and tell me how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview spent more time informing me on Prudential what the position entailed than getting to know me. I was interviewing for a FSM position. I screened the recruiter prior to interview to make sure that I would NOT be interviewing for an agent producer position but for a manager position - recruiter confirmed. Met with managing director and through the process of the interview things went well - then towards the end my fears were confirmed. A classic bait and switch. The office was not hiring managers but agent producers to over time develop into managers. I had expressed upfront that I did not have interest in interviewing/hired for an agent producer role. The managing director got upset when I called him on it; lost all credibility and integrity. So, we abruptly ended the interview. I then followed up with the recruiter, to update conversation and the recruiter went into defensive role immediately. I called the recruiter on the bait and switch tactic; she made every attempt in the book how it wasn't her fault. Be careful - this company does not hire anyone externally except for agent producer roles. You know the kind, sell your friends and family then die on the vine. A very sleazy interview experience, similar to one I experienced many years ago, but was told things have changed in our office.

Interview Questions

• Do you have friends and family looking for work too?   1 Answer

I walked out. There was no offer but the opportunity of an insurance sales position which I was not interviewing for in the first place.

Manager Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted by agency recruiter then asked to complete an online application. After this, you will experience a lengthy background and then another in depth phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you are well versused and experienced in the position you are applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reallly you cannot negotiate the salary