Prudential Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.6

256 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Interview

Very long drawn-out interview process. I had multiple interviews for one position and had received positive feedback after each and then never heard from anyone again. They seemed professional at first but having to ping multiple times for follow up was not professional on their end.

Interview Questions

• They ask a number of behavioral based questions first and then you are asked to present to current employees about the company as if you were already working there, knowing all the in's and outs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (Portland, ME) in June 2017.

Interview

One in person interview with manager. Took about 30 mins. It was pretty basic questions about background and past work experiences. The interviewer was very nice. He seems to be a person who cares about his employees and the customers of Prudential.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to use your skills to solve a problem ?   Answer Question

Financial Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Phone interview, with a follow up in person. Was informal, on a Friday. Shadowed an employee post-interview. Was not asked if wanted tour of rest of office. Interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you are not good at in the office environment?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview process took 4 months. The HR Recruiter seemed professional at first but that quickly changed. I interviewed with a total of 8 people over the 4 months. I had very good feedback. The time that elapsed between my last interview (final round) and the decision being communicated was one month and I only got a response after repeatedly asking for an update and then letting them know I received another offer. The HR Recruiter said she contacted me a few days prior and left a message yet I could not find a single phone call from her on my phone bill. I will not consider or recommend this company for employment based on their lethargic processes.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      2. How do you handle a non performing employee?
      3. Tell us about yourself.

There was a list of questions that Prudential gives all managers.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is multi tiered, a total of 3 interviews, one with a recruiter, then with the director and then the director and two managers. Very simply questions, personality based. Post communication is somewhat lacking.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put two colors together what would it be?   1 Answer

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who made the job sound so lucrative. I took a personality assessment and then had my first interview. He didn't ask many questions and told me about the position. The job is 100% commission but when I asked him he tried to talk his way around it by highlighting the percentages I would make from sales as well as bonuses.

Interview Questions

Because they don't offer any base pay. The benefits are really good but if you have slow sales you're literally making zero dollars. You can do everything right and just not have people who want to buy insurance. Sales positions have a very high turnover rate and they don't care about losing you because they will most likely retain the clients you bring in during the beginning.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy and Quick. Two interviews in one . Once you are completed with the first person they will ask if you have time for another one . Hiring managers are really nice and easy to converse with

Interview Questions

• What is a characteristic about you that is underrated?   1 Answer

Senior Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick turnaround, since I had a competing offer. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Asks about previous work experience, why Prudential, how you work in a team environment vs working individually. Week later asked to come in person. 30 min interviews with hiring manager, team director and 2 other actuaries that collaborated regularly with the team. Overall was a great process, ask straightforward questions. Be ready with 3-4 stories that show teamwork, leadership capability, presenting actuarial concepts to non-actuarials and success/failures. They won't give you accommodation if you are close to tristate area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deliver quick and also be detail oriented.   Answer Question
    • Give example of leadership experience.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you were able to present a difficult subject matter to an audience that was going to hear about it for the first time. (Give examples from past experiences)   Answer Question
    • How do you manage time when under pressure?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and they quickly set up a interview. They sent me a online personality assessment to complete. I went in for the interview and the recruiter just told me about the position.Not too many questions were asked at all.
     It is a sales position. Since you have to get your licenses to sell the insurance, it is a long process which you are reimbursed for after you pass the exams. In the pre-contract phase you are paid about $10 an hour.
    It seemed anybody could get the position if they put the hours in to train. You seem are your own boss really for this job. The opportunity to make money is there, it just depends how much work you want to be put in. The position was not for me, so I am not moving forward with the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Irving, TX).

Interview

If you know sales you will get the job. This is a commission based job and the turnover is rapid. You will need to be able to pass life insurance, series 6 and series 66 licensing exams.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are pretty standard. If you YouTube interview question on how to respond and what to ask then you should get the job.   Answer Question