Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very informative. They highlight the benefits more than the culture. There's a very good reason for this. Go in prepared to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What type of environment do you like to work in?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

A team member from HR emailed me that they liked my resume and wanted to schedule a 15 minute interview with the Chief Marketing Officer. Yes, the top person in event management, and a top person of the company. That basically told me that the CMO didn't trust the HR dept, or anyone from middle-management to speak to me first. They wanted to cut to the chase, in 15 minutes. What can you learn from a candidate in only 15 minutes? Exactly... It was to see what I looked like and how old I was. They knew I had the qualifications to bring me in, but a CMO just wanted to see me for a few minutes first? But wait, it gets worse... My interview was at 11:00am. The CMO came out to greet me at 11:47am. Yes, sitting there waiting was MY fault. Why I didn't leave was a mystery to me. But the position was great, and the company seemed terrific. That is, until I met the CMO. They apologized for leaving me waiting all that time, and then blamed their HR department for not scheduling correctly. Really? I knew I had a meeting at 11:00am, a CMO hiring people off the street didn't know they had a meeting, and at what time? Maybe that's another clue.
    During the interview I praised Prudential for their culture and said that I learned a lot about their mission from their great web site. The CMO snapped at me that the main web site is for the financial side, not from the event side. Oh. I guess they work in silos and not from the same company then? Just an OVERALL bizarre experience to say the least. Finally, 4 weeks later, I received a form email from Prudential saying they went in another direction. Really? You mean looking at me face to face for five minutes didn't seal the deal? I'm shocked.

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

Done 3 rounds of interview. Quite slow approval process. It takes time to negotiate the package with HR. Fortunately I believe they know what candidate they are looking for and I am exactly the right candidate for them. Head hunter called me recently to inform the decision of offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Technical skills
      2. Functional skills
      3. People engagement skills   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Very long drawn-out interview process. I had multiple interviews for one position and had received positive feedback after each and then never heard from anyone again. They seemed professional at first but having to ping multiple times for follow up was not professional on their end.

Interview Questions

• They ask a number of behavioral based questions first and then you are asked to present to current employees about the company as if you were already working there, knowing all the in's and outs.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

If you can show <$26,000 earnings related to the finance & insurance business AND can score >5 on their aptitude test, they will put you on their New Advisor "backing" program -- which entails no office fees ($500/mo.), nor copy paper fees and a 59% payout on commissions. [If you scored <5 and/or have made over $26k in the business over the past two years, you have to pay office fees ($500/mo) plus other expenses, and are on a commission grid starting at 40%!]

If they make an offer to join, then they take even more time to schedule credit check, drug screen, and start to set you up on their system -- which takes another three weeks! Meanwhile, you are not receiving any income and they don't understand that the bills aren't going away...

Prudential offers $2000 for startup money, but if you use all $2000 and haven't written five pieces of Insurance (Life Insurance and/or Annuity) business, they have to fire you -- so, basically you don't take the money to get your business started (although that is exactly when you need it) and work to bring in the five pieces of business. The money rolls over into your account if/when you bring in the five Insurance pieces and you go from probationary employee to employee.

Also, you are prohibited for doing any securities business (even if licensed), until the five pieces of Insurance business are brought in, and you go full-time.

Additionally, you will be required to pay for Insurance licensing in required states (which will be reimbursed after/if you have brought in the five pieces).

Finally, you will be overwhelmed and required to complete dozens of PLNs (Prudential Learning Network online classes) -- 23 initially and then another couple dozen (with more coming continually), while being told that you cannot exhaust the $2000, that you are on the clock to bring in the five pieces of business or you will be fired, and that you have to build a business.

The leads provided are said to be "warm", but upon calling, you are told by the Prudential clients, that you are the tenth Prudential representative to call them in the past six months! Typically the account sizes are very small -- under $20k, and the people you call are uninsurable.

Your business cards will be withheld until you have completed all of their online classes (even if licensed) -- some of the classes are over 300 pages long, and you will be given over fifty classes to complete!

On the bright side, the other Prudential employees are very warm and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Arduous, difficult and overly time consuming (especially for a predominantly commissioned role).

Takes two months to get an offer -- multiple interviews, background checks, aptitude testing, requests for information that no other employer would ask for. It's ridiculous.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations with Prudential -- take it or leave it.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy multi level process. It may seem tedious but when you get through you see the value in having been prepared from the very beginning. The amount of work done assures you hit the ground running. Only the people that really want to be there make it through the interview process. They are selective but choose the best. Hence the low turnover.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a list of 200 people that you know that may qualify to be clients.   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Prudential in October 2011.

Interview

After having a short 30 minute interview over the phone, I was invited for a second interview in person. The day started with a extensive written exam, then there was 8 separate 30 minute interviews with different directors. It was an exhausting process, but the group as a whole was impressive.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Roseland, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

had 4 interviews in 2 months. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Interview with person on skype. I didn't know if the camera was on at one point. I was nervous enough without adding cameras to it   Answer Question

Senior Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick turnaround, since I had a competing offer. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Asks about previous work experience, why Prudential, how you work in a team environment vs working individually. Week later asked to come in person. 30 min interviews with hiring manager, team director and 2 other actuaries that collaborated regularly with the team. Overall was a great process, ask straightforward questions. Be ready with 3-4 stories that show teamwork, leadership capability, presenting actuarial concepts to non-actuarials and success/failures. They won't give you accommodation if you are close to tristate area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deliver quick and also be detail oriented.   Answer Question
    • Give example of leadership experience.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you were able to present a difficult subject matter to an audience that was going to hear about it for the first time. (Give examples from past experiences)   Answer Question
    • How do you manage time when under pressure?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview process took 4 months. The HR Recruiter seemed professional at first but that quickly changed. I interviewed with a total of 8 people over the 4 months. I had very good feedback. The time that elapsed between my last interview (final round) and the decision being communicated was one month and I only got a response after repeatedly asking for an update and then letting them know I received another offer. The HR Recruiter said she contacted me a few days prior and left a message yet I could not find a single phone call from her on my phone bill. I will not consider or recommend this company for employment based on their lethargic processes.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      2. How do you handle a non performing employee?
      3. Tell us about yourself.

There was a list of questions that Prudential gives all managers.   Answer Question