Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

I received a call from a Marketing Associate at Prudential regarding a Financial Professional Associate position from the Paramus NJ office. My initial conversation was pleasant and I asked several questions particularly about compensation. I was told there was a base of $22k given for the first year with commissions and bonuses on top of that. I was given an online assessment test which I completed. The next day I was contacted by the agency recruiter who scheduled a face to face interview. The interview went very well and once again I asked several questions regarding the compensation plan. I was told there was a supplemental income base of $22k given the first year as well as commissions and bonus income. I felt there was a basis to move forward and was told to come back fo second interview with one of the sales managers. Here's where it turns ugly. When I arrived at the interview I met with the manager and proceeded to have discussions about the position. When compensation was discussed, I was told something completely different from the previous two prudential employees. I was told there is a supplemental base income of $12k the first year with bonuses and commissions on top of that. My initial response was why was I told the base was $22k the first year and not $12k? I was told that both the Marketing Associate and Agency Recruiter did not explain the compensation properly. At this point I felt this was nothing more than a bait and switch. I was very confused as to why I was told the same exact compensation figure from two different employees of the bank responsible for hiring, and yet I was given an entirely different compensation figure almost half as much by the sales manager. I told the manager that this was a bait and switch scam designed to mislead and deceive job candidates and that this was a very deceptive practice. I can't enter into a working relationship for a company who uses such misleading and deceptive practices in order to lure unsuspecting job candidates into their office. The job market is tough enough out there and no one should have their time wasted and be deceived. Interview at this company at your own risk.

Financial Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Asked for my motivations at work- Monetary gains? Job satsfaction? It will be best to answer honestly and hear from the human resource about the expectations of the job.

It is a rigourous job

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Phone interview
    Personality test
    In-person met with multiple people
    Last round

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

First round screening call with 2 analysts/associates. Typically more senior level people (i.e.-principals) will be on mute listening into the call as well.

Second round has multiple rounds of 1-on-1 interviews with associates and principals.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Interview through University of Delaware Career Services, basic fit questions

Not an Ops guy

Financial Services Associate Interview

Interview

Not an interview. The interviewer just tells you about the job and how they want you to come work for them. They tell you that you can make 140k in your first year.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Managing Broker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Have a business plan in mind and written down to give to your interviewer-you will be an independent contractor and you will be responsible for creating this anyway, so have it ready at the interview and you will be one step ahead of the game

Interview Questions

• How will you get your first commission   1 Answer

Negotiation

This really is not applicable because I have been with the company for almost 20 years now

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

the recruiter took a very long time to call me back. it was more like a conversation, not very professional

Interview Questions

Interview

The first round interview on campus. Easy-going and conversational interview. Got a call back from HR for the second round. The second round was in the office. Got to sit down with different levels of people from the department. More technical questions this round but still very easy-going. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met recruiter at a job fair. Left resume with him and contacted a couple days later. Interview process consisted of an initial interview, follow-up and then offer meeting. The initial interview was more educational and experience background. Following the initial you have to take a personality test, which you can't fail because they hire anyone with a GED. During the follow-up interview they ask you questions relating to your ability to sell and gather more information about personality. After that, if you're willing to shell out $10K (licensing, commute, daily living expenses) and not get paid for 6 months, they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• What are you more interested in, managed money and investments or insurance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Unpaid for 26 weeks of training.