Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

No phone interview. Emailed an interview request. Met with 4 different people, took about 2 hours. The following sent sent another interview request for a 2nd interview. I sent my availability and did not hear back from the scheduler for over a week (very unprofessional) followed up with the recruiter who said the scheduler was trying to work everything out. When I finally heard back from the scheduler she gave me a list of 4 dates to choose from. I sent her back and the date and time and she replied that that was not going to work and they wanted me to come in the next day! (This is after she gave me a list of dates to pick from, once again very unprofessional after I already took off work for the other day)! With no other option I went to the second interview and the first interviewer was extremely nice, however the second interviewer was rude and standoffish and I could tell she felt like she has better things to do that interview me. After the interview was over she did not even bother to walk me out the door and I had no idea where to go. I sent numerous follow up emails with no response, finally my recruiter called me to tell me they went with someone who already worked there because they were more qualified and did not have to be trained. Honestly, why waste anyone's time if that is what they had planned from the start! Overall extremely negative experience, I expected so much more from a company like Prudential. As an HR professional I am highly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What are some process improvements you've worked on in your current role?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

FIRST ROUND , HR CALLED , ASKED MY DETAILS , MADE ME DO GATE TEST . NO FOLLoW UP AFTER THAT .Never heard back from them and never received any updates after that

Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The first round is a phone screening, second round they send you a dataset and questions, and ask you to analysis and answer questions. The 3rd round is an onsite interview. The interview took one day and there is 4 rounds. A lot of questions about basics of statstics and programing. People are nice, but the questions are hard. They are looking for people have strong maths or statistics background and also good programming skills.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

3 interviews: Recruiter (Phone); In person (2 supervisors); In person (Manager) The interview process was not too hard, but long. They asked mostly behavioral based questions, which was good. Gives you a chance to talk about specific situations while you performed on a job. It was a little intimidating though to have to interview with 2 people and then immediately have to do another interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a one year contract to hire position. A couple of days later I received the email that I would expect a phone interview. I had a IT director and manager interviewing me on the phone at the same time. All the general interview question regarding my current role and responsibilities. I hang up the phone thinking I would be called for an in person interview. Three days later the job agent contacted me saying they have decided to choose two other candidates for in person interview. They did wrote a very long emails for feedback regarding what I did well and not. One thing they have mentioned is that I spoke too fast, and then my current company's strategy is very different from theirs (waterfall v.s. agile). Though I did not get the in person interview, it was helpful feedback and helped me to move forward in my career.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

3 interview before getting job, basic interview questions asking about sales experience and previous achievements. They are looking for personable people who can sell products. Not much financial industry questions or questions about the market, they are more focused on what kind of person you are and if you are the right fit.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Scheduled a interview before even sending me the assessment; after the assessment was done then canceled the interview. Before even scheduling a interview should've said after completing the assessment if we believe you are a fit for the position we will then follow up to schedule a interview and not vice versa.

Risk Management Summer Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online at college career website. The first round interview was conducted on campus. The interviewer was not seem well prepared. After 20 mins of questions, he just said"i do not know what to askkkk you..." The I have to ask him and tried to continue the conversation for the rest of the time. about 45 mins

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did as research assistant   1 Answer

Senior Management Reporting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. After speaking on the phone interview, the next day I was invited for an in person interview for the following week. Was told I did not get the job after over a month of waiting. HR did not answer emails, was totally unresponsive. Terrible and rude HR, would never apply here again.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Got contacted 2 days after my application. The interviews were set up quickly. I met 6 managers/directors and everyone was so helpful and informative. Also the hr kept me updated regarding the status constantly. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Describe your past experiences related to the job. What are your long-term goal, and why are you interested in the company and etc   Answer Question