Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Madison, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I began the interview process with the recruiter in May. She was very nice and things seemed to move quickly. I continued to interview with the team, meeting 1-2 people each time I came to the office. I was asked to come back to complete a couple of tests and meet with HR, which I did and received positive feedback. In total I met with about 8-9 people and took two tests over 3-4 months, each time receiving positive feedback and assurance that we were nearing the end of the process. After the second to last interview, or what I was told was the "final" interview, the recruiter called to discuss compensation and mentioned that this was a "good sign" and they are just waiting on someone that was on vacation to approve the offer and that she would be returning in a week.
    After that person returned, I was called back to meet with another HR employee and was told that THIS would actually be the last interview and we should have the process all wrapped up very soon. The man I met with was friendly but a bit arrogant and informal with his feet up on the desk. Regardless, it seemed to have gone fine - nothing new was discussed. If anything, he seemed to want to talk me out of the position but again assured me that this was the end of the process which further led me to believe I would have an offer soon.
    After not hearing back for two days I logged online to find that the position had been reposted and the search was open again. I called the recruiter and she let me know that they might be back in touch but they wanted to meet with more candidates. I checked online again and it said "no longer in consideration for this position."
    I was surprised since I had been receiving positive feedback throughout the process and was led to believe that I was receiving an offer. I made this opportunity the priority in my search for 3-4 months, rescheduling other interviews to accommodate schedules. I emailed the head of the group to see if she was willing to provide any further information as to what drove their decision to reopen the search. My email was a friendly and considerate thanking THEM for their time and consideration and I felt it was appropriate since I spent such a long time talking to/meeting with the team. I received no response.
    I have since found a great opportunity at another company and it all worked out but would never entertain interviewing at this company again because of the lack of consideration for candidates time. After dragging someone through the process for 3-4 months and discussing offers they should at the very least provide some feedback or a response to a friendly email.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions about my background and experience. Each person pretty much noted that they didn't have time to go through my resume that much and asked me to walk them through it in detail.   1 Answer

Global Business & Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

First had a phone screening which lasted about 20-30 min and was asked behavioral questions and was also asked to talk about myself and my interests. Was then invited for an in-person interview on site which was also mostly behavioral . Received offer two weeks later

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Dresher, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed to a staffing company, Asphire, that set the interview up for me. I interviewed with Asphire first, then went to Prudential to interview. The interview was about 30 minutes (questions, conversation, and overview of the company, its values, and the position). Ask a lot of detailed good questions and take notes. The guy who interviewed me loved that! And be super involved and friendly before and during the interview.
    I sent a thank you email, then got a call back an hour later that I was hired.
    The next morning, Asphire sent me all of the on-boarding paperwork. I had to wait 4 weeks to start with all the other agents, so we could start our training.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled difficult or irate customers in the past?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Why did you do it?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Interview

Semi secure building , not very busy for after lunch. Pleasant and inviting staff . Just an overview of prudential and an introduction to the hiring process. A good mix of formal and casual for the initial encounter

Interview Questions

• 1st interview ; overview of assessment and if I am a good fit with the selection process   1 Answer
    • We do a complete criminal background check, a credit check, a drug test. As well as a follow up of 4 more interviews before we offer a position and talk about compensation , is that ok?   1 Answer

Senior Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process and scheduling was very formal. Prudential uses an outdated email system to respond to candidates and schedule interviews so communications with talent acquisition end up all in your email junk inbox.

My personal experience related to the internal marketing agency which is led by an egotistical former consultant. Despite a clear lack of experience in finance I was advanced to the final stage of interviews and then basically berated on the last interview with the head of the internal marketing agency.

From conversations with internal stakeholders and looking at the office there is also a clear favoritism to recruit women. While I applaud diversity you have to question whether it's impacting your recruiting and hiring decisions that lead to discrimination. The office for their marketing agency is quite new but I would be hesitant to work in such an outdated office building and scary location in Newark,NJ.

Interview Questions

• The person in this role needs to know about the industry and know the consumer.   1 Answer

Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Scranton, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contact and appointment for interview set up was a bit spotty having to reschedule twice due to schedule constraints. Not a big issue for me but may be a cause of concerns to others. After a small briefing on the job and introduction the interview questioning began. Mostly, situational or past experience questions to test leadership competencies.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you may or may not have achieved a goal/deadline at work where you may not have felt it was your best effort.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about an in-person interview about a month later. I interviewed with 3 separate people, they asked a lot of Behavioral questions and it ran about an hour and a half long. The investment operations associate title is very broad, and can be used to describe any number of positions within Prudential. They told me I was interviewing for 2 separate job openings when I showed up to the interview. 1 was for a Credit Data Analyst position and 1 was as a Trade Support Associate.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Very thorough. Multiple interviews over 2 sessions. Met with 8 people over 2 days. 1/2 hour interviews didn't allow for enough time. Atmosphere was great. Recruiter was extremely responsive and followed up. Provided a wealth of preparation materials. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Background/experience, management style, what did I know about the company.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Madison, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

One round- met with 5 people (2 managers, 1 director, 1 VP, 1 MD). The first day I visited with everyone from the team I'd be working on. After the call back I met with the VP and MD and were asked very high level, personality based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your job functions? Walk me through your resume. What type of funds have you worked on? Then the remaining was honestly me asking questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I was not impressed with the process. I had no verbal contact with a hiring manager. It was all done on email. There was no phone interview. When I arrived I was told the person I was supposed to interview with had to leave and I interviewed with 2 people, a man and woman. I found​ it highly unprofessional. They were dressed like they were attending an afternoon picnic. I was dressed business professional and I felt over dressed. I am glad I did not receive a job offer. I don't think the environment and culture would have worked for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked your standard questions. Nothing was anything that was hard to answer. Of course, I got the tell me about a time you went above and beyond to solve a customer issue.   Answer Question