Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.7

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Behavioral and Technical. Written Assessment at the end. The interviews were mainly basic technical questions, but required you to think a little. The written assessment was pretty hard. Required mental math skills and ratio and financial analysis.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was very smooth and enjoyable. The interviewer asked great questions, and helped facilitate a very good conversation. Overall, the process was fast and not redundant. Not many technical questions, more behavioral and skills based.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for the corporate banking group in Dallas. It was a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Interviewers were very friendly. They took a long time to get back to me with a decision.

Prudential Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Paramus, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 4 face to face interviews. The process also involves filling out an online assessment. They are friendly and offer valuable insights during the interview process. They provided sufficient details throughout the interview process to formulate a comprehensive view of the organization and nature of job.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume through university career services. Got on-campus interview. Was fairly easy with no crazy questions. Mostly just explaining the position and process going forward. Supposed to be an interview event based and invitation is based on the first interview. Currently awaiting for an e-mail from them

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

First, on campus interviews for two positions: technology analyst and project manager for technology in October. Those went well, but then I didn't hear back for 2-3 weeks and then I was invited to the office. But their response to emails and questions is very slow and tedious. The responses came with days in between and the interview day was within 5 days and getting a time confirmation was very difficult with the slow responses. Overall, I'm disappointed in and frustrated at the slow HR. It was the first company I interviewed with in this recruiting season and the one I initially loved the most, but this process is very tiring and it does not feel like the company wants me back.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviews at Prudential take a long time. People are very nice, but you have to meet with at least six people during the process. It is draining and time-consuming, and many of the interviewers don't know much about the position. You also have to take a 100-question assessment online, which consists of really redundant questions.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your personal life help you in your work?
      Name a time that something didn't go well at work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in October 2017.

Interview

Personally I found it very disorganized. The first interview was very straightforward, it was a phone interview with a man and a woman who asked various behavioral questions, things on my resume and also some Java questions. However after that I didn't hear back from them for about 3 weeks when I emailed them to see what next steps would be because I thought I did pretty well on that first interview. I got an email back saying they were working on it and then about a week later this woman from HR kept on calling me to talk about internships at Prudential which I thought was a miscommunication thing because I had already had a first interview but when I called her back she tried to schedule me for a Super Day in Newark in 3 days which I was not ok with because I would have to travel and miss school and it was really sprung on me. I told her to please email me because she DID have my email but she kept on calling me about 5 times about interviews until we decided to have a day where I would have 3 Skype Interviews. The first interview was technical and asked about finding duplicates in an array. The second and third were behavioral. Overall I thought I did really well on them but I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Find the Duplicates in an array. What is a class? What is the difference between Arrays and LinkedLists? Describe the difference between a Map and a Hash Map.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for and was invited to a general on-campus interview with two employees. Very simple, just talking about my background, etc.

Two weeks later, I was invited to a superday with three 30-minute interviews. They were mostly generic HR questions, with each pair of employees making sure not to ask questions from earlier groups. As a technology intern, I was also asked to do a very simple coding exercise on a piece of paper. Overall it was rather straightforward and direct, though I didn't exactly feel confident walking out of the building.

A few days after that I was invited to a second onsite for a different department/location. This consisted of just two 30-minute interviews, which were much more relaxed and conversational than the first office. It felt less like a Q&A session and more like a casual conversation with employees.

But in the end, the second onsite didn't even matter - the very next day, my recruiter called me and said that the first location wanted to extend an offer. I never heard back about the second office.

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in October. I heard back from HR recruiter a week after my application to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly basic, just discussed background and experience. After phone interview you take a couple of assessments. After completion of the assessments I got my results back the same day to setup an in-person interview for the following week.