Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

LCBE 1L SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. The application requested a cover letter, resume, transcript, and references. I did not need a letter of recommendation. A few days after I sent my application, I received an email from Prudential and was asked to finish a different online application. A few days after finishing the additional application I got a call from Prudential and they asked me if I was interested in the internship. I told them I was. A few days later I got a call from Prudential and they offered me an intern position.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in the internship?   1 Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Scranton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in January and I got a call from the recruiter in March to set up a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview consisted of 2 situational questions (tell me about a time...) and an explanation of salary, what the position consists of and benefits. Once I stated that I was still interested, I progressed to the next step which was an assessment. It had a call center simulator and a lot of behavior questions, nothing too hard. I got an email the next day asking to set up an in person interview. I scheduled mine for the following week. The interview was with one manager, and it was about 6-8 situational questions and a 'tell me about yourself'. After that I was able to listen in on a live call in the call center to see what it would be like. The position is just educating clients on their 401k, pension, savings, etc and helping them with any changes they would like to make. I got a call the next day offering me the position. Which comes next is a very extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you calmed down an angry customer, tell me the steps you took and what was the result?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

FIRST ROUND , HR CALLED , ASKED MY DETAILS , MADE ME DO GATE TEST . NO FOLLoW UP AFTER THAT .Never heard back from them and never received any updates after that

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

No phone interview. Emailed an interview request. Met with 4 different people, took about 2 hours. The following sent sent another interview request for a 2nd interview. I sent my availability and did not hear back from the scheduler for over a week (very unprofessional) followed up with the recruiter who said the scheduler was trying to work everything out. When I finally heard back from the scheduler she gave me a list of 4 dates to choose from. I sent her back and the date and time and she replied that that was not going to work and they wanted me to come in the next day! (This is after she gave me a list of dates to pick from, once again very unprofessional after I already took off work for the other day)! With no other option I went to the second interview and the first interviewer was extremely nice, however the second interviewer was rude and standoffish and I could tell she felt like she has better things to do that interview me. After the interview was over she did not even bother to walk me out the door and I had no idea where to go. I sent numerous follow up emails with no response, finally my recruiter called me to tell me they went with someone who already worked there because they were more qualified and did not have to be trained. Honestly, why waste anyone's time if that is what they had planned from the start! Overall extremely negative experience, I expected so much more from a company like Prudential. As an HR professional I am highly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What are some process improvements you've worked on in your current role?   Answer Question

Senior Management Reporting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. After speaking on the phone interview, the next day I was invited for an in person interview for the following week. Was told I did not get the job after over a month of waiting. HR did not answer emails, was totally unresponsive. Terrible and rude HR, would never apply here again.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Scheduled a interview before even sending me the assessment; after the assessment was done then canceled the interview. Before even scheduling a interview should've said after completing the assessment if we believe you are a fit for the position we will then follow up to schedule a interview and not vice versa.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

In person Interview with the Irvine Director after an initial phone screening. After detailed but leisurely interview I was shown their office and met some of the team members. I was told it was very difficult starting out but has good payoff later on. Lots of lead generation.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested and what I expected. What my background was.   Answer Question

Annuity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral - phishing expedition. According to postings, extremely high rate of hire - tremendous office space - actual on site appears to have very little people in the building/parking lot on a weekday.

Interview Questions

• Describe an arbtrary item which has nothing to do with the job.   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Interview

Group discussion. Several interviews with management. Very comfortable environment and friendly interview process. Helped to be prepared on the company and its history. Spoke to people who had been there for a long time as well as people who have been there for less. Everyone spoke about the culture and cooperations.

FinanceProgram Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

All behavioral questions for phone interview and even at Super Day. First round call was 30 minutes, then Super Day in Newark, NJ. Mostly asking you to talk about your past experiences, nothing complex.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you taught someone something.   1 Answer