Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy. They mainly focus on getting to you know you and your background. I interviewed with four different people, so be prepared to have various and different questions for each of them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose prudential?   1 Answer

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY).

Interview

After sumbitting my application online, I took an assesement which qualified me for an initial meet and greet. After the meet and greet, I was invitied for a formal interview. The last interview consisted of meeting with the managing director of the office that I applied to.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. I have never been through such a professional and organized interview process in my entire life. I got there maybe 15 minutes before schedule and was signed in and told to wait in a small area towards the side of the lobby. About 5 minutes after I sat down, another person interviewing for the position came and sat down next to me. I was actually pretty shocked because this person was someone I knew and we were extremely similar (same experience, same college, same sorority experience, etc.). We went upstairs to a location where we would meet each time we were done with one interview and were awaiting the start of another. We could leave our bags and coats, grab a water, a mint, and gather ourselves before the start of an interview which was super nice. Each interview ran more like a conversation and they had a couple pre-set questions that they were obviously forced to ask. We were even able to meet a prior intern who actually has a full-time position within the company now. At the conclusion of the interview process we were given lunch before being sent on our way. One aspect of the interview process that was just slightly awkward for me was that I knew the person I was sitting down with and I knew another person who also interviewed that same day. I was quickly able to tell that we were all extremely similar people with similar experiences and personalities so it was really a toss-up with who got the position in the end. It might have been better if each person had their own time slot to avoid this! I was told, over the phone, about two days after the super-day that I did not get the position. I was super upset given the interview process went very well and this company is phenomenal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences on your resume. How good are you with excel? Tell me about a time that you had to analyze data. How comfortable are you with presenting information to high level individuals?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Got contacted 2 days after my application. The interviews were set up quickly. I met 6 managers/directors and everyone was so helpful and informative. Also the hr kept me updated regarding the status constantly. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Describe your past experiences related to the job. What are your long-term goal, and why are you interested in the company and etc   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The first round is a phone screening, second round they send you a dataset and questions, and ask you to analysis and answer questions. The 3rd round is an onsite interview. The interview took one day and there is 4 rounds. A lot of questions about basics of statstics and programing. People are nice, but the questions are hard. They are looking for people have strong maths or statistics background and also good programming skills.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then a few days later I was contacted that I was going to have an on site interview. Everybody was very professional and friendly. There were tough questions but it was clear that they were not out to get me. They were more focused on passion and team-work skills then on simply possessing the right technical background.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The first stage of the process was a phone interview with a professional within the FLDP program. After that, I was invited to a superday that included 2 30 min interviews and coffee chats. After a couple of weeks, I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly fit questions and discussing different points on resume.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Eight people for four hour interview process. Senior management interview is one to one. Same level interview was in group of people for an hour. Usually lower level people ask more tedious questions. The wipe of question I was asked were based on the current projects people were working at the time. Problems they encountered but were not able to solve.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First round was a 20 minute on campus. Second round super day was long with 7-10 interviews throughout the entire day. The analysts were very good about keeping candidates comfortable and engaged during non-interview times and dinner. Most interviews were with line managers and one interview was with the MD. All interviews were about 20 minutes long. Good experience!

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if a company was a good debt investment?   1 Answer

Summer Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I went through round 1 of interviews. I applied online through my school's career website. I was invited a few days after the resume drop deadline to schedule an interview. I met with a recruiter for a 30 minute screening interview, which ended up lasting 45 minutes.The interviewer was really laid back. He primarily asked me to walk him through my resume and tell him why I was interested in Real Estate. I have been invited back for a second round of interviews at their Super Day in Atlanta. I had to complete a case study in advance that was emailed to me from one of their recruiters. It was not very hard if you have a general understanding how to do a pro forma income statement and calculate IRR on excel.