Prudential Investment Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Investment Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone call with the division head. It started straight away with him describing the role and then asking me about school, classes, projects, etc. The interviewer was very engaging and we ended up going past the 30 minute mark. He listened intently and when a particular project interested him, he pushed on it.

Interview Questions

• Are there any projects you are currently working on? If so, tell me more about it and what aspects of it you are responsible for, what interests you about it and what was the motivation behind it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First round was a 20 minute on campus. Second round super day was long with 7-10 interviews throughout the entire day. The analysts were very good about keeping candidates comfortable and engaged during non-interview times and dinner. Most interviews were with line managers and one interview was with the MD. All interviews were about 20 minutes long. Good experience!

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if a company was a good debt investment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Interview in Hartford, very straightfordward questions, but others had different experiences. Asked about resume, and basic finance questions. No modeling related questions. What is ebitda? How to evaluate company ect. The company seems like a good place to work, Headquarters in hartford is very big but surrounding area is questionable

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus behavioral interview followed by superday in the office. On campus was extremely relaxed and personality based, superday focused on technical questions and included written assessment with 4-5 seperate interviews throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe the relation between the financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and received a first round interview on campus. Thirty minute interview, low emphasis on behavioral (walk me through your resume), high emphasis on technical. Asked about free cash flow analysis and what factors go into deciding whether or not to lend. Then there was a short case study question on how to decide whether or not to lend. Interviewer was pretty disengaged from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important financial statement and why?   1 Answer
    • What is the most important line from the cash flow statement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Prudential Real Estate Investment Analyst position a few weeks back. They were fairly laid back, two guys. The more senior one asked most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a large sum of money to invest in one type of real estate right now, what property type would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

First Round on Campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions. If you are interviewing for Prudential capital group, make sure that you understand that's a group within Prudential investment management that does private debt placement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Asked to apply from my universities recruiting page. First interview was on campus and very technical, but it varies depending on the person. About a week later I received note that I was selected for a second interview with Prudential's capital group. They flew me to Chicago for a night and took very good care of me. The second interview consisted of 5 interviews at their office. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What are the financial statements   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, Interviewed once at school, they asked strictly behavioral question. Final round interview more industry and market based. Make sure you know about fixed income and bonds

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

Interview

applied through my university and received an on campus interview. Interviewed with a senior member, pretty informal, mostly fit questions, wanted to find out how much of an understanding i had with the industry.

Interview Questions

• i was faced with a hypothetical investment opportunity as well as a question of where I thought the market would be in the next year   Answer Question