Prudential Investment Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Investment Operations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Not entirely formal, but not entirely informal either. They're not looking for someone who knows how to do the work per say, but someone who is personable and teachable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Two step process: after applying, there was an initial phone interview and then the recruiter assigned to you would get back in touch with you if they were pleased with that. Next an in person interview with three managers consecutively followed.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. Take me through your resume type stuff as well as a couple behavioral questions about past experiences, one asked "what drives you". Very pleasant interviewer that was in a senior position but was easy to talk with. The position itself seems to be very valuable to the company and a great place to start and grow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and somehow got interview despite having campus recruitment for same position at college. Set up 30 minute timeslots with 4 different people: 1 being direct manager to the position, 2 from partner groups, and 1 being the overarching VP that the first 3 answer to. Was very relaxed, mostly behavioral questions and elaborations on previous experience. Received rejection call 2 weeks later, but was referred to another job opening within Prudential with the option to interview.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Spoke with multiple department managers. Mostly general behavioral questions and some technical questions. Looking for self-starters and high business acumen. No major surprises. Each interview with each manager lasted about 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The difference between an income statement and balance sheet?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I applied on line. Received a phone call from HR person within a week. Had interview with 4 people, each interview took 1/2 hour. Most of the questions were based on how you handle different situations. What are your weaknesses and strengths, give examples. Be readyto explain in details and give real life examples

Interview Questions

• Behavioral standard questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was accepted

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Recruiter (internal) was very friendly and enthusiastic. Hiring process consisted of a phone interview followed by an in-person round. Over the course of a few hours, met with all department managers from team leads to VP as well as the on-site HR rep (different from the recruiter). Some I spoke with one-on-one, others, as part of a group.

A big sticking point, though, was how long it took to receive a response. Although I was ultimately offered the position, I waited so long (almost two months) after my final interview to hear this that I had already begun interviewing elsewhere (assuming that I wasn't chosen) and had collected two other offers.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, but they have you describe how much you know about the role during the interview. The tough part about this is that Prudential has probably 20 or so completely unique jobs that each carry the title of "Investment Operations Associate." These positions may be in different subsidiaries, carry different education/experience requirements, and have little or no overlap with each other.

The recruiters themselves may not understand the nuances between them, and the job descriptions don't accurately capture the nature of the role (since the people writing them are not the hiring managers). Having them describe first to you what the role entails exactly, then having you convince them of your fit for it, may be a better option given this issue.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Roseland, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Process was very quick about finding out about the second round of interviews, as I was told i was going to the second round during my first interview, which was me meeting with 3 different VPs/ Managers. Getting the final decision took much longer, around 2 months. Questions were easy, and did not require external research. Knowing basic business knowledge is the best way to prepare and will help you answer most questions asked.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

Interview

I had a connection to someone that works there so he got me the interview. I was contacted via email to set up the appointment and went on it 2 weeks later. interviewed with 4 people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty standard. there was the usual situational question of name a time you failed or a time you had to deal with someone difficult in a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was brief and the interview process was also brief. The interview questions were normal and they only asked a few questions. You get interviewed by three people and all of them are there at the same time. The interview was painless.

Interview Questions

• Past job questions and skills questions   1 Answer