Prudential Marketing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Marketing Specialist Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

Several rounds of interviews makes it a rather competitive in the selection process. Few rounds of interviews includes different types of questions: HR background screening, hiring manager, function manager, cross-function managers, cross-function directors. Very thorough interview to confirm whether the candidate fits the position.

Interview Questions

• Few rounds of interviews includes different types of questions: HR background screening, Hiring manager, Function manager, Cross-function managers & director
    Questions from previous experiences, job-related tasks, cross function coordination skills, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

The process was very fast for me and, admittedly, may not be the norm. In fact, I interviewed with several companies during my job search and all were slow processes.

I applied online and was immediately contacted by an internal recruiter with whom I had already established a relationship with. A week later, I had an in-person and on-site phone interview. Each lasted about 30 minutes. Within a few days, another in-person was scheduled to be held two weeks later.

In preparation for the 2nd interview, I was asked to do two sample projects that mimicked the type of work that would be required for the position. Both were labor-intensive, but easy for me to do as I am experienced in the work. I did spend an inordinate amount of time on detail and proofing and I approached each as if they were real projects of the utmost priority.

Also, between the fist and second interviews, I was required to complete 3 online exercises. One was a literacy test, which I found easy. I needed to read very short passages and then answer questions about each. Most were trick questions, but simple to answer as the copy is still on the screen when each question appears. Another was a personality test, which took a bit of time, but was easy. And the third was a math test. It was extremely difficult and I didn't finish it in the allotted time. I'm sure I got every question I did answer wrong and fretted that I'd be disqualified form the position because of it. The math test is not straight-out equations; instead, it's a series of charts and graphs with problems that require multi-step calculations and formulas.

The second interview included a panel of six people and it lasted about one hour. In both the first and second interviews, the questions were traditional (e.g., Why are you looking for a new position, What interests you about this position, etc.) Every individual I spoke with was very welcoming and professional. In addition to the questions, I was asked to review the two sample projects that I prepared.

The day after the second interview, I was delighted to receive a generous offer. I accepted and received a contingent job offer letter the next day.

A few days later, I submitted to a drug test. Within 5 days, the background check was completed and I received the final offer letter.

Every person I came into contact with, including the hiring manager, internal recruiter, HR associates, and all interviewers, were highly professional. personable and warm. I was struck by how open everyone was to giving thoughtful answers to questions. Even if I had not received an offer, I would have had a positive feeling about them.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions; most were traditional and relevant interview questions and very straight forward. The most demanding part of the process were the projects I was assigned to complete and present. I would recommend to any applicants that are required to complete a project or projects in the hiring process to be as diligent as possible and ask questions to be sure you deliver not only what was asked for, but beyond their expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Chose not to negotiate; offer was generous and I was pleased with it.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Iselin, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

HR and Managers