Prudential Interview Questions in Newark, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

No phone interview. Emailed an interview request. Met with 4 different people, took about 2 hours. The following sent sent another interview request for a 2nd interview. I sent my availability and did not hear back from the scheduler for over a week (very unprofessional) followed up with the recruiter who said the scheduler was trying to work everything out. When I finally heard back from the scheduler she gave me a list of 4 dates to choose from. I sent her back and the date and time and she replied that that was not going to work and they wanted me to come in the next day! (This is after she gave me a list of dates to pick from, once again very unprofessional after I already took off work for the other day)! With no other option I went to the second interview and the first interviewer was extremely nice, however the second interviewer was rude and standoffish and I could tell she felt like she has better things to do that interview me. After the interview was over she did not even bother to walk me out the door and I had no idea where to go. I sent numerous follow up emails with no response, finally my recruiter called me to tell me they went with someone who already worked there because they were more qualified and did not have to be trained. Honestly, why waste anyone's time if that is what they had planned from the start! Overall extremely negative experience, I expected so much more from a company like Prudential. As an HR professional I am highly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What are some process improvements you've worked on in your current role?   Answer Question

Senior Management Reporting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. After speaking on the phone interview, the next day I was invited for an in person interview for the following week. Was told I did not get the job after over a month of waiting. HR did not answer emails, was totally unresponsive. Terrible and rude HR, would never apply here again.

CIO Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

You interview with five people from different desks. Questions were mostly behavioral but some questions were technical when talking about Brexit's impact on the financial markets and different quantitative methods when valuing a stock. Interview is not bad but beware of competition.

2017 Human Resources Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through the my school's career website, received a phone interview a month later, then advanced to the final round a week or two later. Final round was at the HQ with three one-on-one interviews following a debrief session with a previous intern, one of the interviewers, an applicant, and my campus recruiter. Everyone was super happy to meet the applicants andet my expectations.

Advice, truly examine your reason for applying to Prudential and exhibit that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to teach one of your friends something new, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. I have never been through such a professional and organized interview process in my entire life. I got there maybe 15 minutes before schedule and was signed in and told to wait in a small area towards the side of the lobby. About 5 minutes after I sat down, another person interviewing for the position came and sat down next to me. I was actually pretty shocked because this person was someone I knew and we were extremely similar (same experience, same college, same sorority experience, etc.). We went upstairs to a location where we would meet each time we were done with one interview and were awaiting the start of another. We could leave our bags and coats, grab a water, a mint, and gather ourselves before the start of an interview which was super nice. Each interview ran more like a conversation and they had a couple pre-set questions that they were obviously forced to ask. We were even able to meet a prior intern who actually has a full-time position within the company now. At the conclusion of the interview process we were given lunch before being sent on our way. One aspect of the interview process that was just slightly awkward for me was that I knew the person I was sitting down with and I knew another person who also interviewed that same day. I was quickly able to tell that we were all extremely similar people with similar experiences and personalities so it was really a toss-up with who got the position in the end. It might have been better if each person had their own time slot to avoid this! I was told, over the phone, about two days after the super-day that I did not get the position. I was super upset given the interview process went very well and this company is phenomenal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences on your resume. How good are you with excel? Tell me about a time that you had to analyze data. How comfortable are you with presenting information to high level individuals?   Answer Question

Global Business and Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, one on one. Mainly interested in behavioral skills, goals, and why I wanted to work for Prudential. Interested in those who enjoy working with others. Want to make sure you are working in a field that you are passionate about and will succeed in.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Interview

I spent the morning in several one on one interviews with employees in the technology department. It was all behavioral questions such as a time you worked in a group, a challenge you experienced, how do you go about solving problems. It was all pretty standard stuff. Very laid-back experience. Now I'm just writing words trying to get to the word count. Am I there yet?

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

2 step process. First meeting me for an on campus interview and discussing common interview questions such as your leadership skills. Second round involved coming in and discussing about your technical experience with other employees in the technical departments.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation where you had to deal with difficult team members and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Not entirely formal, but not entirely informal either. They're not looking for someone who knows how to do the work per say, but someone who is personable and teachable.

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview the following week. Was interviewed by two people, generally easy questions and conversation about my education and experience. Two weeks later was asked to come in for another interview with the VP, very similar questions and conversation. Thought it went well, a month passed and I didn't hear anything so I emailed HR and was told they were still in the interviewing process. Another two weeks pass and HR calls to tell me I'm still in the running, but they are still interviewing. Two weeks later they call to tell me that the entire position has been cancelled.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that are applicable to this job?   Answer Question