Prudential Interview Questions in Newark, NJ | Glassdoor

2.9

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview took place in Newark Customer Office. 2 Hour "Super Day". Had 3-30 minute interviews, and 1-30 minute tour. Really more behavioral interviews than anything. Know your resume, the interviewers (who are volunteers) base all their questions off of it.

Interview Questions

• What data structures do you know? Why would you use one over the other? Ex. Why would you use a linked list vs an arraylist?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume through university career services. Got on-campus interview. Was fairly easy with no crazy questions. Mostly just explaining the position and process going forward. Supposed to be an interview event based and invitation is based on the first interview. Currently awaiting for an e-mail from them

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviews at Prudential take a long time. People are very nice, but you have to meet with at least six people during the process. It is draining and time-consuming, and many of the interviewers don't know much about the position. You also have to take a 100-question assessment online, which consists of really redundant questions.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your personal life help you in your work?
      Name a time that something didn't go well at work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about an in-person interview about a month later. I interviewed with 3 separate people, they asked a lot of Behavioral questions and it ran about an hour and a half long. The investment operations associate title is very broad, and can be used to describe any number of positions within Prudential. They told me I was interviewing for 2 separate job openings when I showed up to the interview. 1 was for a Credit Data Analyst position and 1 was as a Trade Support Associate.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview with a recruiter, I had a face to face interview with a VP HR and a phone interview with another VP HR. What a disappointment. No feedback, and 2 months later no new information. What a shame! Interviewing with 2 VP HR, and no regard for candidate experience. Almost 3 months later, and no feedback or rejection letter. Clearly an organization that doesn't care

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview reviewing past experience. Not behavioral.   1 Answer

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very quick. One phone interview and two in person interviews. Interview questions are mostly behavioral questions. Recruiter got back to me within a week.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview went well face to face, was given an email to schedule a second round, some scheduling difficulties but managed to schedule a second interview. After the back and fourth did not receive a follow up and it seemed like they were very interested, I had to send an email to the recruiter

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position
      How do you feel about scheduling meetings
       the questions weren't difficult ordinary interview questions   Answer Question

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Very thorough. Multiple interviews over 2 sessions. Met with 8 people over 2 days. 1/2 hour interviews didn't allow for enough time. Atmosphere was great. Recruiter was extremely responsive and followed up. Provided a wealth of preparation materials. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Background/experience, management style, what did I know about the company.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is multi tiered, a total of 3 interviews, one with a recruiter, then with the director and then the director and two managers. Very simply questions, personality based. Post communication is somewhat lacking.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put two colors together what would it be?   1 Answer

Senior Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick turnaround, since I had a competing offer. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Asks about previous work experience, why Prudential, how you work in a team environment vs working individually. Week later asked to come in person. 30 min interviews with hiring manager, team director and 2 other actuaries that collaborated regularly with the team. Overall was a great process, ask straightforward questions. Be ready with 3-4 stories that show teamwork, leadership capability, presenting actuarial concepts to non-actuarials and success/failures. They won't give you accommodation if you are close to tristate area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deliver quick and also be detail oriented.   Answer Question
    • Give example of leadership experience.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you were able to present a difficult subject matter to an audience that was going to hear about it for the first time. (Give examples from past experiences)   Answer Question
    • How do you manage time when under pressure?   Answer Question