Prudential Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Irving, TX).

Interview

If you know sales you will get the job. This is a commission based job and the turnover is rapid. You will need to be able to pass life insurance, series 6 and series 66 licensing exams.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are pretty standard. If you YouTube interview question on how to respond and what to ask then you should get the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Somerset, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through email to see if I was interested in the position. After a brief phone call to explain the job, you will need to complete a 88 question personality test. Get use to this type of test as it seems to be everywhere. After passing it, you will go in for an in person interview as well as take an aptitude test regarding logic and basic math knowledge. Test can take between an hour to two. The actual interview was actually very pleasant and I enjoyed the lecture. It really made me feel like I was back in school. Basically a review of the job, the requirements and if your a good match. Knowing 200 people for your target will be needed or it will be toough.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews, plus a background check. Interview was informative and about their pay structure. I met with a sales manager at first, followed by the marketing director, then training director.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

One is talking with you. Another one is sitting nearby. Firstly, some general questions like why us, tell me about yourself, what's your major, why this major,etc.. Secondly, some background checking like your visa status and some working experience discussion. thirdly, open ended questions. such as how to connect with a client who rejected you once before.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

All of focus is on rushing you to sell insurance versus properly training in the licensing and ability to recruit clientele. More time should be spent on grooming employees on the art of associating with clients.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you can recruit upwards of 500 people your first year to purchase insurance?   Answer Question

All commission upfront very small base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Irving, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

There were three interviews. The hiring process took about three weeks. The dress code is business formal. The atmosphere was very professional and quite intimidating.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and laid back, even though they made it seem difficult. THe first one was a one on one with the basic questions and a math test. After that i was asked back to another interview with 3 people who asked behavioral type questions. The 3rd interview was with the manager of the branch, who are the end offered me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was asked to come in for in interview. The interview is a sales pitch on a 100% commission job. You will get all flowers and roses and that you are the person that they are looking for. You are someone with drive and that you will get all the background and training you will need. They will have you start PT during the training process and will need to have around $1200 for licenses to sell the products. Nice opportunity if you can afford to not have a base pay to rely on.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable not knowing what you are going to make next month?   1 Answer

I couldn't accept a full commission job at this time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (City of Industry, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Had to take a few tests between interviews. Questions could possibly have more than one answer to them. Was a formal setting with a Very Sharp HR manager. Very impressed by the Human Resources department here. The first interview was rather intimidating but the staff and managers were very professional.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in October 2009.

Interview

interview process was very educational and very helpful for me, I did not fully understand before what that job entails, so during the process I have realized that this job is not for me.... But loved the manager and people seemed nice and smart.... Will consider working for Prudential, but maybe in a dif capacity....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your story...   1 Answer
    • why did I leave my previous job?   1 Answer

interview process was very educational for me, I did not fully understand before what the job entails, so during the process I have realized that this job is not for me....