Public Company Accounting Oversight Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Company Accounting Oversight Board Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.

Interview

I applied online and got response two weeks after.
    I interviewed with two members of department that I applied to and got response after two weeks.
    The interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.

Interview

The first round phone interview is from HR. Then there will be a junior analyst call you ask a couple of questions and introduce a bit about the position. In the onsite interview, they will go through the resume and ask some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation that your boss has a different work style?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board in April 2017.

Interview

I got an email about 2 weeks after I applied asking for a writing sample and my transcripts.
    Then I had an interview with people from the department I applied to.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my previous internship and a few projects.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Interview

I got a phone screen from HR first, she went through my resume and ask if I can visit the office but I was not in town. They scheduled another phone interview about 1 month later. I interviewed with 2 of the recruiters, no difficult or behavior questions, everything was very great.

Interview Questions

• Ask about one of my recent internships related to researching   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a round one phone screen interview. The associate recruiter called me by phone. She asked many basic questions, just to went over the resume experiences with me. And she also introduced the basic information of New York office. It took only 15 minutes. She made notes and reported it to the senior recruiter. Questions are all easy and normal, no surprise questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Graduation date
      2. What do you see in PCAOB
      3. Foreign language? Would you like to do some translation works?
      4. GPA?
      5. Are you planing to take the CPA exam?
      6. What would you like to do after graduation?
      Answer Question

Inspection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board in July 2016.

Interview

First interview is phone screen with PCAOB recruiter to discuss prior experience. The interview is simple just say what you have done and if you are a good fit based on experience your resume will be forwarded to a respective office where you applied for further review. Second interview was a phone interview with a Director. Questions were easy, discussing primarily your prior experience. Not difficult at all. Third interview was onsite with various people in the office, two lead inspectors, two associate directors and the same director from second interview. Each interview in the office is scheduled for 30 minutes. It goes fast. There are prescribed behavioral questions that the team must ask but they also want to ask questions about your prior experience, client work you've done. Some were detailed and specific based on something you will say you have done in the past and some are very high level. Overall, nothing unexpected and everyone was nice and understanding.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

First interview with HR screener and second interview with staff from the department I applied to. The questions were mainly behavioral focused on my background. The process is fairly laid-back process and everyone was nice to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

nice and basic questions. just behavioral questions so dont have to worry or be nervous... I waited one week before receiving the offer from HR. And I love the work here

Accounting, Doing Research Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied it on Oct, 28 and received an email on Nov 18th to schedule a phone interview. It was nice and general question. No hard ones. 10+minutes long. The HR at the other side will also take notes and the benefit of a phone interview is you can look at your notes. The HR said she will forward this to HR (maybe a manager) for further review. I am still waiting for the next round. Hopefully I can get this job.

Interview Questions

• Q1: When is your graduation date?
      Q2: When do you able to start?
      Q3: What is your current GPA?
      Q4: How's your spring semester look like? (I think they wanted to know my schedule)
      Q5: Ask about one of my recent internships related to researching
      Q6: Do you consider a law degree? (I am not quite sure why they ask it. Maybe PCAOB prefer people with both degrees.)
      Q7: How's your excel skill?
      Q8: What's your plan after graduation?
      Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Then, they emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Just went through some basic questions. They focus on when your availability for this position.

Interview Questions

• What's your schedule for spring quarter and after graduation?   Answer Question