Public Storage District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.1

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Manager Interview

Interview

I filled out application no response. Then applied again , got phone call to schedule for later in the week . Phone interview lasted 15 min felt rushed and mind was made up before the interview started, they are looking for bench not actual position, when asked so how soon do you plan to fill the position, she stated immediately but the position has been posted for at least 3 months so don't know what they are looking for . I have more than 20 years in customer service and sales!

Interview Questions

• how would your current or former boss rate you 1 being lowest 10 being highest........I stated 8 no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Public Storage

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day after applying on the website. Next, I went in for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours and went all the way back to high school.

Interview Questions

• What were three high points and three low points of high school.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on a career site. I have an MBA with 20 years of real estate leasing and management experience. Literally within 5 minutes I got a rejection letter with no name, number or reply option.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything even though I am more than qualified.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a regional manager, ask several great questions, about my intentions for future growth with PS, did no want to relocate due but would consider later if the right offer came along. Said they would get back with me by Monday 03-27-17, but did not contact me either by phone or email. They were looking for bench DM's, looks as if they really don't have immediate openings for DM's but is advertising as if one is needed soon but is really looking for someone several months down the road.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in February 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and in-depth interview process. Interviewed with a recruiter, and RVP and then the SRVP/SDM.
    RVP phone interview was about an hour long. Detailed situational questions and past experiences
    SRVP/SDM- face to face interview that I was unaware that there would be 2 interviewers present. Both had their laptops up. 1 would read the question, the other would type the answer. Went over the DISC assessment. Interview was scheduled to only be 2 hours, which turned into 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very structured. Left the interview mentally exhausted.

Interview Questions

• What was 3 high points of high school? What were 2 low points of high school? What were 3 high points in college? What were 2 low points of college? Who was your supervisor in each job held? How would they rate you on a scale of 1-10? What was your proudest moments in job? What was the feedback provided in your last review in each job?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Wouldn't know. I have applied for this position a couple of times over the last 5 years. Each time, I am apparently excluded from further consideration by a machine. I always get an email about 4-6 hours after submitting my resume for the position. Doesn't matter if it is day or night. Despite having vast business experience in numerous management positions over twenty years, I still don't have enough to even get a phone interview. Guess I am not the only one though since I have seen the ad for this position run non-stop for nearly 10 years. Literally. Non-stop. Anyway, I suggest you don't waste any time on them,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very intense process. Had a phone interview that lasted a little over an hour. Then called same evening for a in person interview in Glendale, Ca. that lasted 3.5 hours.

To only be told 2 days later "we're not passing on you, stay in touch and get a retail job and touch back in 12-18months" We need you to have more skills with developing team members when I clearly expressed my strength was in empowering/coaching people. AND THEY REACHED OUT TO ME?!? I never applied to this job! Craziness...

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. Started with a phone interview that went well and the the senior district manager seemed to like me and coached me for the next interview. Which was with 2 senior DM's that lasted 3 hours and they go all the way back to high school and want to know what your weakness and strengths from every job were. The next process was a fly out interview with the executive Vice President. Thought it went well but I got turned down after this interview. They told me that they would reimburse me for my expenses while out there as well and it's been 4 weeks and still haven't seen a check for my expenses!!!!

Interview Questions

• List all your employees and rate A-C and what did you do to coach up your C players or how did you get rid of them?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

Incredibly unorganized. I applied, received an email stating they would not proceed with me as a candidate. Then, I received a phone call a few days later from a regional manager excited that I applied and wanted an interview. He did not know I received the email and when I told him I was excited about the opportunity, but confused by the email...he hung up on me? I'm glad I did not follow through with this company because they are obviously amateur and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Lengthy process. Focus on strengths and weaknesses with all your past positions. Repetitive. Walking through highlight and lowlight all the way back to high school days is too much. Most folks don't even remember back that far. Way too much focus on weaknesses instead of job skills.

Interview Questions

• Name two challenges, weaknesses you had in a previous role and explain.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate anything. They set salary, location, etc.