Public Storage District Manager Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage District Manager Public Storage Interview Questions

Interviews at Public Storage

2.9

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interview

Received first call from RVP phone interview, was asked to come in for a face to face the following week. Interview was 3 hours long structured about what you would have done differently from high school! Was really a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you could change anything from high school?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Public Storage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Tampa, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter called me the next day. Asked me about 6 questions, 5 of which was why I was no longer working at my last job, only one question was about the job itself.

Interview Questions

• Asked me one question: What do you consider yourself to be really good at?"   1 Answer

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interview

Interviewed by Dan, seems like great guy, questions were in-depth and based on experience. I only made it to the phone interview but I know the in-person interview is three or more hours in length. I decided to pursue other options before the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Two interviews in Southern California and one interview in Georgia. The interview in Georgia was a fly out and fly back in the same day. It was a relatively straight-forward interview process. They were good about communicating the next steps and for staying in touch. The administrative assistant was on top of things, including communicating the travel arrangements.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any particular question that threw me off. I may have hestitated in a response when I was told that I will be given more work than I can complete.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same. It does not matter what the cost-of-living is in your particular metropolitan area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Orlando, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted fairly quickly. I spoke with the current DM of the area I applied to and a few preliminary questions were asked. Basic background info was covered. At the end of this conversation a second phone interview was set up. This second interview was much more in depth and lasted about half an hour. During this time I learned that the company was hiring people to train into the DM program, but not start as DM's.

Interview Questions

• What rank were you in you area vs peer DM's? What would it take for you to be #1?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

I had send my resume on friday, immediately after I received a phone call to set up a conference call with the Sr.DM and VP. We had a 15min conversation, I thought all went well but WITH IN 2 hours I received an email that they didn't think I was the right person for the job. I did not see that coming to be honest. A few questions they asked me:
    What do you know of the company, what would your formal supervisor tell about you, how would this person rate you on a scale from 1-10. You have to tell what your strength is and also weakness. Prepare a few questions yourself for at the end of the conversation. You need to tell them about your management skills.
    I hope I will have better luck next time. Good luck to all that apply. It looks like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Simply a STAR method. Had a phone interview that was a joke followed by a video interview (my first and probably did poor). One of my greatest strengths is communication so in person interviews have never been an issue. It's not big brother, it's a people business. I've managed multiple stores for Fortune 500's with over 200 people so I'm left with an assumption that I just don't have the look they want or my current position as a VP may have them worried of me jumping ship which I've never done to companies who deserve my skill sets. The money is simply a lateral move (75K plus annual bonuses) and not an issue but hey at least the HR ladies are good looking blondes.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses? Tell me of management style.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Public Storage (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was so long. First one was 4 hours. Second one was 3 hours. Third one was a day and a half where I was flown out to california to meet with more higher up management where I was asked about my personal life and math questions on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in high school? Did you participate in extra activities? Math questions   1 Answer

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Public Storage in June 2016.

Interview

Received an offer e-mail, then an application link was sent to me, both same day. Next morning got a phone call to set up phone interview. Let's see how it goes!

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

It is a long process you go through 4 different interviews with multiple different levels the first in person interview is about 4 hours and very through. I would recommend coming prepared and confident and be open to change

Interview Questions

• General leadership Questions they are looking for mold able people   1 Answer