Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.9

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Hours after submitting an application I was contacted via email to set up a "phone screening." The screening felt almost like an interrogation which lasted over a hour and a half with some questions that seemed irrelevant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Started with a phone interview and quickly moved into an in person interview panel. Asked deep questions about High school and a job I held 13+ yrs ago! I am 45.......never asked about many current role and company, which I have been with for over 10 yrs. Weird questions, for example, exact names of direct reports, spelling them out, ranking people, etc. Continually focused on the negative. And how many people you have terminated in your job.

Interview Questions

• Rank your team A, B and C. (a team you worked with over 10 yrs ago. Not a current one )   Answer Question

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interview

1+ hour phone interview. Quickly moved on to the 2nd interview, face to face with 2 interviewers, one asking questions and the other recording everything you say. Going all the way back to high school. Be prepared to rank all direct reports, and discuss all strengths and opportunities. This interview took 3.5 hours. I am a very successful, top performing recruiter and sales trainer; ranked #1 in the company that I currently work for and public storage seems to only want to converse about the negative and the opportunities. Passed that interview and moved on to a side by side with a current DM, on the job site. Reviewed all metrics and reporting & what the position looks like day in and day out from an accountability piece. Then I interview with a regional Vice President, for about an hour. He referenced all of my answers from the 2nd interview, but only digging in to opportunities and not much about my successes. We also discussed the DISC leadership assessment test that you take earlier on. I'm a strong D and an independent thinker and that's not what they are looking for. Received a call back with a voicemail and then received a rejection email. Overall, it's a strenuous interview process that lead to failure. They set you up, to shut you down. Focusing on the negative and opportunities from earlier on in your career. Not focused on how you have grown from you opportunities to where you are now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewer scheduled the phone interview for a Saturday morning. When she called I could hear what sounded as if she was doing dishes and cleaning her kitchen. The background noise was very distracting. When asked what part of the city the position would be located, was told there was no position open, they were hiring one position for bench strength. Less than 48 hours later I received a form email stating I had not been selected to move further in the process.

District Manager Interview

Interview

I filled out application no response. Then applied again , got phone call to schedule for later in the week . Phone interview lasted 15 min felt rushed and mind was made up before the interview started, they are looking for bench not actual position, when asked so how soon do you plan to fill the position, she stated immediately but the position has been posted for at least 3 months so don't know what they are looking for . I have more than 20 years in customer service and sales!

Interview Questions

• how would your current or former boss rate you 1 being lowest 10 being highest........I stated 8 no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement!   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day after applying on the website. Next, I went in for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours and went all the way back to high school.

Interview Questions

• What were three high points and three low points of high school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Union City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is a lengthy one. There is a phone interview and several in-person interviews. The pace of questioning is rather fast, with even faster follow up questions, so be on your toes with response time. The strangest part is that they will ask a lot of questions about the spelling of previous co-worker's and supervisor's names...first and last names of people from 10yrs ago?!?
    They will also repeat questions asked by someone else in the interview process, not sure if they are just confirming the facts or if they don't communicate between interviewers...

District Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on a career site. I have an MBA with 20 years of real estate leasing and management experience. Literally within 5 minutes I got a rejection letter with no name, number or reply option.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything even though I am more than qualified.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a regional manager, ask several great questions, about my intentions for future growth with PS, did no want to relocate due but would consider later if the right offer came along. Said they would get back with me by Monday 03-27-17, but did not contact me either by phone or email. They were looking for bench DM's, looks as if they really don't have immediate openings for DM's but is advertising as if one is needed soon but is really looking for someone several months down the road.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in February 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and in-depth interview process. Interviewed with a recruiter, and RVP and then the SRVP/SDM.
    RVP phone interview was about an hour long. Detailed situational questions and past experiences
    SRVP/SDM- face to face interview that I was unaware that there would be 2 interviewers present. Both had their laptops up. 1 would read the question, the other would type the answer. Went over the DISC assessment. Interview was scheduled to only be 2 hours, which turned into 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very structured. Left the interview mentally exhausted.

Interview Questions

• What was 3 high points of high school? What were 2 low points of high school? What were 3 high points in college? What were 2 low points of college? Who was your supervisor in each job held? How would they rate you on a scale of 1-10? What was your proudest moments in job? What was the feedback provided in your last review in each job?   Answer Question