Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.9

District Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on a career site. I have an MBA with 20 years of real estate leasing and management experience. Literally within 5 minutes I got a rejection letter with no name, number or reply option.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything even though I am more than qualified.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a regional manager, ask several great questions, about my intentions for future growth with PS, did no want to relocate due but would consider later if the right offer came along. Said they would get back with me by Monday 03-27-17, but did not contact me either by phone or email. They were looking for bench DM's, looks as if they really don't have immediate openings for DM's but is advertising as if one is needed soon but is really looking for someone several months down the road.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in February 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and in-depth interview process. Interviewed with a recruiter, and RVP and then the SRVP/SDM.
    RVP phone interview was about an hour long. Detailed situational questions and past experiences
    SRVP/SDM- face to face interview that I was unaware that there would be 2 interviewers present. Both had their laptops up. 1 would read the question, the other would type the answer. Went over the DISC assessment. Interview was scheduled to only be 2 hours, which turned into 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very structured. Left the interview mentally exhausted.

Interview Questions

• What was 3 high points of high school? What were 2 low points of high school? What were 3 high points in college? What were 2 low points of college? Who was your supervisor in each job held? How would they rate you on a scale of 1-10? What was your proudest moments in job? What was the feedback provided in your last review in each job?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Wouldn't know. I have applied for this position a couple of times over the last 5 years. Each time, I am apparently excluded from further consideration by a machine. I always get an email about 4-6 hours after submitting my resume for the position. Doesn't matter if it is day or night. Despite having vast business experience in numerous management positions over twenty years, I still don't have enough to even get a phone interview. Guess I am not the only one though since I have seen the ad for this position run non-stop for nearly 10 years. Literally. Non-stop. Anyway, I suggest you don't waste any time on them,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very intense process. Had a phone interview that lasted a little over an hour. Then called same evening for a in person interview in Glendale, Ca. that lasted 3.5 hours.

To only be told 2 days later "we're not passing on you, stay in touch and get a retail job and touch back in 12-18months" We need you to have more skills with developing team members when I clearly expressed my strength was in empowering/coaching people. AND THEY REACHED OUT TO ME?!? I never applied to this job! Craziness...

Relief Manager/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

So apparently there are 4 steps to their interview process. Phone Call, Face to face, phone call, background and reference check. I applied online. The first phone call interview consist of going over your resume in depths and asking basic interview questions. The face to face interview was again going over your resume and asking the same basic interview questions again. The 2nd phone call is more of a math test, you will be asked what is the percentage of certain numbers so make sure you know percentages. And the last interview consist of them calling your current or previous managers asking them questions to see how well they speak of you. I made it to the 2nd phone call interview where the percentages shook me and I made mention I wasn't aware it was going to be a math questionnaire. They also look at your tenure with previous jobs and make mention that if you're not at a previous job for 3 years they normally throw your application out. I felt at this interview I wasn't going to make it to the fourth due to my flop on figuring out the percentages and being told to stay at my next job for 3 years no matter what even if the manager spits in my face. Overall very humiliating interview. Right after that they stopped answering my calls (ignored me) and 4 days later I got a thank you email telling me they chose a different candidate. BUT after the 2nd interview it was bestowed upon me that I was pretty much hired so word of advice; don't get your hopes up until you complete the fourth interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatness weakness?
      What is 30, 35, 40, 45% of 80 etc.
      What was your biggest achievement while working?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. Started with a phone interview that went well and the the senior district manager seemed to like me and coached me for the next interview. Which was with 2 senior DM's that lasted 3 hours and they go all the way back to high school and want to know what your weakness and strengths from every job were. The next process was a fly out interview with the executive Vice President. Thought it went well but I got turned down after this interview. They told me that they would reimburse me for my expenses while out there as well and it's been 4 weeks and still haven't seen a check for my expenses!!!!

Interview Questions

• List all your employees and rate A-C and what did you do to coach up your C players or how did you get rid of them?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

Incredibly unorganized. I applied, received an email stating they would not proceed with me as a candidate. Then, I received a phone call a few days later from a regional manager excited that I applied and wanted an interview. He did not know I received the email and when I told him I was excited about the opportunity, but confused by the email...he hung up on me? I'm glad I did not follow through with this company because they are obviously amateur and unprofessional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Public Storage (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a interview at the location on Michigan in Orlando, FL. I got there early wasn't greeted sat there for about 15 mins almost like I was being ignored. I had another interview that I had to be to so I while I waited I asked a manager how long it would take, I was told idk and then about 40 mins asked can I leave and come back because I had another interview to be to, he said yes that he'll be there until 3pm. Went back and they were closed the doors were locked the manager was still in there he kind of brushed me away and said they were closed didn't even come to the door until I tried to open it again because I didn't know what he had said once he came to the door he said they'll be open again in 30mins. I left and said forget it he was rude and unfriendly like I wasn't even there. Don't want to work for a manager like that. He could hire someone else!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Huntington Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First they called me after reviewing my posted resume on Indeed site. I returned call by never heard back. A few weeks later I applied for DM position on their website, got a call from HR same day! Phone interview 2 days later. It went well, very professional. Lasted about 30 minutes. Received rejection email next day

Interview Questions

• What one thing would you do differently in your last job?
      Name two metric accomplishments you are proud of, from last position.
      Answer Question