Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

202 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Manager Interview

Interview

I filled out application no response. Then applied again , got phone call to schedule for later in the week . Phone interview lasted 15 min felt rushed and mind was made up before the interview started, they are looking for bench not actual position, when asked so how soon do you plan to fill the position, she stated immediately but the position has been posted for at least 3 months so don't know what they are looking for . I have more than 20 years in customer service and sales!

Interview Questions

• how would your current or former boss rate you 1 being lowest 10 being highest........I stated 8 no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement!   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day after applying on the website. Next, I went in for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours and went all the way back to high school.

Interview Questions

• What were three high points and three low points of high school.   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Monday night online

Got a phone call Tuesday afternoon (1st interview/screen)

Asked to come in that day but couldn't so did it the following day.

Did the interview with the district manager (took about 40 min) then the same day right after I did an interview on the phone with his boss.

Walked the property and offered me the job.

Whole process was 2 hours

Interview Questions

• what were your greatest accomplishment and weakness at your other jobs.   Answer Question
    • what would your past employers rate you   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on a career site. I have an MBA with 20 years of real estate leasing and management experience. Literally within 5 minutes I got a rejection letter with no name, number or reply option.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything even though I am more than qualified.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a regional manager, ask several great questions, about my intentions for future growth with PS, did no want to relocate due but would consider later if the right offer came along. Said they would get back with me by Monday 03-27-17, but did not contact me either by phone or email. They were looking for bench DM's, looks as if they really don't have immediate openings for DM's but is advertising as if one is needed soon but is really looking for someone several months down the road.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in February 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and in-depth interview process. Interviewed with a recruiter, and RVP and then the SRVP/SDM.
    RVP phone interview was about an hour long. Detailed situational questions and past experiences
    SRVP/SDM- face to face interview that I was unaware that there would be 2 interviewers present. Both had their laptops up. 1 would read the question, the other would type the answer. Went over the DISC assessment. Interview was scheduled to only be 2 hours, which turned into 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very structured. Left the interview mentally exhausted.

Interview Questions

• What was 3 high points of high school? What were 2 low points of high school? What were 3 high points in college? What were 2 low points of college? Who was your supervisor in each job held? How would they rate you on a scale of 1-10? What was your proudest moments in job? What was the feedback provided in your last review in each job?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Wouldn't know. I have applied for this position a couple of times over the last 5 years. Each time, I am apparently excluded from further consideration by a machine. I always get an email about 4-6 hours after submitting my resume for the position. Doesn't matter if it is day or night. Despite having vast business experience in numerous management positions over twenty years, I still don't have enough to even get a phone interview. Guess I am not the only one though since I have seen the ad for this position run non-stop for nearly 10 years. Literally. Non-stop. Anyway, I suggest you don't waste any time on them,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very intense process. Had a phone interview that lasted a little over an hour. Then called same evening for a in person interview in Glendale, Ca. that lasted 3.5 hours.

To only be told 2 days later "we're not passing on you, stay in touch and get a retail job and touch back in 12-18months" We need you to have more skills with developing team members when I clearly expressed my strength was in empowering/coaching people. AND THEY REACHED OUT TO ME?!? I never applied to this job! Craziness...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone with the regional manager. FYI, they REQUIRE a BA for just a DM position even though I found out later they burn through these positions rather quickly explaining why they continue to post for DM positions in the same area. They FORCE their DMs to post open DM positions on Linkedin and elsewhere. Just not worth the effort.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a degree? Do you live within 10 miles of this city?   Answer Question

Relief Manager/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

So apparently there are 4 steps to their interview process. Phone Call, Face to face, phone call, background and reference check. I applied online. The first phone call interview consist of going over your resume in depths and asking basic interview questions. The face to face interview was again going over your resume and asking the same basic interview questions again. The 2nd phone call is more of a math test, you will be asked what is the percentage of certain numbers so make sure you know percentages. And the last interview consist of them calling your current or previous managers asking them questions to see how well they speak of you. I made it to the 2nd phone call interview where the percentages shook me and I made mention I wasn't aware it was going to be a math questionnaire. They also look at your tenure with previous jobs and make mention that if you're not at a previous job for 3 years they normally throw your application out. I felt at this interview I wasn't going to make it to the fourth due to my flop on figuring out the percentages and being told to stay at my next job for 3 years no matter what even if the manager spits in my face. Overall very humiliating interview. Right after that they stopped answering my calls (ignored me) and 4 days later I got a thank you email telling me they chose a different candidate. BUT after the 2nd interview it was bestowed upon me that I was pretty much hired so word of advice; don't get your hopes up until you complete the fourth interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatness weakness?
      What is 30, 35, 40, 45% of 80 etc.
      What was your biggest achievement while working?
      What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question