Public Storage Relief Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Relief Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Monday night online

Got a phone call Tuesday afternoon (1st interview/screen)

Asked to come in that day but couldn't so did it the following day.

Did the interview with the district manager (took about 40 min) then the same day right after I did an interview on the phone with his boss.

Walked the property and offered me the job.

Whole process was 2 hours

Interview Questions

• what were your greatest accomplishment and weakness at your other jobs.   Answer Question
    • what would your past employers rate you   Answer Question

Relief Manager/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

So apparently there are 4 steps to their interview process. Phone Call, Face to face, phone call, background and reference check. I applied online. The first phone call interview consist of going over your resume in depths and asking basic interview questions. The face to face interview was again going over your resume and asking the same basic interview questions again. The 2nd phone call is more of a math test, you will be asked what is the percentage of certain numbers so make sure you know percentages. And the last interview consist of them calling your current or previous managers asking them questions to see how well they speak of you. I made it to the 2nd phone call interview where the percentages shook me and I made mention I wasn't aware it was going to be a math questionnaire. They also look at your tenure with previous jobs and make mention that if you're not at a previous job for 3 years they normally throw your application out. I felt at this interview I wasn't going to make it to the fourth due to my flop on figuring out the percentages and being told to stay at my next job for 3 years no matter what even if the manager spits in my face. Overall very humiliating interview. Right after that they stopped answering my calls (ignored me) and 4 days later I got a thank you email telling me they chose a different candidate. BUT after the 2nd interview it was bestowed upon me that I was pretty much hired so word of advice; don't get your hopes up until you complete the fourth interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatness weakness?
      What is 30, 35, 40, 45% of 80 etc.
      What was your biggest achievement while working?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Pomona, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was easy. It takes about 4 managers to interview you. Just don't get taken advantage of from the trainer. They think they're all that. And bully you. It was not the best experience that I had with this company. I had to report the trainer for being very disrespectful to me.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy process. Called me for a brief phone interview asking about my background. At the end of the phone call, he invited me to be interviewed that day in person. Mainly asked about my past and what my strengths and weaknesses were at past jobs and how my supervisors would rate me overall. Afterwards, he had me answer pretty much the same questions in a shorter phone interview with some higher up. After that, I was offered a job. Quickest and most painless interview process I've ever had, plus the interviewer was very kind and easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What were your biggest strengths and weaknesses at your last two jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I believe I applied online on a Sunday or Monday I got a callback Tuesday morning , had a phone interview with the district manager . It lasted about20 mins, he asked the usual interview questions.
    Then he let me know he'd be moving forward with me so we scheduled an interview for the following day (Wednesday)
    Wednesday I had my interview it lasted for about a hour, we discussed the job, my previous work experience, the usual stuff and then he took me for a walk around the facility .
    After the walk we spoke with the property manager on duty about what her tasks look like from day to day.
    After that he let me know he liked me as a candidate and I'll be moving on to the next step which was a phone interview with his boss.
    About two hours after the interview I hot the call from his boss , he basically went over the same stuff it went well he said I'll be s good fit.
    District manager extended me the offer
    All happened within 24 hours basically .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation , you get laid $10.00 z

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Long Island City, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and simple. I applied online and that same day I got an interview over the phone. After then got an in person interview the following day. After that they called and let me know if I got the job, then from there you do the background check and that can take a day or so to go through. Once that's clear you're able to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• The one thing that they mainly asking is what are your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Castro Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Castro Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. Straight forward interview with the district manager. Took 15 minutes of asking employment questions along with the basic interview questions. I received a call within a couple of hours to set up a start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this plastic wrap.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had to wait a while for the man to be ready for my interview. Normally that would not have been a problem, but he ended up being rude the whole time. He laughed at my resume and basically made me feel like an idiot. I already knew that once you get a job there you have a packet that you have to learn and pass a test at the end of your training. I helped one of their current employees study for their test and they passed. It was a complete waste of time. I was just thankful I for out of their in time to make it to another interview that I had scheduled the same day. I ended up getting y hat job with no problems! Public Storage declined me, but I had already decided that I didn't want the job anymore during the interview! I'm still with my current company that hired me that same day! I've been with them for 5 years now, and I'm glad they declined me! I male more money now than I ever would for Public Storage!

Interview Questions

• I'm not going to mention another company's name, so I'll just call it Retail. He asked my-You said you worked at Retail...Why didn't you put that on your resume?   1 Answer

District Manager Public Storage/Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

So, I sent in my resume for the Dm position, i got a call from the regional manager Carl long story short i was informed i was over qualified. now a week later a another Dm calls my referral who works for the company and asked to have me apply again and they would set me up for an interview. so around 12 my Boyfriend gets a call which was intended for me and when the DM who is new was informed that he had not applied nor was he who she was supposed to be speaking with she insisted on setting a phone interview with him. and she informed him to let me know that she would call me for my interview at 2:30. ok so am i the only person who thinks there is a problem with a Dm doing this. First you called the wrong person, still interviewed him and set him up for an interview in person the next day, and asked him to relay a message to another applicant that he would have his (mine) phone interview set for 2:30... Where are the Ethics and Professionalism in this situation. but wait it gets better. over the last 1.5 year, i have applied and turned down 6 times being told im either too qualified or under qualified. Now to end this whole ordeal they call my boyfriend at around 2:14pm 04/29/2016 and ended with having him come in for his in person interview tomorrow at 9am. she called me at 2:33 pm and at the end of the call told me after i have already done this with them 2 times in the last week, that if i was picked that i would get a phone call scheduling my in person and if not i would receive a email thanking me for my interest at this time..

long story short, when they ask you what 3 things you do bad make sure you have 3 things you do bad. also dont every tell them that you have a boyfriend apparently they like to call people who havent even applied and give them jobs. they may be trying to fill a quota.

Interview Questions

• name 3 things that you think you dont do well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in 3 parts. The first part is done by the district manager. They are pretty good at what they ask and the interview is done at one of the locations when you come to the actual interview. Before the actual interview there is a phone screen first. But the final part of the interview is done by the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• One thing they ask is what do you think makes you Public Storage canidate   Answer Question