Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

District Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on a career site. I have an MBA with 20 years of real estate leasing and management experience. Literally within 5 minutes I got a rejection letter with no name, number or reply option.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything even though I am more than qualified.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in February 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and in-depth interview process. Interviewed with a recruiter, and RVP and then the SRVP/SDM.
    RVP phone interview was about an hour long. Detailed situational questions and past experiences
    SRVP/SDM- face to face interview that I was unaware that there would be 2 interviewers present. Both had their laptops up. 1 would read the question, the other would type the answer. Went over the DISC assessment. Interview was scheduled to only be 2 hours, which turned into 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very structured. Left the interview mentally exhausted.

Interview Questions

• What was 3 high points of high school? What were 2 low points of high school? What were 3 high points in college? What were 2 low points of college? Who was your supervisor in each job held? How would they rate you on a scale of 1-10? What was your proudest moments in job? What was the feedback provided in your last review in each job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very detailed interview. You will have a phone screen (30 minutes) in person (1-3 hours) ride along (4 hours) divisional interview (1-2 hours) then either flown to 1 or 2 evps. Be ready to answer to specific things you've done. Can't say "I increased sales" you have to know exactly what you did to increase sales and why it worked. They will focus on your weaknesses as much if not more than your strengths. They are trying to self if you are aware of things you need to fix and self diagnose those. Be ready to answer that one, it is what keeps most people from getting an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things you are not good at.   1 Answer

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had to wait a while for the man to be ready for my interview. Normally that would not have been a problem, but he ended up being rude the whole time. He laughed at my resume and basically made me feel like an idiot. I already knew that once you get a job there you have a packet that you have to learn and pass a test at the end of your training. I helped one of their current employees study for their test and they passed. It was a complete waste of time. I was just thankful I for out of their in time to make it to another interview that I had scheduled the same day. I ended up getting y hat job with no problems! Public Storage declined me, but I had already decided that I didn't want the job anymore during the interview! I'm still with my current company that hired me that same day! I've been with them for 5 years now, and I'm glad they declined me! I male more money now than I ever would for Public Storage!

Interview Questions

• I'm not going to mention another company's name, so I'll just call it Retail. He asked my-You said you worked at Retail...Why didn't you put that on your resume?   1 Answer

Call Center Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in July 2015.

Interview

The formal interview was a pretty bad experience. The interviewer kept cutting me off as well as a bad attitude. After the interview it makes me not want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• How much I got paid at my previous jobs? Why I wanted to work for them? How was my performance at my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The process is very easy, the actual interviews can be difficult, but super friendly staff. Very positive culture. Thorough questions, the process took at least an hour with each individual and all of the basis were covered to include my skills, experiences as well as providing examples of certain situations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later to come in for 1 to 1. Horrible interview. They want you to focus on your flaws and negative things about u. If you don't have anythi g negative to say dont count on a second interview bc u have to go through 3 or 4

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. Started with a phone interview that went well and the the senior district manager seemed to like me and coached me for the next interview. Which was with 2 senior DM's that lasted 3 hours and they go all the way back to high school and want to know what your weakness and strengths from every job were. The next process was a fly out interview with the executive Vice President. Thought it went well but I got turned down after this interview. They told me that they would reimburse me for my expenses while out there as well and it's been 4 weeks and still haven't seen a check for my expenses!!!!

Interview Questions

• List all your employees and rate A-C and what did you do to coach up your C players or how did you get rid of them?   Answer Question

Relief Manager/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

So apparently there are 4 steps to their interview process. Phone Call, Face to face, phone call, background and reference check. I applied online. The first phone call interview consist of going over your resume in depths and asking basic interview questions. The face to face interview was again going over your resume and asking the same basic interview questions again. The 2nd phone call is more of a math test, you will be asked what is the percentage of certain numbers so make sure you know percentages. And the last interview consist of them calling your current or previous managers asking them questions to see how well they speak of you. I made it to the 2nd phone call interview where the percentages shook me and I made mention I wasn't aware it was going to be a math questionnaire. They also look at your tenure with previous jobs and make mention that if you're not at a previous job for 3 years they normally throw your application out. I felt at this interview I wasn't going to make it to the fourth due to my flop on figuring out the percentages and being told to stay at my next job for 3 years no matter what even if the manager spits in my face. Overall very humiliating interview. Right after that they stopped answering my calls (ignored me) and 4 days later I got a thank you email telling me they chose a different candidate. BUT after the 2nd interview it was bestowed upon me that I was pretty much hired so word of advice; don't get your hopes up until you complete the fourth interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatness weakness?
      What is 30, 35, 40, 45% of 80 etc.
      What was your biggest achievement while working?
      What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Public Storage in April 2013.

Interview

Very in depth interview. I really got the impression they want to know who I really was. They did a great job of explaining the position as well.

Interview Questions

• How did you hit your goals?   1 Answer