Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.7

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interview

Received first call from RVP phone interview, was asked to come in for a face to face the following week. Interview was 3 hours long structured about what you would have done differently from high school! Was really a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you could change anything from high school?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview was about 1 hour and very detailed questions were asked around P+L and management style. In person interview was very long over 2.5 hours and on location. Asked about all direct reports from the last 3 years and breakdowns of strengths and weaknesses. I was given some opportunity to ask probing questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Decided I was more comfortable with were I was currently.

Interview

Interview with District Manager

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

The interview was quite tedious in hindsight. I had to go through 3 interviews to get an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work for a company that does not propmote internally?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

They asked pretty normal questions about my past job experience, reason for leaving last job, questions on my salary needs, pretty generic interview, questions on what I would bring to the table

Better Job

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview. Asking me about past jobs and career goals. Nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared to answer questions about when you were in high school. I thought that was weird

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Regional manager set a time for a phone interview and did not call at that time. Waited 10 mons after set time and no call. So how good can this work environment be? Do needless to say I get a rejection email later in the day. Disappointing.

District Manager Public Storage/Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

So, I sent in my resume for the Dm position, i got a call from the regional manager Carl long story short i was informed i was over qualified. now a week later a another Dm calls my referral who works for the company and asked to have me apply again and they would set me up for an interview. so around 12 my Boyfriend gets a call which was intended for me and when the DM who is new was informed that he had not applied nor was he who she was supposed to be speaking with she insisted on setting a phone interview with him. and she informed him to let me know that she would call me for my interview at 2:30. ok so am i the only person who thinks there is a problem with a Dm doing this. First you called the wrong person, still interviewed him and set him up for an interview in person the next day, and asked him to relay a message to another applicant that he would have his (mine) phone interview set for 2:30... Where are the Ethics and Professionalism in this situation. but wait it gets better. over the last 1.5 year, i have applied and turned down 6 times being told im either too qualified or under qualified. Now to end this whole ordeal they call my boyfriend at around 2:14pm 04/29/2016 and ended with having him come in for his in person interview tomorrow at 9am. she called me at 2:33 pm and at the end of the call told me after i have already done this with them 2 times in the last week, that if i was picked that i would get a phone call scheduling my in person and if not i would receive a email thanking me for my interest at this time..

long story short, when they ask you what 3 things you do bad make sure you have 3 things you do bad. also dont every tell them that you have a boyfriend apparently they like to call people who havent even applied and give them jobs. they may be trying to fill a quota.

Interview Questions

• name 3 things that you think you dont do well.   1 Answer

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter stating they would like to set me up with an interview with their RVP for the District Manager position.
    I have to say...the reviews were dead on correct here on Glassdoor. The interview was the oddest one I've ever experienced. I've been in HR and executive management for years and have recruited for 15 years and never experienced such a negative way to interview. The RVP asked general questions at first then shifted to "tell me a weakness that you have". Then he said "tell me another, and yet another". Then asked "what could you have done better at your last job, and the job before that?". The whole process consisted of focusing as much time and concern on any negative attributes one has, and looking for any weakness. Then I was told that they never promote within as their people aren't the "promotable type" so all their DM's are brought in from the outside. What a horrible company culture that is! Instead of focusing on their candidates weaknesses...they need to address theirs as a company. Obviously their weakness is they do not promote within in because they do not give their employees the training or care that is needed to educate their employees on how to become successful within their own company. After hearing that come from the RVP I knew this is not a company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your weaknesses.
      Tell me how you could have done better at your last jobs.
      What would your supervisors tell you to work on to become better at your job?
      Answer Question

Not a company I would want to work for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Public Storage (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a interview at the location on Michigan in Orlando, FL. I got there early wasn't greeted sat there for about 15 mins almost like I was being ignored. I had another interview that I had to be to so I while I waited I asked a manager how long it would take, I was told idk and then about 40 mins asked can I leave and come back because I had another interview to be to, he said yes that he'll be there until 3pm. Went back and they were closed the doors were locked the manager was still in there he kind of brushed me away and said they were closed didn't even come to the door until I tried to open it again because I didn't know what he had said once he came to the door he said they'll be open again in 30mins. I left and said forget it he was rude and unfriendly like I wasn't even there. Don't want to work for a manager like that. He could hire someone else!