Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Monday night online

Got a phone call Tuesday afternoon (1st interview/screen)

Asked to come in that day but couldn't so did it the following day.

Did the interview with the district manager (took about 40 min) then the same day right after I did an interview on the phone with his boss.

Walked the property and offered me the job.

Whole process was 2 hours

Interview Questions

• what were your greatest accomplishment and weakness at your other jobs.   Answer Question
    • what would your past employers rate you   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I literally was coming from an interview and saw they were having a job fair. Already dressed I thought why not. In the parking lot I pulled up the company's information on wiki, went inside and signed in. I then met with someone who asked me what i knew about the company, relayed the information I had just retrieved and explained I had no customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day after applying on the website. Next, I went in for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours and went all the way back to high school.

Interview Questions

• What were three high points and three low points of high school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone with the regional manager. FYI, they REQUIRE a BA for just a DM position even though I found out later they burn through these positions rather quickly explaining why they continue to post for DM positions in the same area. They FORCE their DMs to post open DM positions on Linkedin and elsewhere. Just not worth the effort.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a degree? Do you live within 10 miles of this city?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later to come in for 1 to 1. Horrible interview. They want you to focus on your flaws and negative things about u. If you don't have anythi g negative to say dont count on a second interview bc u have to go through 3 or 4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a regional manager, ask several great questions, about my intentions for future growth with PS, did no want to relocate due but would consider later if the right offer came along. Said they would get back with me by Monday 03-27-17, but did not contact me either by phone or email. They were looking for bench DM's, looks as if they really don't have immediate openings for DM's but is advertising as if one is needed soon but is really looking for someone several months down the road.

District Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on a career site. I have an MBA with 20 years of real estate leasing and management experience. Literally within 5 minutes I got a rejection letter with no name, number or reply option.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything even though I am more than qualified.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Glendale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Much like any other interview. The basic questions of, 'tell me a little bit about yourself and past experience(s.) Reviewed my resume and asked what my likes and dislikes were of previous jobs. Why I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are successful in Sales?   1 Answer

Resident Property/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (East Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy. A referral helps. Be positive and confident. Express your personality and certain personal characteristics or values you may have. Research the company prior to your interview. It will show your motivation and drive to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this job will be a good fit for you?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage in February 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and in-depth interview process. Interviewed with a recruiter, and RVP and then the SRVP/SDM.
    RVP phone interview was about an hour long. Detailed situational questions and past experiences
    SRVP/SDM- face to face interview that I was unaware that there would be 2 interviewers present. Both had their laptops up. 1 would read the question, the other would type the answer. Went over the DISC assessment. Interview was scheduled to only be 2 hours, which turned into 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very structured. Left the interview mentally exhausted.

Interview Questions

• What was 3 high points of high school? What were 2 low points of high school? What were 3 high points in college? What were 2 low points of college? Who was your supervisor in each job held? How would they rate you on a scale of 1-10? What was your proudest moments in job? What was the feedback provided in your last review in each job?   Answer Question