Public Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.7

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Public Storage in May 2016.

Interview

Regional Manger called for phone interview which consists of basic interview questions.
    Then they will require you take a DISC assessment, which will weigh in heavily on the next steps in process. In person interview was about 3 hours long with the senior DM and the regional manager on the phone, as mentioned above centered around that assessment and super robotic. Be prepared to talk about weaknesses because they will try to shake you by throwing them at you for explanation, so be comfortable with opening up about them. The up side is you will get a copy of the assessment, so read it, and read it again. Every question they ask required 3 examples and they go all the way back to high school. (If you Google the "A" method of interviewing you will be prepared because they follow it to the letter.) This does not seem like a traditional DM role. Think of it more like a GM role and the property managers are your sales team. Doesn't seem to support a good work life balance..I say this because when I asked about typical days off/ work days the senior DM laughed and said, "well you only have to do computer stuff when your off"...? ....Ok..that's a bit vague... he went on to explain that typical work day is from 8am-7pm, then you finish your office stuff. From this and the reviews I read in here I gathered that they dump a huge amount of work on you, then expect it done at all costs. While waiting to start my interview I spoke with the GM at the facility I met the DM at and asked how she liked working there to which she responded, it sucks, pay sucks, only 1-2 people working at each location, can't wait to find something else because no one cares about you.... Wow ! is all I could think. She must be pretty fed up if she is willing to say that to a complete stranger. There was no offer from the company, which isn't a bad thing because I wouldn't have accepted if they had. Overall this company seems dry, and not concerned about their employees which is not a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• what were the 3 best things about high school? What were the worst?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Public Storage in May 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview, then got a call from a district manager and set up a interview for a few days later. My interview was on a Friday with the DM and it took about 2 and a half hours. It's not like a regular interview; they go as far back as your high school days . Got set up for another interview with region manager that following Monday . That interview went by quick like 25 mins then I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishments are you most proud of from your previous job ?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10 what would your previous supervisor would rate you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruited off Linkedin. Researched the company before deciding to pursue further. Was wary based on the reviews but decided to proceed with the process. Initial phone interview with regional VP lasted around 45 minutes and was followed by a request for an in person interview. After the interview I took a DISC assessment which to this company is your leadership style, no matter what you say. You WILL be judged heavily off this. 2nd in person interview lasted around an hour. This company relies heavily on the DISC assessment, probably to their detriment. My advice would be to read the real reviews on here, not the reviews obviously written by their HR employees (all the reviews with no CONS lol). There's a reason they're constantly hiring.

Interview Questions

• Questions are on glassdoor, they go all the way back to High School. Again, this company is looking for a certain leadership style, much to their detriment. Read the real reviews.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Pembroke Pines, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was ok at the bigining where the interviewer would ask a lot of questions which I answered . At the end I think they were not hiring for sure because I basically passed the phone interview why couldn't I get a face to face one? They just emailed and said they can't offer me the position.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had to wait a while for the man to be ready for my interview. Normally that would not have been a problem, but he ended up being rude the whole time. He laughed at my resume and basically made me feel like an idiot. I already knew that once you get a job there you have a packet that you have to learn and pass a test at the end of your training. I helped one of their current employees study for their test and they passed. It was a complete waste of time. I was just thankful I for out of their in time to make it to another interview that I had scheduled the same day. I ended up getting y hat job with no problems! Public Storage declined me, but I had already decided that I didn't want the job anymore during the interview! I'm still with my current company that hired me that same day! I've been with them for 5 years now, and I'm glad they declined me! I male more money now than I ever would for Public Storage!

Interview Questions

• I'm not going to mention another company's name, so I'll just call it Retail. He asked my-You said you worked at Retail...Why didn't you put that on your resume?   1 Answer

District Manager Public Storage/Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

So, I sent in my resume for the Dm position, i got a call from the regional manager Carl long story short i was informed i was over qualified. now a week later a another Dm calls my referral who works for the company and asked to have me apply again and they would set me up for an interview. so around 12 my Boyfriend gets a call which was intended for me and when the DM who is new was informed that he had not applied nor was he who she was supposed to be speaking with she insisted on setting a phone interview with him. and she informed him to let me know that she would call me for my interview at 2:30. ok so am i the only person who thinks there is a problem with a Dm doing this. First you called the wrong person, still interviewed him and set him up for an interview in person the next day, and asked him to relay a message to another applicant that he would have his (mine) phone interview set for 2:30... Where are the Ethics and Professionalism in this situation. but wait it gets better. over the last 1.5 year, i have applied and turned down 6 times being told im either too qualified or under qualified. Now to end this whole ordeal they call my boyfriend at around 2:14pm 04/29/2016 and ended with having him come in for his in person interview tomorrow at 9am. she called me at 2:33 pm and at the end of the call told me after i have already done this with them 2 times in the last week, that if i was picked that i would get a phone call scheduling my in person and if not i would receive a email thanking me for my interest at this time..

long story short, when they ask you what 3 things you do bad make sure you have 3 things you do bad. also dont every tell them that you have a boyfriend apparently they like to call people who havent even applied and give them jobs. they may be trying to fill a quota.

Interview Questions

• name 3 things that you think you dont do well.   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Hayward, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was asked to submit my resume by there HR. I did and was notified I advanced to the next step which was a video interview. This was a pre fab video interview where the company had questions pre recorded. They utilize the Spark Hire App. The most impersonal interview I have ever done.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in 3 parts. The first part is done by the district manager. They are pretty good at what they ask and the interview is done at one of the locations when you come to the actual interview. Before the actual interview there is a phone screen first. But the final part of the interview is done by the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• One thing they ask is what do you think makes you Public Storage canidate   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later to come in for 1 to 1. Horrible interview. They want you to focus on your flaws and negative things about u. If you don't have anythi g negative to say dont count on a second interview bc u have to go through 3 or 4

Manager Interview

Interview

got a message from DM about position, when I tried to call back(2x) no return call for 4 days. when I received the call it felt as if he was just going through the motions and set up a phone call for 2 days later on Sunday afternoon. Phone screen seemed like going through the motions again. Not positive.