Public Storage Property Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Storage Property Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Gary, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job search web site. I received a phone call within a few days. During that brief call we set up an interview for the next day. The district manager called and interviewed me the next day. At the end of the interview she asked me if she could review everything and call me back in a few days. She called be back two days later and we chatted for a minute and set up an in person interview. I met her at one of the locations five days later and completed an in-person interview then. The district manager called me the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Do i feel comfortable working alone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Public Storage

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

They ask about your strengths and weaknesses and what your prior boss would say about you. You have to have a current DL and transportation to work here. Good working hours 9:30 am - 6 pm.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

They ask you about your previous employers (honesty is the best policy). They ask you what you would like from an employer. It is usually a two interview process. They also ask you to tell about different things you've experienced with previous employers that you felt you could have handled better or have learned from.

Interview Questions

• Your strengths and weaknesses and how you can improve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate I loved the benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Company held a open house at it's headquarters and over 30 applicants applied. Interview conducted the same day for select applicants. A few days later I was offered the position and a meeting with scheduled with the local district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at work when you failed to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay rate is set in stone with no possibility of negotiating. Small pay increase of 50 cents after 6 months. You may become a trainer or safety coordinator for an extra $1/hour. Cannot be promoted to management internally.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

1. Apply at publistoragejobs.com
    2. Either approach a current staff member and seek out a referral, or you'll have no other choice but to wait for recruiting to contact you. There is no way for you to follow up on your application on your own.
    3. Once recruiter contacts you will be interviewed a minimum of 3 times.
    4. After successfully completing the interview process, they will make a hiring offer.
    5. Once you accept their offer, the company will conduct a thorough background check and a drug screening, before you will be onboarded.
    6. After being onboarded, paid training will begin.

Interview Questions

• The interview process is completely scripted.
      You will be asked about the 3 most positive and negative experiences during your highest level of educational instruction.
      You will be asked about 3 positives and 3 negatives from your last 3 jobs.
      You will be asked how you could have exceeded the positives and resolved the negatives.
      You will be asked what your most trying time in life has been to date.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There is zero negation in the field management positions.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Must Apply at www.publistoragejobs.com
    Recruiter must contact you to schedule interview.
    2-3 Interviews at Field Level
    Drug Testing
    Job Offer
    Background Testing
    Training Will Start After Results Come Back Positively

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating is not an option at field level.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

very easy interview. One phone with HR rep,one face to face with DM,and a super quick one with RM (same day) typical questions.

Interview Questions

• very straight forward interview. Felt like I had the job before it even started   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Greenville, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

Had a prescreening overt the phone where i was addled several basic questions before being approved for an actual interview. Then i interviewed with the district managerin person then did a telephone interview with the senior district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chamblee, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Chamblee, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. After submitting an application I was given a phone interview about two weeks later for about 20 minutes, basically just to verify my work history and resume as well as explaining the duties of the job. Afterwards I was contacted by a district manager to set up an interview. The 2nd interview was conducted by two managers, and lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me many questions, mainly aimed at seeing if I was being honest about my work experience and also to get to know my personality. Despite being a lower paying manager job ($10/hr), it was a somewhat difficult interview and very thorough. I was put "on the spot" a few times, with some interview questions being open-ended such as what did I do to prepare for this interview, how I felt about work safety, and even what superpower would I pick if I could choose one (a question to gauge my personality I believe). I was made an offer after the interview, and told I would get the job after passing a drug screening at Concentra within 48 hours and after a background check had been conducted.

Interview Questions

• After being asked my favorite and least favorite things about sales, I was then given a Public Storage lock and told to sell it to the manager interviewing me. I admit I was not expecting this. Since I was completely unfamiliar with the product, I took a deep breath before proceeding with my winged sales pitch.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I needed a job, I did not negotiate. I don't believe it would've possible anyways.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Basic Interview Questions. Interview started with me and a district manager then a property manager/ trainer came in and also asked a few questions. Stress free process, district manager seemed down to earth. I was then given a run down of what my daily responsibilities would be and what was expected out of me in the position. Overall it was more like a conversation than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary.