Public Storage Relief Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.4

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

First, it was a phone interview. Then I was scheduled to do a face to face interview. After seeing the supervisor, I was told do to wait for the manager’s call. It took 10 calendar days as the manager was out of town. Received the call today and I was told to wait for the job offer! Went there the same signed it! Background check is the last steps.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Public Storage

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

First scheduled a phone interview.
    Then after the phone interview we scheduled a face to face interview.

He was very nice and I didn't feel rushed at all. He let me ask millions of questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about all past jobs
      - (2 Highs and 2 lows)
      - (What i would do differently)
      -(what I loved and didn't love)
      Then we went into high school.
      -(2 highs and 2 lows)
      -(what I'd do differently)
      - (what I loved and didn't love)
      The we talked about the job in question.   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Storage in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Monday night online

Got a phone call Tuesday afternoon (1st interview/screen)

Asked to come in that day but couldn't so did it the following day.

Did the interview with the district manager (took about 40 min) then the same day right after I did an interview on the phone with his boss.

Walked the property and offered me the job.

Whole process was 2 hours

Interview Questions

• what were your greatest accomplishment and weakness at your other jobs.   Answer Question
    • what would your past employers rate you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Pomona, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was easy. It takes about 4 managers to interview you. Just don't get taken advantage of from the trainer. They think they're all that. And bully you. It was not the best experience that I had with this company. I had to report the trainer for being very disrespectful to me.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy process. Called me for a brief phone interview asking about my background. At the end of the phone call, he invited me to be interviewed that day in person. Mainly asked about my past and what my strengths and weaknesses were at past jobs and how my supervisors would rate me overall. Afterwards, he had me answer pretty much the same questions in a shorter phone interview with some higher up. After that, I was offered a job. Quickest and most painless interview process I've ever had, plus the interviewer was very kind and easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What were your biggest strengths and weaknesses at your last two jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I believe I applied online on a Sunday or Monday I got a callback Tuesday morning , had a phone interview with the district manager . It lasted about20 mins, he asked the usual interview questions.
    Then he let me know he'd be moving forward with me so we scheduled an interview for the following day (Wednesday)
    Wednesday I had my interview it lasted for about a hour, we discussed the job, my previous work experience, the usual stuff and then he took me for a walk around the facility .
    After the walk we spoke with the property manager on duty about what her tasks look like from day to day.
    After that he let me know he liked me as a candidate and I'll be moving on to the next step which was a phone interview with his boss.
    About two hours after the interview I hot the call from his boss , he basically went over the same stuff it went well he said I'll be s good fit.
    District manager extended me the offer
    All happened within 24 hours basically .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation , you get laid $10.00 z

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Long Island City, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and simple. I applied online and that same day I got an interview over the phone. After then got an in person interview the following day. After that they called and let me know if I got the job, then from there you do the background check and that can take a day or so to go through. Once that's clear you're able to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• The one thing that they mainly asking is what are your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Public Storage (Palatine, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the District manager and we had a phone interview, which was then followed up by an in person interview. Then another phone interview by the senior district manager

Interview Questions

• What are five things you're a good at doing at your current job   Answer Question
    • What were five things you could improve on from your job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Castro Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Castro Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. Straight forward interview with the district manager. Took 15 minutes of asking employment questions along with the basic interview questions. I received a call within a couple of hours to set up a start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this plastic wrap.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Storage (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had to wait a while for the man to be ready for my interview. Normally that would not have been a problem, but he ended up being rude the whole time. He laughed at my resume and basically made me feel like an idiot. I already knew that once you get a job there you have a packet that you have to learn and pass a test at the end of your training. I helped one of their current employees study for their test and they passed. It was a complete waste of time. I was just thankful I for out of their in time to make it to another interview that I had scheduled the same day. I ended up getting y hat job with no problems! Public Storage declined me, but I had already decided that I didn't want the job anymore during the interview! I'm still with my current company that hired me that same day! I've been with them for 5 years now, and I'm glad they declined me! I male more money now than I ever would for Public Storage!

Interview Questions

• I'm not going to mention another company's name, so I'll just call it Retail. He asked my-You said you worked at Retail...Why didn't you put that on your resume?   1 Answer