Public Works and Government Services Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Works and Government Services Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Public Works and Government Services Canada

2.7

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant. It felt more like an actual conversation than an interview. I realized that in this particular case personality was more of an importance since they had reviewed my experience already.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions and then experience questions. All general in nature.   2 Answers

Negotiation

It happened during the interview. However it was for a temporary position. Once the temporary contract is complete I must return to my old job.

Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada in December 2016.

Interview

phone interview, typical dump and run recruitment process, they'll sell the job till they get you in the door for interview. If it's not a fit, it's not a fit.

Environmental Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One interview with a two person panel.

Interview Questions

• Please tells how you would take to plan and advance the monitoring waste at a storage facility? What steps would you take?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moncton, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada (Moncton, NB (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is very long. It can take up to a year. The interview process starts with a series of tests followed by an interview. Many if not all the questions are provided ahead of time but doesn'e make the process any easier.

Interview Questions

• Will the company negotiate salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I tried to negotiate a higher salary with no luck.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied to the posting online through the Sauder Business School Career Centre. I received an invitation to an interview shortly after. The interview was in-person and took place in Vancouver. The first step in the process was a written test including two main sections: accounting and law. I sat with two other people to take the test. The second step in the process was a panel interview with a property and facilities manager (PFM), a property and facilities officer (PFO), and an administrative person (secretary). The questions were mostly behavioural in nature. A week or so after the panel interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a group. What role did you take?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you observed something unethical. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I accepted their compensation offer, which was based on a hourly basis and a 37.5 hour work week.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 managers. They did not ask much about my resume experiences, but more technical questions relating to real estate.

Interview Questions

• What valuation method would you use for a downtown class A building?   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied through school internal channel, set up a group interview with a panel of 3. 6 technical questions about real estate. Questions about leadership, knowledge of databases, programs.

Interview Questions

• If you had two identical high rise towers next to each other, what method of valuation would you use to determine the value?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through the Federal Government's website for student summer jobs. Received a call 1 month later to schedule an interview the week after. Interview is with your manager with whom you will work with, very nice people. Interview in front of a panel of 3 employees, all in you potential team. Standard HR style interview. Around 30 minutes. All questions in french. One in english. Yes you have to be billingual but not perfect is okay.

Interview Questions

• Describe one major problem you have encountered at work/school and how you overcame the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There aren't really negociations with the government's summer student jobs, there is a table of salaries according to your education level and experience (working for the government). Schedule can be chosen between 8-4, 8:30-4:30 or 5-9.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Public Works and Government Services Canada (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

You have to have a master's degree to apply at this level. Additional in-depth research into the actual position is necessary. You almost have to know the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PWGSC and the Real Property Services Program?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied to become a Business Analyst through the university co-op program, heard back from them almost immediately. Interview process included a 90-minute computer test, as well as a face-to-face interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• In times of adversity, people often tend to make mistakes. What is a mistake you made and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question