Publicis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The HR interview was fairly easy and they set me up right away with an in person with the SF team. It was 4 individual interviews, 1.5 hours, but they added another person who had only worked there for four days at the last minute, so the process took closer to 2.5 hours.

The interviews were very redundant, with only a few unique questions. Most of them were bland, generic interview questions. The people were nice, but clearly had a "company line" they were all sharing about how they like to work and go to happy hour. Didn't get much deeper than that. The girl who had only been there four days clearly had no idea what to even say or ask about the company.

After a week of not hearing any results, I accepted an offer at another firm and sent them a courtesy email just in case they still had me marked as available. They sent me back a very rude "yeah I just found out right this moment that we didn't want to hire you anyway" email that was clearly either spiteful or intended to cover their behinds for not following up. Either way, it was incredibly unprofessional.

Tl;dr, this interview process didn't really showcase any actual reason somebody would want to work at publicis, but definitely illuminated several reasons why I wouldn't. Dodged a bullet there.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume" Answered this one 5 times.
      "Why do you want this job?" Also answered this one 5 times.
      They also asked about 15 of those "tell me about a time you communicated poorly" and "what are your flaws?" type of questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I went on several interviews and met with a lot of people who were all very friendly, but after a while I was confused as to who I would be working with and who would be job facing should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work in Digital Media?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

1st round: Telephonic with technical manager went about 30 minutes, mostly asked about previous experience, day to day roles.
    2nd round: face to face at NY. there was a coding round and questions about basics.

Interview Questions

• There was coding test about creating database tables, mapping them with EF   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter - who was very nice and made me feel comfortable during a usually nerve-wracking experience. She immediately set an interview up with a hiring manager for the next morning.

My interview with the hiring manager went very well, we talked about my experience and the ins-and-outs of the position. She truly made me interested in the position, and I was really excited to move on to the next interview round!

I'm still waiting to hear from them, it's been a month or so since my interview and I've followed up a few times with the recruiter and the hiring manager, but haven't heard back. I'm a little discouraged because they seemed very interested and proactive to interview and fill the position.

Still checking my inbox for a decision either way!

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publicis (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

The most drawn-out, poorly-organized, and ridiculously unprofessional interview process I've ever experienced. I was brought in by the recruiter with only one day's notice, on a Friday afternoon...the worst possible time to interview. I was interviewed by: a senior VP who was her way out of the company, 2 people from strategy, and 1 from creative. They didn't even know yet which side the role would be reporting to.
    Several weeks later, I was brought in for 2nd round...this time, I was interviewed by 2 people who didn't even work in the SF office and one other. Another few weeks go by...I'm told the client wants to interview me. Then I'm told it will only be a phone interview. More waiting...I had already taken another job I didn't really want at this point.
    Then, an offer comes through. I negotiated...and, a full week later, it's finally one. Total of about 7 weeks, and talking to 7 people. That should've been my warning sign right there.

Negotiation

Only got them to go up $2k....which was still under my previous salary. Not competitive compensation at all.

Advertising Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very persistent and promising. However they expect you to quit the job you are at immediately to fill their position. They are very quick to hire and tell you anything you want to hear. You're shown the great side of teams but not what happens behind the scenes in the cubicles

Interview Questions

• What were previous accounts I had worked on.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Only got to code screen phase. Interviewer briefly introduced himself and directed that the time spent was to complete a code screen, which required working code at end to move forward.

I was told multiple times that the code didn't need to be pretty, just work. I was only vaguely interested in the position, and regret attempting to complete. Process could be better, encourages hacking, and doesn't factor in critical thinking skills. I question value of this screen, and the environment that encourages this behavior.

Interview Questions

• Implement algorithm remotely within timeframe. Algorithm wasn't too complex, just was going to be difficult to complete within time period.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publicis.

Interview

There we fantastically smart development leads who really had an eye for design and development who put me through my paces. They really gave a clear picture of what it would be like to work for the company and what they expected from you.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last project that your proud of and the role you played.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It was more them telling me the pros and cons of working there. It seemed no one was happy there. At the end of the day, it was a deciding factor in taking the job. Ultimately, it doesn't bode well when an agency's higher-ups have lost faith in the agency and its ability to deliver compelling work.

Interview Questions

• It was a question based on how well I dealt with client feedback.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY).

Interview

I was given a phone interview with a recruiter from the agency. She then set up a date for me to meet with three people from a specific account. In the end, I was only able to meet with one of the team members because the other two had last minute obligations. I feel I was at a disadvantage since I didn't meet the other two team members.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where the client's demands are unreasonable? How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question