Publicis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I went on several interviews and met with a lot of people who were all very friendly, but after a while I was confused as to who I would be working with and who would be job facing should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work in Digital Media?   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Interview

They email you to set up a phone call. You speak with them on the phone and then go on an in person interview to speak further about your qualifications

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publicis (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

The most drawn-out, poorly-organized, and ridiculously unprofessional interview process I've ever experienced. I was brought in by the recruiter with only one day's notice, on a Friday afternoon...the worst possible time to interview. I was interviewed by: a senior VP who was her way out of the company, 2 people from strategy, and 1 from creative. They didn't even know yet which side the role would be reporting to.
    Several weeks later, I was brought in for 2nd round...this time, I was interviewed by 2 people who didn't even work in the SF office and one other. Another few weeks go by...I'm told the client wants to interview me. Then I'm told it will only be a phone interview. More waiting...I had already taken another job I didn't really want at this point.
    Then, an offer comes through. I negotiated...and, a full week later, it's finally one. Total of about 7 weeks, and talking to 7 people. That should've been my warning sign right there.

Negotiation

Only got them to go up $2k....which was still under my previous salary. Not competitive compensation at all.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Only got to code screen phase. Interviewer briefly introduced himself and directed that the time spent was to complete a code screen, which required working code at end to move forward.

I was told multiple times that the code didn't need to be pretty, just work. I was only vaguely interested in the position, and regret attempting to complete. Process could be better, encourages hacking, and doesn't factor in critical thinking skills. I question value of this screen, and the environment that encourages this behavior.

Interview Questions

• Implement algorithm remotely within timeframe. Algorithm wasn't too complex, just was going to be difficult to complete within time period.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publicis.

Interview

There we fantastically smart development leads who really had an eye for design and development who put me through my paces. They really gave a clear picture of what it would be like to work for the company and what they expected from you.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last project that your proud of and the role you played.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It was more them telling me the pros and cons of working there. It seemed no one was happy there. At the end of the day, it was a deciding factor in taking the job. Ultimately, it doesn't bode well when an agency's higher-ups have lost faith in the agency and its ability to deliver compelling work.

Interview Questions

• It was a question based on how well I dealt with client feedback.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY).

Interview

I was given a phone interview with a recruiter from the agency. She then set up a date for me to meet with three people from a specific account. In the end, I was only able to meet with one of the team members because the other two had last minute obligations. I feel I was at a disadvantage since I didn't meet the other two team members.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where the client's demands are unreasonable? How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee. A recruiter reached out to me within a couple of days of being referred. Had a standard phone call with recruiter, set up a time to meet in person with three different people on the team. The day of my interview, HR emailed to let me know they gave me the wrong address for the office, just an hour before the interview. I met with two people rather than the three I was supposed to meet that day. Team was a bit condescending, not very pleasant to speak with - didn't really have to try a flowing conversation, just shooting questions one after the other.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an employee on your team that wasn't doing their share of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Went in for an in person interview. Horrible experience, they kept me waiting an extra half an hour and then I had 2 1/2 hour interviews. The first was fine but the 2nd, the woman kept looking at the clock on the computer and not paying attention

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publicis (New York, NY) in June 2007.

Interview

Very basic interview. They asked about my previous experience and details about my resume. They asked me about my favorite advertising campaign