Publicis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publicis Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.6

Vice Président Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Publicis (Paris (France)) in March 2008.

Interview

Talent de première classe. Intervieweurs très intelligents mais sympas. Ils ont fait beaucoup de recherches sur toi avant l'entretien. Questions très difficiles. Je recommande de passer une semaine à apprendre toutes leurs affaires, clients et campagnes.

J'ai donné beaucoup de détails dans la deuxième partie des commentaires, mais voici 2 points importants :

1er : faites des recherches -- lisez beaucoup,

2nd : apprenez tout ce que vous pouvez sur leur bureau incontournable : IMPETU. Connaissez les détails précis sur le fait que PUBLICIS IMPETU A ÉTÉ NOMMÉE AGENCE DIGITALE DE L'ANNÉE À L'IAB MIXX URUGUAY. Votre recherche doit inclure la création d'un scrapbook rassemblant tous les articles possibles sur la récompense. Vous devez savoir que l'agence a gagné un total de 5 récompenses cette nuit là, y compris la convoitée "Idée de l'année" pour "Beat Art" développé pour Ballantine's. "Beat Art" a été sélectionné parmi plus de 100 concurrents. Étudiez avec soin ces 100 concurrents perdants.

Interview Questions

• Que changeriez-vous dans la stratégie de Nestlé ?   1 Answer
    • Comment pouvez-vous créer si vous ne connaissez pas le français ? Ou l'italien ? Ou le chinois ? Ou le russe ?

Comment changeriez-vous Publicis Paris ?   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publicis (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

The most drawn-out, poorly-organized, and ridiculously unprofessional interview process I've ever experienced. I was brought in by the recruiter with only one day's notice, on a Friday afternoon...the worst possible time to interview. I was interviewed by: a senior VP who was her way out of the company, 2 people from strategy, and 1 from creative. They didn't even know yet which side the role would be reporting to.
    Several weeks later, I was brought in for 2nd round...this time, I was interviewed by 2 people who didn't even work in the SF office and one other. Another few weeks go by...I'm told the client wants to interview me. Then I'm told it will only be a phone interview. More waiting...I had already taken another job I didn't really want at this point.
    Then, an offer comes through. I negotiated...and, a full week later, it's finally one. Total of about 7 weeks, and talking to 7 people. That should've been my warning sign right there.

Negotiation

Only got them to go up $2k....which was still under my previous salary. Not competitive compensation at all.

Graduate Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview after I applied via LinkedIn. I was told they would ask me some questions and then I would get to ask my own questions. I was asked three or four questions and then told to email my CV over and they would get back to me. They haven't. I didn't get to ask any of my own questions either before being rushed off the phone. The interviewer was abrupt and rude and made me feel very uncomfortable like I was wasting their time.

Interview Questions

• What is an advertising campaign that has appealed to you and why?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Publicis.

Interview

The process was very lengthy. They have you start out with a few projects at which point you should decide to either decide to work extremely hard on or just drop out of the process.

They then analyze your work and if they like what you see they will call you in to interview in person. After the in person expect to have some follow-up interviews with more leadership.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the team and this career direction?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publicis (Mumbai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Direct interview with the line manager. To the point discussion about the role & what is expected. The interview was interactive & got good insight into the role which I was expected to handle.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my previous role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

2 rounds of back and forth. But decent and not too pushy.

Assistant to Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yerevan (Armenia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publicis (Yerevan (Armenia)) in September 2013.

Interview

I had to complete a test to qualify for the interview. The test had different types of questions, such as creative thinking, iq, picture presentations and other. Had to come up with scenarios for different types of ads too.

Interview Questions

• To create a advertising for a cell phone service specifically for ballet dancers   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publicis.

Interview

There we fantastically smart development leads who really had an eye for design and development who put me through my paces. They really gave a clear picture of what it would be like to work for the company and what they expected from you.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last project that your proud of and the role you played.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publicis (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

nice somtimes difficult to answer.english is must to communicate. confidence level is important .director take my interview. questioning related to management process. business development.etc after 5 days later call from company

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Fast and furious, interviewed with 6 people in one day. Met with everyone from the CEO down to Account Execs. Everyone has a lot o their plate, so interviews are rushed and some of the interviewers were not experienced.

Interview Questions

• How are you with handling difficult clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to go back and forth over salary, in the end it was a good comprimise.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publicis in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process was phone interview followed quickly by invite for 1:1 . then 3 more phone interviews with various managers around the US and Canada. Very intelligent people that performed interview. they were looking for real saavy; risk assessment , financial experience, budget management, ability to deal with not so cooperative people, asked how I would handle someone who basically said "That's not my job" when it is or was a gray area.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle when a resource says "That's not my job"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no real negotiation as I was offered what recruiter said was top of range for position.