Publicis Sapient Manager, Program Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publicis Sapient Manager, Program Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Publicis Sapient

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Began with an initial phone conversation with the recruiter and review of benefits information. Then, a one hour phone interview was scheduled with one of the Managers in the Program Management practice. Following an internal review, a 3 hour interview was scheduled onsite in Arlington, VA. The first hour was dedicated to a one-on-one interview focused on previous experiences in project management. The second hour was preparing a case study and the final hour was presenting out the case study on whiteboard walls.

Interview Questions

• There was not enough information and/or time provided to complete the case study in its entirety. Additionally, tasks beyond a PM's job requisites were tested in the case study that would otherwise be completed by someone else on the team. There were long delays between each of the interviews to receive feedback/next steps from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Offered a salary well below current pay and a job title held over a year and a half ago at my current firm. They are looking for and only willing to pay for recent college grads, not experienced hires.

Other Interview Reviews for Publicis Sapient

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by the recruiter and interviewed by her, Then I was interviewed by the Senior Manager, Program Management in a week. Once I cleared this I was asked to come for an inperson interview with a bunch of folks. I had to do a Project Plan for a web site development/redesign. Once I did that I had another PM interview me. Then I was given the go ahead by the recruiter, and then asked to meet with the Director. It was straight forward and the interview did not pan out ok, saying one of the skills was lacking. Then I was set up to interview at Chicago and then I got the job after a couple more of phone interview.

the process for Sapient is very gruelling and once in the company you realize how important the interviews are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was looking for a job and did not negotiate a lot, but got a fair deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially received email from internal recruiter who told me about the company and position. The sticking point with me was the travel- Mon-Thursday every week for 12-18 months. I declined. Was contacted again a few weeks later for a position with less travel. Went in for the interview- consisted of a case study, and several F2F interviews. After that got a call saying that I would be perfect for an IT position- which would require travel- declined. Would have been a great company to work for if I didn't have to travel 90% of the time. The case study was the most difficult part- you have to figure out what they are REALLY hiring for by completing the case study with a lean towards front end or back end program mgmt.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to give up my life for 2-3 years for the company.   Answer Question

Manager, Program Management Interview

Interview

Two-step process: 1) initial phone screen to determine fit, 2) in-person interview consisting of a case study and regular/personality interview. You must stand out in the case study - show creativity in problem solving and persuasive presentation skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was a major deficiency - lack of clear communication between candidate and hiring managers through HR

Manager Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Case Study Based Interview, testing the depth and breadth of having executed programs. Bookish kw wont be much helpful here. Quite a well organized review process with role play setup on a real case study.

Manager, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

1. Initial screening (phone)

2. Detailed 1st round on project management (phone) - Had a detailed discussion with who appeared to be a senior manager. He asked about my daily tasks and chipped in with questions to verify my answers. He asked about examples of challenges met and challenges failed. His concern was that I did not know about the domain. However, he was ok with me having the willingness to learn. I was told that I cleared this round and they would like to meet me in their Gurgaon offices.

3. Case study and in person interview including role play (at site) - Sapient took care of my travel (everything) and barring a couple of minor issues with coordination (which shows they are just another company that also makes mistakes), it was very smooth.

The case study was interesting. However, my solution failed to impress the interviewer who came very late and appeared to be in a hurry to close the interview. I also suspect that the interviewer had decided within the first couple of minutes that I won't be selected (in which case, there was no point in continuing to waste time).

My issue with this kind of role play is I don't know what level of acting and selling skills they look for from a candidate whose profile is not related to acting or selling.

Another problem was that the interviewer kept going into and out of the role play and kept interrupting me.

Yet another issue with this particular interview was that I was told by the interviewer at the end that they were looking for a program manager (while in the previous rounds, I was told the position was that of a project manager). Regardless of what I was told, I realised that the real position is that of a business analyst who could do a bit of management (which is why domain was a concern). This was certainly not what I was interviewing for. Also, in this case, I should never have passed the first round. Looks like the second round interviewer did not communicate the requirements to the first round interviewer.

During this process, I also realised that Sapient has a particular way of working and is not open to discuss other ways. Sapient also did not appear interested in the candidate's beliefs, even for a senior position (I believe this matters a lot and can be a breaker if not treaded carefully on).

Overall, thank you, Sapient, for taking care of me during the interview process. However, looks like there is a big chasm between your thoughts and mine about how work can be done.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not unexpected. It is the way one answers that matters.   Answer Question

Manager, Program Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient in May 2016.

Interview

Long Case Study which will be given on a piece of a paper , different project management deliverables needs to be provided in that
    Technical Discussion is based on the case study that we have covered
    AI Round is taken over after you have cleared the above two rounds
    ......

Manager, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

3 rounds in one day, very efficient process, first was domain round, second was attributes round where they see your fitment and third is closing and salary
    they provided conveyance to and fro Sapient office which was a great experience