Publicis Sapient Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publicis Sapient Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Publicis Sapient

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

They hire really smart, unselfish people so personality is a big criteria. Its a thorough process so be prepared with your area of expertise. I had a phone interview followed by a panel interview in front of 4 people!

Interview Questions

• Not sure, it was pretty straight forward just a long process with 2 rounds.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through a recruiter and got the compensation I wanted.

Other Interview Reviews for Publicis Sapient

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient in September 2007.

Interview

On submission of resume the screening was done by Recruiter over phone. He asked basic questions like kind of projects & clients handled, challanges faced and willingness to travel & relocate. After 1 week I was called for face-to-face interview that included 3 sessions. First 30-45 min session was lated to personality and fitment to Sapient values - client focused delivery, creativity, leadership, openness, relationship and people growth and involved questions pertaining to my real life experiences from professional life on the core values. Second 60 min session was a project mgmt case study where I was given one page long case study to come-up with high level project plan (at week level), staffing plan, budget and identify project risks on a white board. The third 60 min session involved explaining how I came-up with project plan, estimates, staffing and mitigation for risks.

Interview Questions

• What if clients want you to start project ASAP without signing the contract since contracts take 1-3 weeks for legal reveiw & approval while project needs to be started ASAP. How will you handle the risk of project cancellation.   5 Answers

Negotiation

They low-balled the initial offer and I was able to get a small increase over the initial offer. However I could not get the expected salary since I had followed-up many times during the 3-4 week period after face-to-face interveiw and final offer and Sapient got a clear understanding that I am keen on joining.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by Sapient recruiter re: a project manager position.

Interesting company:
    - good values
    - very client focussed
    - successful and an good business model

Interview setup was a bit disjointed and interviewer was late (had to call him)
    Good behavioral interview by a very professional client manager.
    Given their tight business model, they are and remain price sensitive
    and will naturally hire younger candidates (nothing wrong with that).
    My recommendation:
    - check their salary ranges first
    - price yourself within their target range in the online application they will ask you to
      fill in before the interview
    - then have your interview

The ONLY goal of an interview is to keep the decision yours - not theirs.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you have worked on and the process by which you arrived at the project kick off meeting.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

This review is for Sapient Government Services.

After applying I was contacted enthusiastically by a recruiter for a phone interview. I gave the recruiter my availability but he called at a time I was unavailable. Then he took a while to get back to me to confirm a date and time. Still optimistic, I had to painstakingly reschedule my day to make the time work and when the time came for the interview, he didn't show up! I sent him an email to check his status and make sure we were still ok to meet (meetings can sometimes go overtime) but got an out of office notice and then didn't hear back the rest of the day. After finally being able to chase him down a week later to talk, he informed me that the funding for the position had been pulled and then proceeded to interview me for another position and then I never heard back from him. This time I didn't bother to follow up.

Job hunting is a pain for both sides (and I've been on both sides) but I have never met someone so unprofessional during any recruitment process! There are so many ways the recruiter could have handled the situation of a position being pulled. Scheduling a meeting with a prospective candidate and then not showing up and disappearing for a while after wasn't the best way to do it. Needless to say, I wasn't interested in the organization after the experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual here. Just basic questions about work history.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient.

Interview

Started with a case study - they give you a two pager with information on a fictional client and project and ask you to complete an analysis (e.g. understanding of client's drivers, proposed scope, a business/systems context diagram, etc.). They gave me 45 minutes to complete it working alone. After the 45 minutes two interviewers come in to discuss/debate your response. It was a little over the top but if you know your stuff you should do fine. After speaking with them there were two more interviews - more traditional in approach. There was quite a bit of waiting in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• They will want you to provide a project plan or approach to a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter submitted myself for a role which was filled prior to the interview. Said recruiter subsequently submitted me for another role that was still open. I have moderate experience in the second role that was offered, and I made the nuances of said experience clear in detail via email to the recruiter prior to the meeting. This was a Skype interview with a Manager that was changed to a phone interview 5 minutes after the interview was set to begin. From the get-go I clearly heard that there were individuals present that were not announced. The interviewer then proceeded to ask a series of typical questions, which I answered clearly and concisely. Then the interview took a bizarre turn where the Manager repeated the same cycle of questions all over again. I thought it was odd, but I politely answered with the same answers. The HM then stated that I did not have the requirements they were looking for this position, which was fine. What I found to be very unpleasant was 1) The fact that I clearly and explicitly communicated my experience prior to the interview, which was obviously NOT what they were looking, yet they scheduled it anyway, wasting both our time. 2) Manager was on speaker phone and there were very likely other individuals on the line who were unannounced. 3) The interviewer cycled through the exact same questions twice, which was very bizarre, awkward and obvious. I was left scratching my head, is this a new technique interviewers are using? Were they attempting to see if my answers would change? Were they guaging my potential reaction to blatantly stupid questions? I don't know. Nevertheless, it was a bit jarring, bizarre and some may find it insulting.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding experience directly relevant to the role. Repeated in two non-consecutive cycles.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through a phone interview, followed by an in-house "fantastic Friday" interview session. Interview consisted of group-based thought assignment, individual case, and personal interview. Then they had all the candidates sit on a weekly meeting, to get a feel for what the office is like. The head of the Chicago office also came to speak with us. Overall, fantastic experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with one of their recruiters who gauged my interest and set up a round of interviews for the next week. Interview questions were not difficult, just the usual softball questions one may expect to get.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Two round of telephonic interviews after the intial connect -30min - 1 hr
    one round of interview based on scenarios which i really liked - 2-3 hrs
    followed by another round of face-to-face interview -1-2 hrs
    the recruit team follows up via email on outcome

Interview Questions

• how agile will fit into a service oriented organisation   1 Answer

i got another offer with a different organisation as agile coach

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient in November 2010.

Interview

I got a mail from th Sapient HR about a role suitable for me.I replied her back then I got a call from the HR.It was almost like telephonic interview she asked me a lot about Project Management, the fdifferent kind of roles I have worked.
    Then another interview was scheduled where I was given a case study of a client requirement.
    I had one hour to work out in the white board, my understanding of the project and project scope.
    I had to draw up a project plan and a logical architecture diagram. Had to talk about the constraints,assumptions,risks. Basically I had to pitch for a project.
    The interviewer mocked as the client and it was interesting. I enjoyed the whole process

Interview Questions

• After giving a white presentation on the new project,the interviewer asked me 'I want the project delivered as soon as possible. Can you start the development tomorrow?'   3 Answers
    • What do you know about Sapient?   1 Answer