Publicis Sapient Senior Associate L1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publicis Sapient Senior Associate L1 Interview Questions

Interviews at Publicis Sapient

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Arlington, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

To preface, I am a former employee at Sapient who left on good terms so my interview process may be out of the norm. I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. I responded within a few days, but did not hear back for a couple of weeks. I probably would have had to wait longer, except I personally reached out to some friends still at the company to give the recruiter a little nudge.

When the recruiter finally contacted me, he set up an interview fairly quickly. The on-site interview consisted of 3, 1-hour segments which included a personality test, a technology "problem" sheet, and finally a presentation in which you solved the previously mentioned problem.

The personality test consisted of questions revolving around the typical "how do you work in a team environment" or "how did you handle failure" questions. The technology test wasn't particularly challenging, but they are working on more a complicated problem for future interviews.

The office culture has not changed a bit since I left which is definitely a good thing. My interviewers were friendly, engaged, and very fond of their employer. There is a game room with foosball, darts, and pool, which I did not have a chance to play in. From my past experience, the personnel there is top notch and full of very bright, young professionals.

My biggest complaint with the process revolves around their contracted HR department. First, the initial lag time when they contacted me (this is an important point) and when they finally got around to scheduling an interview (or even acknowledging I was alive) is unacceptable.

Second, their HR department definitely tried to give me a "hard sell." Their initial slogan was "we're hiring, bet you don't hear that too much these days" or something along that line, and they definitely tried to use that as a negotiating chip. I was told that my salary expectations weren't realistic and that I should be happy with whatever they offered. When I pushed back, they made it seem like it was a huge hassle to go up the food chain to get me what I wanted, and the recruiter then tried to point out that I was "leaving my company for a reason, so take that into consideration."

Except I wasn't the one who made the first move and they had contacted me. At that point I duly reminded her of who had contacted whom first and how I am still perfectly happy at my current employer. Additionally, their base salary would only MATCH what I currently made, which ultimately didn't cover the cost of jumping ship. At that point the conversation became much friendlier and the pressure tactics stopped.

Interview Questions

• Convert a traditional mail order inventory system into an online shopping cart. Include a data model, sequence diagram, use cases, and test cases.   1 Answer

The HR department was one of the reasons why I left the company in the first place (false promises, not following through, etc). The actual consultants at Sapient are top notch. Additionally, the compensation is mediocre at best, and my title would be a step down from what I currently am doing.

Other Interview Reviews for Publicis Sapient

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I got call from one the recruiter and after that I got mail to complete an assignment in javascript and/or angular js which was to develop a website based in eCommerce, I was provided the psd and images along with REST API link to access the details. I completed in next few days and then in second round I had a skype interview with one of the UI manager and it was around 1 hr and I was asked front end technology based questions. i.e. javascript, angularjs, html5 and css related. I cleared that round and then I had on managerial round where I was asked some situation based questions and after that I got an offer from the company.

Interview Questions

• responsive/adaptive websites
      Difference b/w cookies and local storage
      Strict Mode
      Closure
      CSS block
      advantages/disadvantages of using CSS preprocessors?
      how to apply all font type in your application
      promises in jquery
      deferred scripts in javascript
      json and jsonp difference
      plugin used in developing front end applications
      what is bootstrap ?
      how to override bootstrap's existing css classes
      Object literal notation
      how many HTML5 features/APIs u used?
      CSS3 pseudo classes
      Any exposure to CSS preprocessors/frameworks?
      Which design patterns have you used/familiar with
      Have you used media queries?
      What are pseudo-classes?
      Angular JS: Difference b/w Attributes and Elements   Answer Question

Senior Associate L1 Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient.

Interview

1. Written round - General Aptitude and Test case writing
    2. Face to Face Tech round
    3. Manager Round
    4. HR round and salary discussion

Offer rolled out within a week. They were ok with 3 months notice period

Interview Questions

• You can expect questions about mobile performance   1 Answer

Senior Associate L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

I went through 4 rounds. First online coding test, in second round they ask me to design object model, third round telephonic technical round followed by behavior round. Hr asked for documents and taken me one level done. Hr hiring process is really worse they not even done proper hr round as salary discussion. Advice to hr management if u Cant offer as per candidate expectations. So should discuss regarding expectations before scheduling interview. Please don't waste time.

Interview Questions

• On core Java, collections, threading, framework like spring, database, coding exercise   Answer Question

Senior Associate L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn posted by HR recruiter. I sent updated CV on HR email ID. Then she asked me when did you last time applied, I replied her mail and then she tell me OK !

After 2 days she is taking screening round, Asked some basic question regarding notice period, Current salary and expected salary, Tell me something about overall working experience , are you working as a backed or front end developer in Drupal...and so on.

After Screening round they are scheduled ,Written , Puzzle, F2F on 1-Feb-2018, I have face each and every round and cleared all the round and HR person inform leave for the day you maybe will get good news, I hope so..

I left for the day and 5-Feb-2018 I have received mail From HR team , You have cleared interview process with Sape..... Please provide the following documents, salary slips, address proof, EAF form, Joining date by tomorrow EOD.

I replied her mail on 6-Feb-2018 and provide all the information which is mentioned above.

Next day HR mail me, Good day!
    I hope someone is in touch with you in regards to your candidature. Please let me know if you have any confusion/doubts, I replied her & she told me Great. All is inline then.

Just ring her and check about the process if any doubts. Her phone would be in her signature.

After 3 days, I have received HR call around 8:00 PM, She is asking salary exception, any other offer, How many days you have join, and so on.. and when disconnected call she told me hold on, One more round is still pending I'm surprised after interview process cleared one more round is pending??? I told him I,am selected or not?.. she told me No, No, you are selected but final recommendation will com from her, you will get call Friday, Saturday or maybe Monday.

She mailed me on 12 Feb-2018, Quick Connect round , Non technical round, one of our experts will take it. I confirm her. and experts call me, He asked me tell me about your self, Career journey and so on...which role fit in Sapient, Then I tell him after that call is over.

Next Day HR will call me how was your non-technical round I told her, It was good. Then she told I will get back to you soon within a two days

I wait her response till 15-March-2018 but didi'nt reciive any response then finally I asked him on her mail what is the status of my candidature didn't recieve till how

He is destroy my three months time and effort from jan-18-march-18. I had very bad experienced with company.

Now the biggest joke of my life is here : Hahahahaha I recieved a Mail from autogenerated mail on 20-March-2018

"we regret to inform you that our current opportunity did not match with your candidature at this point in time. Therefore, we are unable to proceed any further in the hiring process."

My Question to Sapient Hiring Team, What are you doing in 3- Months if current opportunity did not match with your candidature at this point in time.

1. Why are shortlist my CV if not matched

2. Why are taken: Written, Quiz, F2F round .... if not Matched

3. Why are you mailed me "You have cleared Interview Process"

4. Why are you collect Salary slips, Joining Date, EAF form, Address proof

5. Why HR person told me you are select all is inline.

Wrost interview process in my hole career, Same on your interview process.

Interview Questions

• Performance optimization and CacheMechanism   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Written test followed by atleasst 3-4 rounds of personal interviews

Interview Questions

• Write a program to search for all files of a given pattern in a given directory   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good. sapient is one of the goo pay masters

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

Telephonic interview, followed by a Design Interview and then a Face to Face technical interview. Followed by a Manager round and then HR negotiation round.

Negotiation

You'll get what you ask for.

Senior Associate L1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

Very professional in their approach as far as hiring goes.
    Initial round of interview with HR/Staffing on phone, then a technical interview 1:1
    the interview was very technical and mostly on my resume and the field in which i work for.
    Once selected, for every project there is another interview, so you have to be prepared that you have to clear that interview to get selected in a project.
    People their want to see how good you can communicate, how are your analytical skills and given in a scenario what is your plan of action.
    The workplace is neat and no cubicles, even for managers and senior managers, first looks seems to be sitting in a cafeteria or cyber cafe without any walls.
    In a way good and in a way bad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate hard as much as you can, sapient pays good. Given the increments are very less these days so its good to get as much as you can first up.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Not much tough questions. Basic on my technology and some tough questions on Data warehouse technology. Data modeling questions and Fact dim questions as well . They are primarily asking on Data flow and control flow , Event handler etc. etc.

Interview Questions

• Data modeling questions and Fact dim questions as well .They are primarily asking on Data flow and control flow , Event handler etc. etc.Not much tough questions. Basic on my technology and some tough questions on Data warehouse technology.   Answer Question

Senior Associate L1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publicis Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Execllant concentrated on logic, and willing ness to learn and business knowledge

Negotiation

bad as i was hired on a lower role compared to people in the company and some guy of my experience got 30% more