Publix Any Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Any Interview Questions

1.8

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Cattle Call. They had little interest in previous experience. They don't want to see a resume. It might cloud their judgment. They want drones who just want to find a company who offers Kool-Aid. I was very disappointed, but I really thought working for them couldn't be as horrible as the interview led me to believe. Sadly, I was wrong, it was much worse.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasa no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Punta Gorda, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Punta Gorda, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

They were having a job fair and I set an appointment via the website prior to the interview, I showed up and "checked in" and was overly dressed. I wore a suit while everyone wore casual. I fill out one set of paperwork which I then had to do again on a computer kiosk after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what I do currently and if I knew anything about retail.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Unfortunately and apparently due to the location of the store, my interview process was mostly disappointing. I have several family members who work for or have retired from Publix and had great things to say about the company. Sadly the interview was held by an associate who appeared to have been surprised that she had to interview me. Needless to say the interview went downhill fast. I felt like I was the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was sure I was at three right store for the interview.   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix in March 2013.

Interview

Went grocery shopping and filled out an application at the computer they have in the store. Maybe one or two weeks later I got a call to come in for an interview. I haven't been on many, but this one wasn't a typical interview... in a good way. We sat down and he asked me about myself. It felt like a conversation that you have with a friend. [SIDE NOTE]: A thing that kind of angered me a little bit though was when he showed me this boy on the camera monitor working at a cash register and using him as an example was talking about how you need to talk with the customers and be friendly, all while this boy is yawning and looking so miserable to even be working there with no interest in the customers. Anyway, when it was over he said that he'd let me know if they made a decision. I kind of lost hope when he said that because a lot of other people said they got hired on the spot. Which sucks because I really did want to work there and I thought the interview went great. I still haven't even received an email to say I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• This interview (if I can even call it that) was the best one I have experienced. The first question he asked was what the last thing I personally bought was. Where I bought it. And if I remembered the name of the cashier and how I was treated. Then he asked why I chose Publix. That was pretty much it besides him asking easy basic questions about my life. He was the one who did most of the talking.   Answer Question