Publix Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.0

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Warehouse Selector, Frozen Foods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was very basic! There were no curve ball questions. It started off with the HR manager explaining the details of the job description, pay, hours etc. Then he went on asking a series of questions, (maybe 8 questions) very easy. Why do you want to work for publix? What motivates you? Can you work nights, weekends, overtime? Do you have reliable transportation? etc. After he finished with the interview he asked did I have any questions; asked a few of my own. Later, he took me on a tour of the warehouse, finished touring then we came back to his office and talked a little more. Finished talking and he said I wouldn't know anything until next week because the employment office doesn't operate over the weekend considering today is a aThursday. He also said if I was selected it would be 2-3 weeks before I started. So I'm thinking maybe I got the job but then he was like " if you dont get the job just keep applying" That threw me for a loop! but considering the past interviews I've read most of the people offered took their drug test(mouth swob) during there 1st interview so I dont think I got the job. Overall, the interview was easy! I've had a total of 3 interviews (different positions) with Publix and this is the LAST one. I feel like I'm wasting time interviewing with them because each interview they always say " It will be 2-3 weeks before you hear anything" then that time rolls around I get the "Im sorry email" we're pursuing other canidates... or have me wait an entire month to send that email. I feel like they interview a select number a month just to put in on their tabs and then constantly post jobs in Dacula, Ga.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mableton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Mableton, GA).

Interview

It had taken weeks to get the interview because the boss was on vacation. It was the standard interview just basically going over experience. They really needed the help so it wasn't hard to get in.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Lasted around 30 minutes, got there 10 minutes early. Manager was nice and informing took 4 weeks to 1 month to get a interview. Not as stressful as i thought it would be , nice and calming.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Kennesaw, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was recommend by a friend. Applied at the kiosk in the front of the store. Easy going interview in store managers office. Hired the same day and was drug tested.

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied August and received an email the same day to complete 2 forms. Later that day received an email to complete an assessment. 2+ months later email to set up interview. After reading up on their Facebook and employee's opinions, it sounds like males are more likely to get this job than females.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   4 Answers
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous employer say about you?   Answer Question
    • What would your supervisor say about your attendance?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a stressful situation in or outside of work?   Answer Question

Meat and Dairy Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA).

Interview

Be sure to know about the position you apply for so that you won't waste your time. All selector positions start at 5am and the hiring manager says it is very demanding with the lifting. The person that calls you to set up interview was very short so she doesn't explain much about position like hours.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application at Publix on a Monday they called me back Wednesday to interview on Thursday. Got called back the same day for a second interview on Friday. On Friday I took the drug test (mouth swab) and was told i got the job just waiting for the results from the test.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to Publix?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Lilburn, GA).

Interview

The asked basic questions but its really about who you know when working with Publix.
    They asked me why do I want to work here?
    How would I feel about being cross trained?
    Then it really just turned into a conversation about me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why do I want to work here?
      How would I feel about being cross trained?
      Then it really just turned into a conversation about me.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Casual face to face interview with the regional supervisor. General interview questions, not intimidating. Make sure you research the company and have questions that indicate that you have interest in working there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to publix in the store and got a call to come in for a interview the next day. I came and the interview was 20 mins. They manager liked me and I was hired on the spot after she hired me I had got to do a drug test. I'm now currently waiting for my results to come back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for publix?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your self   1 Answer