Publix Bakery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

1.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Relaxed, kind people. The store is always busy so you get summed up pretty quick. Be short and straight with your answers. But they laid down the rules and emphasized what a great company it is to work for. Good people work for this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Mableton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Mableton, GA).

Interview

It had taken weeks to get the interview because the boss was on vacation. It was the standard interview just basically going over experience. They really needed the help so it wasn't hard to get in.

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Boone, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very well conducted. Doing some research about the company before an interview is very beneficial. Also, they call you back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What all do you know about the company of Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Kennesaw, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was recommend by a friend. Applied at the kiosk in the front of the store. Easy going interview in store managers office. Hired the same day and was drug tested.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix in December 2016.

Interview

You are required to apply in one of the stores on a computer and take a personality questionnaire (takes about 25-35min). I got a call back the day after I applied to come in for an interview a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk. After about 4 weeks I received a phone called asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. My interview was with the assistant store manager. It went really well. I was hired on the spot. I then met the bakery manager and did a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Asked questions on why you want to work there. Asked how are can you be used in this place. They were very friendly, and asked what department would I be interested in working, the ones that were available.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Mount Dora, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk. I received a call a few days later. Through miscommunication and lack of information on my part and on the store's part, I ended up going to the wrong store, which caused me to be substantially late to my interview. However, I explained the situation to the manager once I got there and he was very understanding. Other employees introduced themselves and told me to not be nervous while I was waiting to get into the interview, and the manager himself was very nice. Most of the interview was the manager telling me the benefits of Publix. It felt like I was already hired before the interview even started, which helped me to be very honest and relaxed, especially with how I was treated by everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the bakery?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied at the Publix kiosk, took about 2 weeks to get a call back. Went in for the interview, the interview process was quick about 1 week in total.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Clarksville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was with store manager and bakery manager. I explained my experience and type of work I was seeking. They explained the job and pay. Second interview was with store manager. He explained the company and asked why I chose publix and would it be temporary or a career.