Publix Bakery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Kennesaw, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was recommend by a friend. Applied at the kiosk in the front of the store. Easy going interview in store managers office. Hired the same day and was drug tested.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk. After about 4 weeks I received a phone called asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. My interview was with the assistant store manager. It went really well. I was hired on the spot. I then met the bakery manager and did a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Asked questions on why you want to work there. Asked how are can you be used in this place. They were very friendly, and asked what department would I be interested in working, the ones that were available.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Mount Dora, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk. I received a call a few days later. Through miscommunication and lack of information on my part and on the store's part, I ended up going to the wrong store, which caused me to be substantially late to my interview. However, I explained the situation to the manager once I got there and he was very understanding. Other employees introduced themselves and told me to not be nervous while I was waiting to get into the interview, and the manager himself was very nice. Most of the interview was the manager telling me the benefits of Publix. It felt like I was already hired before the interview even started, which helped me to be very honest and relaxed, especially with how I was treated by everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the bakery?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied at the Publix kiosk, took about 2 weeks to get a call back. Went in for the interview, the interview process was quick about 1 week in total.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Clarksville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was with store manager and bakery manager. I explained my experience and type of work I was seeking. They explained the job and pay. Second interview was with store manager. He explained the company and asked why I chose publix and would it be temporary or a career.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Melbourne Beach, FL).

Interview

It was VERY hard for me to get interviewed. I applied (you must apply at a computer station in-store) and came in once a twice a week for two months before I got called in, and even then it was to another store that was a half hour away from my house. (Annoying, since I applied to a store within walking distance from my home with the intention of saving money by biking to work. Instead, I spent a good chunk of money on gas getting to and from my shifts.)

Once I got the interview, though, it was a breeze. Unless you really bomb the interview or fail the drug test, you've pretty much got the job by that point. My interviewing manager was very pleasant to talk with and was kind about calming me down (it was my first interview and I was a *little* nervous), and he went through pretty standard questions. He asked me what position I was applying for, and when I explained that I had my heart set on the bakery he told me they didn't really have openings there. I said that I would be happy to work as a cashier or in another department until something opened up, and he asked if I would be willing to get up as early as 4AM to work in the bakery. I said yes, and he very generously spoke the department manager and got me a starting position there.

Interview Questions

• What were my interests and subjects of study in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Franklin, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied at the kiosk at the front of the store. I was surprised to get a call to come in for an interview only two days later! She was the Deli manager, the bakery manager came over and we talked and I decided I would like the Bakery better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the store manager said he'd start me out at $10/hr, which was around what I was expecting.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in December 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after applying. It was pretty easy, I was asked why I wanted to work for Publix and what I thought good customer service was. My only issue is it took a month for the background check.

Interview Questions

• They took me to the bakery and asked me to frost a rose (I am bakery clerk/cake decorating apprentice).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, I was told the highest they could pay me was $9/hr for now, but opportunities to raise it would come twice a year. He just said if you'd like to work with us, we'd be happy to have you.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I was referred to the store manager by a current employee, so I am fairly sure I skipped much of the usual interview process. I went in for the interview with the store Manager and Assistant store Manager and was asked a number of interview questions like " What are your hobbies?" " Why do you want to work at Publix?" " What is your experience?" "What can you bring to the table as a Publix Employee?".

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was expecting a lesser amount as I was initially hired for a different position but when I went in to fill out paperwork I was told I was being placed in a different department with a 75 cent pay raise. No negotiation, it was more than I was expecting and I was content.