Publix Bakery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Bakery Clerk

Create your profile to get personalized information

Publix Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk. After about 4 weeks I received a phone called asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. My interview was with the assistant store manager. It went really well. I was hired on the spot. I then met the bakery manager and did a drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

filled out a form in the reception area in store.
    I was contacted about 1 week later
    did a two one on one interviews. One with store manager and another wih assistant store manager

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Kennesaw, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was recommend by a friend. Applied at the kiosk in the front of the store. Easy going interview in store managers office. Hired the same day and was drug tested.

Anonymous Employee in Mableton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Mableton, GA).

Interview

It had taken weeks to get the interview because the boss was on vacation. It was the standard interview just basically going over experience. They really needed the help so it wasn't hard to get in.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix in December 2016.

Interview

You are required to apply in one of the stores on a computer and take a personality questionnaire (takes about 25-35min). I got a call back the day after I applied to come in for an interview a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Boone, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very well conducted. Doing some research about the company before an interview is very beneficial. Also, they call you back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What all do you know about the company of Publix?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Relaxed, kind people. The store is always busy so you get summed up pretty quick. Be short and straight with your answers. But they laid down the rules and emphasized what a great company it is to work for. Good people work for this company.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Naples, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

short interview for a seasonal position, it was less than five minutes. It was quick and with the store manager. I applied online and then a few weeks later got a response

Interview Questions

• I was asked whether I was flexible with scheduling and if I was able to wake up for early shifts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kill Devil Hills, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Kill Devil Hills, NC) in April 2019.

Interview

Talked to bakery manager and deli managers. Was an easy and positive experience. Very nice interviewers. Dressed nicely...business casual. Took a drug test that involved oral swab. That process was very easy as well.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle an unhappy customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

Worst interview I've ever had, and it does a dishonor to a company known for how well it treats its employees. I interviewed at a different Publix not long before this interview and had a vastly different (and positive) experience there with a manager who was friendly and seemed very passionate about the job.
    For this interview, I arrived ten minutes before the scheduled interview time and was sent upstairs to the break room to wait for my name to be called. I did not get called into the office until 20 minutes after I was scheduled to interview. During the 30 minutes that I was waiting, I could hear someone inside of the office raising their voice multiple times and arguing about something, which was both disconcerting and unprofessional in my opinion. I couldn't make out the words but could easily hear it while sitting 15-20 feet away from the wall of the office, and it was enough to make me consider walking out then and there. There were several other people waiting to interview and they all looked uncomfortable with the situation.
    The person arguing had a very distinct voice, and she ended up being one of the two people that I interviewed with, which did not inspire confidence. The man and woman both introduced themselves but did not specify their role in the company, but I presume they were the manager and assistant manager.
    They asked me a few very typical interview questions, nothing unexpected, but the man didn't say much and the woman acted indifferent about the whole situation. I don't know if she'd already eliminated me as a candidate or if she acted that way with everyone. Then after asking me if I was good at selling things, the woman told me to go downstairs and pick out two products I was passionate about and try selling the items to them. When I first returned with the items and started selling them, she wasn't paying any attention to me but was typing something on her computer. The entire exercise was extremely awkward and seemed like a waste of time to me, considering the role. In the time that it took for me to go down and choose the objects, they could have been asking me more relevant questions or discussing the role of the job. It was also upsetting being treated with such indifference throughout the interview. If this is how they treat interviewers, I can only imagine what it's like for employees.
    After asking if I had any questions, they told me they had no further questions and that after they had interviewed everyone they would make a call to whoever was chosen for the position.