Publix Cake Decorator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Cake Decorator Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Asheville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come 3 times, 1st for interview with store manager, next for follow-up with bakery manager then for offer with assistant store manager. Lots of questions about experience and what made me choose public over another place. I am an assistant bakery manager at a competitor and put in my application that I was only looking for full-time and I have 100% availability, also put my current wage. I was told by both the store manager and bakery manager that I would be offered something competitive and full-time was possible. At third meeting I was told there was only part-time available and it was only going to be 50 cents more an hour than I was already making. I feel like I was given the run around and my time was wasted. If they would have told me only part-time was available, I would have never gone to the 1st interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple, had a question portion upstairs. After that was completed, they took me downstairs to decorate a cake. Not much different than any other interview. If you cannot perform decently on the cake portion it goes without saying you should not be applying for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Asked a few basic questions and then did a drug test right on the spot. Discussion of pay was brief, and then expectations were talked about. Hired immediately after.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Just basic questions about experience and availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Savannah, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied in person at one location and was told that another store would contact me for an interview. I came into the other location and was scoffed at by the staff saying I had to apply in person at THAT store. After asking for the store manager I was ushered into the interview.
    It was professional and easy... I explained why I was excited to start a career with Publix since their values are so much better than Kroger.
    I was asked how I handle customers and about my past experience in customer service.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question I was asked was if later down the road, if I were to get full time, would I put Publix first...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told that I could start part time at $9/hr.
    I started after being paid crap at Kroger, I should have tried to up talk my work experience and ask for a little more... Im sure I could have gotten 25 more cents or so...