Publix Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Thorough interview, very friendly. They care a lot about customer service, so they care about their employees as well; happy employees equal happy, repeat customers. Easy interview process, but they do take it seriously; easy does not mean unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you like interacting with people?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

It was very brief in the front office of the store. Since the application is through a computer, he had it printed out and looked at that. I also brought my resume with me, but he didn't really look at it. He pretty much just confirmed my information and then asked me the typical part time questions. I also had to do an oral drug test at the time of the interview (cotton thing in mouth). I applied in-store, but didn't hear back. After a while, someone called and offered me an interview. It was for a different store, so keep in mind the system that you apply to is actually an application for the different stores in the area.

Interview Questions

• Is your availability flexible?   Answer Question
    • What made you want to apply to Publix?   1 Answer
    • Do you want to be able to work up in the company to say a corporate position (which is pretty common in Publix)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tarpon Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Tarpon Springs, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a quick interview. Very easy and simple questions. Got hired same day. They asked me about my prior work experience and how I felt about working with customers, and what my values were.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Marietta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I asked to speak to the hiring manager and he just asked me why I wanted to work at Publix specifically. He then asked my availability and I told him I was flexible and had a pretty open availability because I wanted to get hired. Then I got a call for a second interview with the Customer Service Assistant Manager. This guy asked me why I was in Georgia since I wasn't from there and then I was hired on the spot. So basically, the first guy must've liked me in the 5 minutes I talked to him on the store floor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix specifically?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

First you go in the store and fill out an application, then they call you to come in for a very basic interview and to take a drug test. You need to pass the drug test in order to be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Indian Trail, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Indian Trail, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was very laid back and casual. I met with the Customer Service Manager and her Assistant Customer Service Manager. Questions were really easy, mainly just why publix, why I'm leaving my current job, what my roles are currently. Came back for a second interview with the store manager which was also pretty easy. Asked me what service meant to me and explain a time I had a difficult customer. Had to take a drug test and get a background test done and then was offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Cumming, GA).

Interview

You sit down with a hiring manager and they ask a few normal questions. It was a really easy interview. They just want to make sure you are able to work in a retail environment

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied at publix and within two weeks I was called for an interview. I also want to say that I went into a publix to speak to a manager because it's always better for them to see you face to face, it let's them know you want the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked basic questions like do you have transportation and are you willing to come to work if you weren't scheduled and we need you. I was also asked about my customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Naples, FL).

Interview

Applied in store, was called in for an interview a few days later. It was extremely easy. The store manager just asked my availability, if I was in school or had any schedule restrictions then described the company. That was all. After describing the company he told me I was hired, what I'd be paid and that I'd be hearing back soon to get started. He didn't go into detail about the position I applied for (and was hired for) though.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Quick interviews. They basically were just trying to get a feel of my personality. No real serious interview questions. The manager and I talked mostly about our children. We set up a time for my second interview and drug test.