Publix Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

1.8

138 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

First you go in the store and fill out an application, then they call you to come in for a very basic interview and to take a drug test. You need to pass the drug test in order to be hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Cumming, GA).

Interview

You sit down with a hiring manager and they ask a few normal questions. It was a really easy interview. They just want to make sure you are able to work in a retail environment

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Pasadena, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (South Pasadena, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

After filling out the application on site I received a phone call to setup an in person interview. Interview was great, felt as if i was having a cup coffee with an old buddy catching up. Very personable and positive energy.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked what my future goal was with a potential future employer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indian Trail, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Indian Trail, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was very laid back and casual. I met with the Customer Service Manager and her Assistant Customer Service Manager. Questions were really easy, mainly just why publix, why I'm leaving my current job, what my roles are currently. Came back for a second interview with the store manager which was also pretty easy. Asked me what service meant to me and explain a time I had a difficult customer. Had to take a drug test and get a background test done and then was offered a position.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend, and was met by a hiring manager a week later. Not super formal, met in their office and talked for a while before talking about my employment.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Attended job fair - which consisted of application/survey and role playing. After a few days I got a call for a second interview, which was a one on one. I was asked a few general questions (why did I want to work for publix, prior job history and what a knew about Publix). Lasted around 5-10 mins. After a few days I was called for a third interview and was told to bring 2 forms of id. I was offered a position and accepted. They did a drug test on the spot and said they would do a background check.

Cashier Interview

Interview

not really a process- applied, was called in, and started filling out HR papers. met with many managers all who were wonderful and very encouraging, loved the process, very laid back and easy going. took drug test on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in the back room with a manager.
    They wanted to get to know you to judge your character.

Do NOT go in dressing like trash, otherwise you are going to get tossed out like trash.
    Go in professionally dressed.
    Management will see you applying. If they see you all trashy, don't expect to get hired.
    Remove all ear rings, and other piercings make yourself look clean.

Interview Questions

• End result was can you count, and do you steal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Augusta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very quick and overall pleasant experience from the initial application, interview, and pre hiring process. Seems like a great place to work. They seem very interested in potential employees

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

A lot of interrogative questions, long and tedious, kind of ridiculous, and overall a waste of time. A lot of questions were biased and designed to set you up for failure.

Interview Questions

• "Why don't you go back to Whole Foods?"   2 Answers