Publix Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

1.8

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in South Pasadena, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (South Pasadena, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

After filling out the application on site I received a phone call to setup an in person interview. Interview was great, felt as if i was having a cup coffee with an old buddy catching up. Very personable and positive energy.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked what my future goal was with a potential future employer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend, and was met by a hiring manager a week later. Not super formal, met in their office and talked for a while before talking about my employment.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Attended job fair - which consisted of application/survey and role playing. After a few days I got a call for a second interview, which was a one on one. I was asked a few general questions (why did I want to work for publix, prior job history and what a knew about Publix). Lasted around 5-10 mins. After a few days I was called for a third interview and was told to bring 2 forms of id. I was offered a position and accepted. They did a drug test on the spot and said they would do a background check.

Cashier Interview

Interview

not really a process- applied, was called in, and started filling out HR papers. met with many managers all who were wonderful and very encouraging, loved the process, very laid back and easy going. took drug test on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in the back room with a manager.
    They wanted to get to know you to judge your character.

Do NOT go in dressing like trash, otherwise you are going to get tossed out like trash.
    Go in professionally dressed.
    Management will see you applying. If they see you all trashy, don't expect to get hired.
    Remove all ear rings, and other piercings make yourself look clean.

Interview Questions

• End result was can you count, and do you steal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Augusta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very quick and overall pleasant experience from the initial application, interview, and pre hiring process. Seems like a great place to work. They seem very interested in potential employees

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

A lot of interrogative questions, long and tedious, kind of ridiculous, and overall a waste of time. A lot of questions were biased and designed to set you up for failure.

Interview Questions

• "Why don't you go back to Whole Foods?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Surfside Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Surfside Beach, Horry, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to hiring event, filled out application, met with manager. Got called back twice to meet 2 different managers. Everyone was very nice. They were very thorough in explaining about the company and my role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work as a GRS instead of a cashier?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

You get called and interviewed within a few days. The questions I answered focused on remembering tasks by telling me a list of things and repeating them to the interviewer perfectly. Also questions like why do you want the job, tell me about yourself, and would I be willing to do certain jobs. There was only one interview and within a week I was contacted for the job. After an arduous drug and alcohol test as well as a 5 hour class to learn the basics of the job and a few online training modules, it took about a month to start officially working at Publix.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you want the job?   Answer Question
    • You might be tasked with several jobs before closing the store for the day, such as mop, wash, and clean the floors, clean the bathrooms, count register tills, block the aisles and lock the front door. Now repeat to me the tasks I just told you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview a week after I applied. The store you applied for may not be the store you will get so keep that in mind. The interview was simple. The hiring manager wanted to know more about you and asked you questions about how you would deal with the customers. There are plenty of room to ask questions. I was hired on the spot, while for others they call you back.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a hard customer?   1 Answer