Publix Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview a week after I applied. The store you applied for may not be the store you will get so keep that in mind. The interview was simple. The hiring manager wanted to know more about you and asked you questions about how you would deal with the customers. There are plenty of room to ask questions. I was hired on the spot, while for others they call you back.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a hard customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very relaxed and friendly. If you have customer service experience you will do great. The questions are basic people friendly questions and honesty is the key.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of Customer Service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in the store and received a call a few weeks later from a location down the street from the store I applied to. I came in for an interview a few days later. The interview was with the store manager. I was nervous but he was very understanding and made me feel relaxed. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Publix. Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

My interview wasn't really even an interview. Once you've scheduled your interview with the store manager, you have the job. The only way you won't get it at that point is if you can't pass the drug test. My test was a few days post interview, however some stores have been known to do same day testing after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Since Publix is a company that tends to hire people based on who they know, my interview questions weren't very specific. I was 16 so most of the questions to gauge my responsibility level were about school and how I handle different tasks there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call for an interview within the next 2-3 days after I filled in my application. My interview was only one question and it took less than 3 minutes to complete. Just be sure to research the company's mission statement before you go into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Wales, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Lake Wales, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in store and they called me a week later for an interview. My interview took about twenty minutes, and then I was hired. The man only asked me three questions then I did a drug test. Once my drug and background test comes back okay, I will go to a five hours orientation then an eight hour orientation and I start the job.

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Boynton Beach, FL).

Interview

the process for this interview was indeed too easy because they just need someone to fill in the position due to people being fired all the time! They really just don't care!

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Lilburn, GA).

Interview

The asked basic questions but its really about who you know when working with Publix.
    They asked me why do I want to work here?
    How would I feel about being cross trained?
    Then it really just turned into a conversation about me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why do I want to work here?
      How would I feel about being cross trained?
      Then it really just turned into a conversation about me.
      1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

With Publix, you have to physically go into the store and apply at a kiosk. If they choose you, you get a call back and are called in for an interview. After the interview, you're invited to the orientation and once that's finished, you now have a job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

It was pretty easy. They just want to know that you put customer service on top of everything else. Be sure to mention that the customer and their satisfaction goes above everything. They care about the customers a lot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question