Publix Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

Asked standard interview questions, ensured employee was team player.

Interview Questions

• What has been a past mistake of yours on the job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

Interview

Once i got the interview, the interview was so laid back and easy. just be polite, talk about how you'd like more responsibility, show you would be good to work with customers.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Cashier Interview

Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Will ask you basic questions and if they feel that you are friendly and can handle customers politely, they will hire you.

Took weeks to get a job interview then drug test on the spot. After a week, they will get the result and will call you back for a job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The process was really easy. I expected worse, but the questions were very easy and straightforward with no pressure from the managers there. They also had me take an oral drug test there. You have to sit there for about 5-10 minutes after your interview is over, you've been hired, and they give you their pay idea for you. Then you just have to wait for the test to be done, sealed, and put away for shipping.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was super easy and the person interviewing me was extremely helpful and nice. After submitting my application I heard back in a week and they scheduled the interview. I got the job before the interview was over.

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Boynton Beach, FL).

Interview

the process for this interview was indeed too easy because they just need someone to fill in the position due to people being fired all the time! They really just don't care!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Fast and friendly! The manager was quick to talk to me. He was very friendly and was looking more so for my people skills and how I communicated with customers. Overall, it was a very positive experience and would recommend for others.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in February 2008.

Interview

One in-house interview. Standard interview questions. Nothing difficult or complicated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer based on experience only, no negotiation.