Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions

1.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I had been looking at two Publix stores and I understand that the hiring process is a tedious and stressful process, but I felt like they could have done better. I talked to the manager at one Publix and she told me they would call the next week. I gave them a week and half understanding that it was a busy time. I called to restate my eagerness to work at Publix and she remembered my name and all and said I'll pull your app. I haven't heard from them at all.
The second Publix I went to, I only got the interview because I talked to the assistant manager. I had my interview, which wasn't professional. I was scheduled for my interview and the head manager was supposed to interview me and I was told he was in a meeting. I waited for 10 minutes and the assistant manager told the main manager that she would start my interview, expecting him to finish it off. She wasn't prepared for the interview, her pauses between questions was more of what can I ask next versus analyzing my answers. After she talked to me, she had someone ask speak to me, who wasn't the manager.
When everything was over and done, she said I will call you within the hour and if not, call me. I gave her two hours to call because she was busy when I arrived. When I called, I was told she was on cash register and that she would call me the next day (today) at five. It is after 7, and hadn't heard a thing. I decided not to call because I don't want to be a pest after I called yesterday.
I understand forgetting things, but the fact that I was given times and did not receive a call and my interview was unprofessional really made me skeptical. I was really looking forward to working at Publix.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Customer Service Staff Interview

Interview

Called in and sat with the store manager and customer service manager for an interview. Asked a few of the typical hiring questions about my past and what I liked about Publix. Was hired on the spot and drug tested the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to provide outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very short and unprofessional. I was asked ridiculous questions. They did a lot of my important information over the phone which resulted in another easy pointless interview. They hire anyone and anyone as long as you can pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied at kiosk in store, received a call back 2 weeks later. First interview was with the assistant manager and it was very relaxed; more of a "get to know you" type interview. They did ask about my previous customer service experience, and also to tell them about a time that I dealt with an upset customer and what did I do about to handle the situation. Was told during the first interview that they liked me and they would call me the next day for a second interview with the store manager. As expected, they called the next day to schedule the second interview. This interview took place 4 days after the first. The manager asked me what I know about Publix and then proceeded to explain the origins of the company to me (I honestly had not researched that question). The interview was again very relaxed and the manager explained how there's a lot of opportunity to advance within Publix. No unexpected questions. I feel like, as in the first interview, they were trying to get a feel for who you are as a person. Was called the next day with an offer for full-time employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Cary, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied at an application fair that Publix was holding. It was held in a hotel lobby as the store was not finished being built. Within 72 hours of applying, I was called by Publix to set up an interview time. I then went for my interview. Within 48 hours of the interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table that would benefit Publix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Huntsville, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied at the store through computer kiosk. Couple weeks later called for an interview with store manager. Next day (Saturday) met with Customer Service Manger. Offered a position on Monday.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Mostly behavioral question, not technical at all.
    Got a phone call on the same day, and did that drug test.
    For all retail location, the work day starts on every Saturday.
    Pay is one week behind, and if you have its credit union, you get pay on every Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Only ask for experience and why do you want to work for Publix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (West Palm Beach, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was easy and painless, must go to a paid orientation. Everyone was helpful and nice and was given clear expectaions of the company and the history of core values of which the company was built from

Interview Questions

• Where do you see urself in 5 years, have you had experience in high volume traffic, are you a people person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply on one of the Publix computers located outside some stores in where your application process goes fast that if you apply from a different source. First you receive a call from the Manager of the Customer Service to schedule a personal interview on the store. Your interview is conducted in the store with the assessor of the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Publix to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what makes Publix different from other stores?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Regular 1 on 1, make sure you lock your FB privacy of bad pictures

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 day paid class training