Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.7

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I had been looking at two Publix stores and I understand that the hiring process is a tedious and stressful process, but I felt like they could have done better. I talked to the manager at one Publix and she told me they would call the next week. I gave them a week and half understanding that it was a busy time. I called to restate my eagerness to work at Publix and she remembered my name and all and said I'll pull your app. I haven't heard from them at all.
The second Publix I went to, I only got the interview because I talked to the assistant manager. I had my interview, which wasn't professional. I was scheduled for my interview and the head manager was supposed to interview me and I was told he was in a meeting. I waited for 10 minutes and the assistant manager told the main manager that she would start my interview, expecting him to finish it off. She wasn't prepared for the interview, her pauses between questions was more of what can I ask next versus analyzing my answers. After she talked to me, she had someone ask speak to me, who wasn't the manager.
When everything was over and done, she said I will call you within the hour and if not, call me. I gave her two hours to call because she was busy when I arrived. When I called, I was told she was on cash register and that she would call me the next day (today) at five. It is after 7, and hadn't heard a thing. I decided not to call because I don't want to be a pest after I called yesterday.
I understand forgetting things, but the fact that I was given times and did not receive a call and my interview was unprofessional really made me skeptical. I was really looking forward to working at Publix.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

You apply in store on a application computer. After applying you talk to a manager in charge and see if that store is currently hiring. If they are hiring , they will review your application and do a face to face interview. If they like you, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Nashville, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, quite short. Customer service manager was friendly and down to earth and the process was informal. Assistant cs manager was also present for a portion of the interview, both friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview

ASM came to me at my location of employment, offering a position. Applied and interviewed within 2 days. Interview was a few minimal questions, as the application process is a glorified personality test, exploring every facet of your personality, including work ethic, retention likelihood, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an option.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very short and unprofessional. I was asked ridiculous questions. They did a lot of my important information over the phone which resulted in another easy pointless interview. They hire anyone and anyone as long as you can pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply on one of the Publix computers located outside some stores in where your application process goes fast that if you apply from a different source. First you receive a call from the Manager of the Customer Service to schedule a personal interview on the store. Your interview is conducted in the store with the assessor of the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Publix to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what makes Publix different from other stores?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

They asked questions so that they could get to know you, both personally, and how Publix could use your skills. It was a 1-on-1 interview that included the customer service manager, and then i eventually had to interview with the store manager.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Interview

Called in and sat with the store manager and customer service manager for an interview. Asked a few of the typical hiring questions about my past and what I liked about Publix. Was hired on the spot and drug tested the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to provide outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (West Palm Beach, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was easy and painless, must go to a paid orientation. Everyone was helpful and nice and was given clear expectaions of the company and the history of core values of which the company was built from

Interview Questions

• Where do you see urself in 5 years, have you had experience in high volume traffic, are you a people person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

it was simple and straight forward.....i was asked for my background check up....also my status proof.after that i was asked to take a picture and also led to the interview room