Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions

1.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in August 2008.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to come in for an interview a couple weeks later. They asked all the basic questions: why do you want to work here? what does customer service mean to you? etc. They then administered the drug test and scheduled my first day of training. Easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied at an in-store kiosk and was called in for my first interview approximately three weeks later. I was told that I would have a second interview in a week at most. However, my second interview did not come for another 6 weeks. Immediately after, I did a drug test that was supposed to return the results in 3-5 business days. I was not called back for another five weeks, at which time I was told to come in the next day to do paperwork and be given a schedule for training in two days.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked to elaborate the experiences I had on my resume, in both interviews. THen I spoke very casually with the manager for about 30 mins.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Ocala, FL).

Interview

If you' re seeking an entry level position and you get called in for an interview you are almost guaranteed a position. I had my interview with the store manager and it lasted about 10 minutes. He asked very general questions about my experience with people and working as a team and at the end of the interview offered me a position. I was then issued an employee handbook and drug tested via mouth swab. A few days later I had my orientation which lasted I think a little more than four hours and they give you a half sub, chips, and a drink halfway through. About a week later I had training in my store which lasted about six to eight hours.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions I was given were fairly simple and straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview wasn't particularly difficult at all. Getting a job at Publix, unfortunately, is based more on the people you happen to know and not actual credentials. Be punctual though, as retail positions rely on punctuality.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in August 2010.

Interview

Special circumstance

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview

ASM came to me at my location of employment, offering a position. Applied and interviewed within 2 days. Interview was a few minimal questions, as the application process is a glorified personality test, exploring every facet of your personality, including work ethic, retention likelihood, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an option.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very short and unprofessional. I was asked ridiculous questions. They did a lot of my important information over the phone which resulted in another easy pointless interview. They hire anyone and anyone as long as you can pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Customer Service Staff Interview

Interview

Called in and sat with the store manager and customer service manager for an interview. Asked a few of the typical hiring questions about my past and what I liked about Publix. Was hired on the spot and drug tested the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to provide outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

it was simple and straight forward.....i was asked for my background check up....also my status proof.after that i was asked to take a picture and also led to the interview room

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I had been looking at two Publix stores and I understand that the hiring process is a tedious and stressful process, but I felt like they could have done better. I talked to the manager at one Publix and she told me they would call the next week. I gave them a week and half understanding that it was a busy time. I called to restate my eagerness to work at Publix and she remembered my name and all and said I'll pull your app. I haven't heard from them at all.
    The second Publix I went to, I only got the interview because I talked to the assistant manager. I had my interview, which wasn't professional. I was scheduled for my interview and the head manager was supposed to interview me and I was told he was in a meeting. I waited for 10 minutes and the assistant manager told the main manager that she would start my interview, expecting him to finish it off. She wasn't prepared for the interview, her pauses between questions was more of what can I ask next versus analyzing my answers. After she talked to me, she had someone ask speak to me, who wasn't the manager.
    When everything was over and done, she said I will call you within the hour and if not, call me. I gave her two hours to call because she was busy when I arrived. When I called, I was told she was on cash register and that she would call me the next day (today) at five. It is after 7, and hadn't heard a thing. I decided not to call because I don't want to be a pest after I called yesterday.
    I understand forgetting things, but the fact that I was given times and did not receive a call and my interview was unprofessional really made me skeptical. I was really looking forward to working at Publix.