Publix Deli Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Deli Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Land O' Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Land O' Lakes, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online in the store I contacted the Deli Manager by the name of Doug. Him and the assistant Store Manager met with me for an interview and discussed many areas. I was set up for a drug testing and other things to prepare for an orientation. I was hired and started working in the Deli for a month and a half then I transferred to cashier position where I have been since Aug. 2015.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had in this area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The flexibility of hours I would work.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief and easy. Apllied in store. Met with the Assistant Store Manager first. Met with Store Manager after that. Met with department manager last. They set up a time for orientation and I started immediately after the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle different situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with store manager took 6 minutes. However, I have extensive food background in deli, restaurant, and food warehouse management. Store Manager spent most of the time promoting Publix company culture, benefits, and advancement opportunities. Plans to open 80+ stores in next year! Manager was very professional and personable. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked of me was "what do I like to do in my spare time?'   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application in a store and received a call within 3 days for an interview. I came in for 1 interview where I was asked about my experience from a prior employer.

Interview Questions

• How long are you planning to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation for what I made. I was started at the standard starting hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal, pleasant interview with the Deli Manager and the Deli Assistant Manager we discussed hours, wages, uniforms, training, start date, etc. I will have a hiring decision with 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind fast-paced work, Part time hours   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Stuart, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

It was quick. I applied in my local store, and was called 2 days later by the Deli Manager at the Downtown Store, who scheduled me for interview the following day. I interviewed, Drug Tested and my background was checked all in one day, and I received an Offer which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Panama City Beach, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

I started working for them in Panama City Beach, Fl after attending a job fair. Met the store manager, and started with a brand new store (#1105) and since then, I haven't worked. I haven't found a store like Publix, and I moved to NC, TX, and CA

Interview Questions

• To what extent would you go to please a crappy customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Want to start anew with an old company? Customer service is our specialty.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

The main issue they were concerned with was availablity because the hours can vary greatly. There is a personality assessment before you speak with someone and you must pass a drug test before you can start.

Interview Questions

• The personality assessment was the most difficult part of the interview, as these questions can be very tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Deli Associate Interview

Interview

I was hired as a deli associate for an internship with my school so for the most part I was interviewed differently than a person who was not interviewed for a non paid internship position. My interview was with the Assistant Deli Manager and then the Deli Manager and then the final was the Store Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Weston, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied in store at the Job Application Center. I got a call (on a Sunday) about a week after I submitted my application where an interview was set up for that Wednesday. The customer service manager conducted my interview, along with a deli manager who came in for part of it, since I would be working in the deli. However, the process was not much of an interview. After briefly talking about myself for less than five minutes, I was basically told I had the job. The rest of the process involved explaining some of the responsibilities I would have, filling out paperwork, and taking the saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The only statement I had to respond to was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question