Publix Deli Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Deli Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

1.9

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in April 2016.

Interview

I was not contacted for weeks about my application and when I called about it I was rudely told "we will call you if you for our standards." I had a family friend contact the store because she is a store manager and that is how I got my interview. I went in for my interview a few days later and I talked to the assistant sore manager and the deli manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you feel that you showed leadership skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief and easy. Apllied in store. Met with the Assistant Store Manager first. Met with Store Manager after that. Met with department manager last. They set up a time for orientation and I started immediately after the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle different situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with store manager took 6 minutes. However, I have extensive food background in deli, restaurant, and food warehouse management. Store Manager spent most of the time promoting Publix company culture, benefits, and advancement opportunities. Plans to open 80+ stores in next year! Manager was very professional and personable. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked of me was "what do I like to do in my spare time?'   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Land O' Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Land O' Lakes, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online in the store I contacted the Deli Manager by the name of Doug. Him and the assistant Store Manager met with me for an interview and discussed many areas. I was set up for a drug testing and other things to prepare for an orientation. I was hired and started working in the Deli for a month and a half then I transferred to cashier position where I have been since Aug. 2015.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had in this area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The flexibility of hours I would work.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The initial interview went smoothly, though the manager that interviewed me didn't know much about the particular store because she had only recently transferred there. There were hardly any questions beyond the generic, standard questions. Overall, very easy to get through and very easily passed. They do drug test on the spot and there are two phases to the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal, pleasant interview with the Deli Manager and the Deli Assistant Manager we discussed hours, wages, uniforms, training, start date, etc. I will have a hiring decision with 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind fast-paced work, Part time hours   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix in November 2014.

Interview

I applied at the kiosk a few days ago and received the call today for an interview. It was about 2pm and the manager asked me to come in later tonight around 7pm if possible. I went and the manager was very nice. He took me to his office and began the questions. The interview took about 30 minutes and I was hired on the spot. I go in tomorrow for the drug test and should be doing orientations in the middle of next week after the tests come back. I'm very excited!

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here, what you know about the deli dept., strengths/weaknesses you have, went over my app and what my goals were 2 years and 10 years from now, etc.   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Kiosk computer application. Called back within two weeks. Brief interview with basic questions suck as "Why do you want to work for this company?". They stressed the conservative look of the store and how old and reputable the company is. They seriously love to talk about the founder.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were honest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimum wage. A lot of people apply so they aren't looking to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was organized in an orderly fashion. They had asked me what my goals, strengths and weaknesses were. I had a one to one interview with both the assistant and manager at Publix in Miami, Florida. After the interview they drug tested me and did a backround test and I was ready for the pre-training.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me what my goals, strengths and weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Weston, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied in store at the Job Application Center. I got a call (on a Sunday) about a week after I submitted my application where an interview was set up for that Wednesday. The customer service manager conducted my interview, along with a deli manager who came in for part of it, since I would be working in the deli. However, the process was not much of an interview. After briefly talking about myself for less than five minutes, I was basically told I had the job. The rest of the process involved explaining some of the responsibilities I would have, filling out paperwork, and taking the saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The only statement I had to respond to was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question